What's new

Gamecube ZELDA

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
u guys have to realize that when ppl say 'ppl who buy GC' or 'ppl who buy Xbox', they are not adressing u specifically. obviously there will be many exceptions (especially due to the number of people buying consoles now). They mean the majority of the people who buys. And i think the Nintendo fanboy (AKA Nintendoids.. hehe good one:D ) and Xbox spec-hungry guy stereotype is mostly true. Both companys draw upon these groups too. Think, why is nintendo releasing smash bro so early? to attract its fanboys! Xbox and its widely advertised specs? Xbox's pc luvers!

it'll be interesting to see the 3 consoles duke it out in the near future, with their respective crowd.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
That's the spirit! :D

I don't know about anyone else, but all I care about is playing quality games. I don't care who makes them or what console it appears on, I just want good gaming. I own a PC, DC and PS2 and I'm sure as hell going to buy a NGC. I learnt my lesson from the PSX days about `loyalty`. I wouldn't touch a 64 just because I owned a PSX and I missed out on some quality games.. Multiformat rules! ;)

Slougi

pj64er said:
u guys have to realize that when ppl say 'ppl who buy GC' or 'ppl who buy Xbox', they are not adressing u specifically. obviously there will be many exceptions (especially due to the number of people buying consoles now). They mean the majority of the people who buys. And i think the Nintendo fanboy (AKA Nintendoids.. hehe good one:D ) and Xbox spec-hungry guy stereotype is mostly true. Both companys draw upon these groups too. Think, why is nintendo releasing smash bro so early? to attract its fanboys! Xbox and its widely advertised specs? Xbox's pc luvers!

it'll be interesting to see the 3 consoles duke it out in the near future, with their respective crowd.
Yes but it's not only that. Look at nintendo they have resident evil now exclusively for gc, they are trying to attract new groups. many people whom i know who bought a saturn and were disappointed with it are buying a PS2 now. Many people will also buy a x-box, and not only due to the specs, there are some really nice games out there for it too.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Slougi said:
Many people will also buy a x-box, and not only due to the specs, there are some really nice games out there for it too.
But.. it's.. so damn... BIG! :angry:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Slougi said:
many people whom i know who bought a saturn and were disappointed with it are buying a PS2 now.
These people won't be disappointed because PS2 has some awesome titles (either now or coming soon) that will never see the light of day on any other console (namely GTA3, GT3, MGS2, FFX, etc..). And so PS2 offers great games (it's a DVD player too, you know.. ;)).. the same as the DC did and the NGC/XBox no doubt will too. There is no `winner` of the `my console is better than yours` arguement, and it is clear that to enjoy gaming to it's fullest, you're needing to be owning a variety of hardware.

Now if Nintendo, Sony and M$ just did a `Sega`, we'd all be laughing.. :D

Oleg Zaks said:

Shared thought by whom? A couple of Nintendo fanboys?

"The gc will give you a blend of both, gaming isn´t about gfx it's about gameplay and that´s why most uneducated aka dumb people will buy a x-box and the elite will go for the gc"

Elite my ass.

If we judge by your posts then I reckon that Zeus's opinion about
who will buy a x-box and who a gamecube is totally true.

blizz

enough!!! I've heard enough of this argument:

stylishly sleek one vs the cute purple one vs the plastic brieze block

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Xbox is stylish?!? LOL:D good one!
stare into its controller orb and say that again!

blizz, u know this thread isnt going to end, everyone will stick to their own console and try to convince others to see things from their side. this thread is just an extension of 'GameCube's l337ness' and 'Xbox Sux'. More extensions will come as long as Talk of the Town exists.

blizz

I'd consider the PS2 to be sleek ;)

plus I was making a veiled comment about this, but hey I know what I played today at my mates house, and it was the small, purple cube :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
maybe u guys should give this a sticky or its own forum.
its popularity obviously wont die until the consoles themselves die.

of course, after that ppl will argue over PS3, YBoy, and GameTo-The-Power-of-Four!;)

gokuss4

Meh...
i saw like two different versions of the gamecube zelda. the fight with link vs ganandorf and the cartoon version (YUCK THE CARTOON VERSION BETTER NOT BE THE FINAL RELEASE YUCK!!!!!!!) *clears throat* the zelda "128" is supposed to be set like 2 years after majoras mask adventure (even in real time):D but still i would say zelda "128" would be a great game if it was a 3D game version but if its cartoony lookin, FORGET IT!!!!!!!!!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
the cartoon zelda is how its going to look, its confirmed.
they may even extend the look to Sunshine Mario.
(i think i said this already...)

Cyberman

Method Man said:
X-Box is the best system in terms of specs.

The Xbox is over rated and highly inefficient. Tile based rendering gives you a lot better performance at half the cost. Bottom line is the Xbox is nothing more than a celeron PC at 700 mhz with a G3 GPU stuffed on, a crappy one to boot.

I'm unimpressed by the engineering Nividia has put into it's products thus far.

Cyb

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Firstly I want to say that I think that 'Celda' looks fantastic, and I eagerly await it.

As for the next-gen argument I think there are lots of people who are really close-minded about why they are choosing a system. For me the only decision will be between Xbox and GameCube. There is honestly nothing on the PS2 that interests me (with maybe the exception of MGS2 and GTA3, which has been banned in Australia anyway). Most of the games that I want are on/will be coming to GameCube, and its much cheaper so I will probably be buying that first. The thing that pulls me to Xbox is the network gaming. But until I get broadband and lots more money I'll be staying with GC.

BTW that penny arcade what damn funny as usual :D

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
zeus said:

If I were to elite your ass wouldn´t your fanboys be disappointed, I´ve heard that some of them are working 24-7 to satisfy it.

Heh? Trying be funny?

"If we judge by your posts then I reckon that Zeus's opinion about who will buy a x-box and who a gamecube is totally true."
Hey, if we judge by YOUR`S and Zeus` posts, I reckon that my opinion of y`all fanboys is totally true.

"maybe u guys should give this a sticky or its own forum.
its popularity obviously wont die until the consoles themselves die. "
Lol, that would be great.

zeus

Yep, always trying to be funny but when looking at the post later the pun was gone, I guess the moment is gone. Anyways since I own all consoles in the nes to ps2 range I´m pretty sure that I won´t make tryouts for fanboy. But I´ll have to agree with Cyb, the x-box is overrated, have you ever owned a celly? If you have then you are very familiar with the level of performance it will give you.

And one shouldn´t even think about console specs, remember the days when the ps2 was said to be able to render 66 million triangels, I believe the x-box has a value of 100 million triangels. I´m eagerly awaiting ps2 games that will give me better visual quality then the dreamcast, I know there are a few but overall they are very close in terms of visual quality.

And blizz since you have played all three which one was the best by your opinion, I have yet to play the gc and the x-box.

Last edited:

blizz

GC:

console wise it's tiny, I mean very very small, and I mean I thought the DC was small, the controller is actually quite odd at first but the same was true of the N64's "trident" controller

Super Monkey Ball is addictive as hell, and I love hearing the little gits squeak when you play monkey pool,
Luigi's Mansion is a really odd game to get into but once you get the hang of the controls it's fine, it feels very much like an arcade game though, and I feel it would have worked better in that format and that would have maybe given it more replay value, I'm not sure
Wave Racer: Bluestorm, same as last time mainly, they had it setup for two player in Akihabara and that was great fun

PS2:

hardware wise the controller is well known, the brick itself it half nice, I like the colour and the style but the overhang is a waste of space, but some creative types have designed modems to fit in there, also there really should be four controller ports,

Devil May Cry
SSX
GTA3
MGS2
FFX
Onimusha

those are the PS2 games, the PS2 has a lot of crap on it too, but the great stuff on it is great

X-Box:

yes it is a huge brieze block and yes the controllers are huge but you get used to it as with the GC controller

I've played Halo and DOA3, both are pretty as hell, Halo is boring as hell too though, it's basically feels like Quake but the levels just feel uninspired, and don't make the mistake of thinking it's got a story, it's a poor rip off of Starship Troopers, but I don't like FPS anyway

DOA3 is wonderful to watch but plays a lot like DOA2, in that I'm sure that damm AI is still cheating like hell, but it's probably the best game on the console, the best thing to do though is wait, since they're releasing an add on disk with lots of extras which are part and parcel of the DOA series

I'll probably buy a GC first since it's got some great stuff come out like Super Smash Brothers: Melee and Super Monkey Ball, and the Resi Evil remake, I'll probably get the PS2 later on in it's life, but I'm really not sure about the X-Box, it reminds me too much of the Saturn and the DC.