What's new

DeSmuME Screenshots

Low Lines

Post screenshots for DeSmuME here (for all versions) and we'll just Make note of a new section (ie new version) as we go :bouncy:

OP
L

Low Lines

Another Code (E)
Note: Freezes after the story intro

Fullmetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy (J)
Note: Plays better than No$GBA but hangs during the story intro

Nanostray (U)
Note: Only intros

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Sonic Rush (U)
Note: Press Start as soon as the screen goes white after the first screenshot or else the game WILL hang. Menus work but game freezes like the last screenshot.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenger of the Sith (E)
Note: Minor menu glitches

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Tak 3 (U)
Note: These screenshots were taken using the improved 3D core made by Synch. But not the latest code, so don't ask questions about it, I just thought it would be useful because some games have messed up 3D.
Also for some reason the START button causes the game to freeze/crash.

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

synch said:
Offtopic (yes, I'm sorry): That 3D doesn't look too much improved :p
No worries it was meant to tell you that ;) it's the same with Super Mario 64 DS, mario's head in the menu is all bleh! :bouncy:

Cyberman

Hmmmm You linked the screen shots right LL?
Otherwise they would be Thumb Nail shots.
I don't mind screen shot threads but they can get expansive (long?)
Anyhow it might be preferable to prevent (long loading thread) that to use attached versus linked. It's not as fun or easy to play with though. Hmmm :)

And (ahem) Mario's head is messed up indeed, LowLines is messing with Mario's head again (sigh).

Cyb

Last edited:
OP
L

Low Lines

Cyberman said:
Hmmmm You linked the screen shots right LL?
Otherwise they would be Thumb Nail shots.
Sorry didn't realise people it that for that reason :evil:
Cyberman said:
I don't mind screen shot threads but they can get expansive (long?)
Anyhow it might be preferable to prevent (long loading thread) that to use attached versus linked. It's not as fun or easy to play with though.
Yeah I actually thought people were just being lazy having their screenshots as attachments :evil:
Cyberman said:
Hmmm :)

And (ahem) Mario's head is messed up indeed, LowLines is messing with Mario's head again (sigh).

Cyb
Whether Mario is ever thinking along the right lines has got nothing to do with me :evil:....I am just waiting for Yoshi :flowers:

marione

Banned
(WAVE warp... :borg: )

@testers

What do you think to post more images from new desmume's core?

thx :flowers:

OP
L

Low Lines

synch said:
Marione: don't you like surprises ? :p
Hmm well, how is it a surprise? You've been telling us all about it ;)
(And from what I've been told, it's gonna be really interesting when the next release comes out :drool:)

synch

Low Lines said:
Hmm well, how is it a surprise? You've been telling us all about it ;)
(And from what I've been told, it's gonna be really interesting when the next release comes out :drool:)

Only the technical details, and just showing "demos", believe me you've not seen/read the most important breakthroughs (At least not in my blog).

synch

diablow said:
I bet that new version of no$gba will be released first ;)

I don't care that much, my motivation behind fixing and enhacing desmume is getting it to be a good developer tool (right now, Dualis is what is mostly used for homebrew developing). no$gba is a damn good emulator and it'll get better and better, but the developer version costs money, and it's closed source. Desmume, on the other side, is open source, and has some tools to debug and develop homebrew. To summarize, it's not a race for me, just a way to learn how the ds works and let others develop their homebrew easier :)

spotanjo3

diablow,

You are right but it is no competive. It is not righ to tell him that it is getting better than the desmume. All emulators have different weaks and they all will get better in time. Nonetheless are better at all. :)

OP
L

Low Lines

synch said:
Only the technical details, and just showing "demos", believe me you've not seen/read the most important breakthroughs (At least not in my blog).
Hmm well, i realise that, but Normmatt is clearly impressed so I think it shall be really good to see your "breakthroughs" :bouncy: And I think the race died when iDeaS & DeSmuME were previously DISCONTINUED....Now I think it's more of a wait until some more skilled programmers pick up the scene again :party:
Frankly, I prefer it being rather slow atm, cos it means less work for me (with my Compats)....cos like even all my efforts to get 3 months ahead of the release schedule are steadily falling behind.
But yeah, keep getting better and don't overwork yourself synch and everyone SHOULD be happy with just that ;)

diablow

So, you're going for compatibility with your emulator, is that right? Nice to hear that DesMuMe will be a new tool to help homebrew scene. Good luck.

synch

Low Lines: it's far from slower development, simply less releases, so the changes will be bigger between versions. At least for this release, I don't know if we'll decide to do faster (less fixes/improvements inbetween) releases.

OP
L

Low Lines

synch said:
Low Lines: it's far from slower development, simply less releases, so the changes will be bigger between versions. At least for this release, I don't know if we'll decide to do faster (less fixes/improvements inbetween) releases.
I didn't mean development wise...I'm talking about when a new release comes out, I prefer less releases cos it means less hassle all at once (I mean it took a couple of months to get a complete compat list on DeSmuME 0.3.5 WIP1, and that was ONLY because of the astounding help of Rockmangames :flowers: ) and now I update my list on Friday afternoon, and looky looky, 5 more games that need to be added :bouncy: