What's new

Arafat dying?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
vampireuk said:
Have you graduated from such a prestigous university?

That's a weak rebuttal. It doesn't matter if I did or not, I'm not running for political office nor parading around my credentials.

vampireuk said:
I think this sums it up perfectly, most people don't even know much about the election but they will vote because Bush is bad.

Wrong. I've been following this election very closely. I just feel Kerry is the lesser of two evils, even if by a negligible margin.

vampireuk said:
Explain how he fucked up? Also he approved a war therefore he cannot be a hippy, think before you apply silly insults to people ;)

Sadaam didn't have any weapons.
If a bully at school threatened to kick your ass because you said you had ___ and you didn't, you'd say no, right? If that same bully kept harassing you about it, telling you that you had ___, eventually you'd buckle and admit to having ___ just so he'd leave you alone.

Guilty as charged on the hippy comment. *shrug*

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
That's a weak rebuttal. It doesn't matter if I did or not, I'm not running the country.

No it is not a weak rebuttal, have you graduated from a prestigous university like Bush has? Bush is a very intelligent person and his graduation from Yale proves that, you can try to discredit the fact that he suceeded there if you want, but he has done what you have not.

Wrong. I've been following this election very closely. I just feel Kerry is the lesser of two evils, even if by a negligible margin.

First you said you were doing it out of spite for Bush, care to make your mind up?

Sadaam didn't have any weapons.

Yes he did, weapons have been found in Iraq that were banned under UN sanctions, this is a well known fact and feel free to check the news for it. Saddam was not allowed to have the weapons that were found in Iraq therefore he had illegal weapons :cool:

I suggest good proper research before you argue your side on things :D

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
zAlbee said:
That site strikes me as tabloid, and suspiciously untrustworthy.

You can go read Kerry's book if you'd like. It's his own words and says exactly what you just read. Kerry did in fact call Arafat a statesman and a role model in 1997.

Last edited:

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
vampireuk said:
Because American's don't care what Europe or anyone else thinks, it is their country and they will pick who THEY want running it, not anybody else.
Americans themselves have been as vocal against bush. when i said global opinion, i actually meant global, including USA itself.

vampireuk said:
He is a strong leader and a extremely intelligent man who is leading those who have the balls to stand against terrorism around the world.
thinking with your balls instead of your brain. that's what it amounts to. bush is maintaining this won't-back-down stance in hopes that terrorists will eventually give up out of fear. this is a fine tactic, i agree, after all you can't let them believe they can get away with bombing your country for free. but you don't then go and start a war with an unrelated country 2 years later. you're giving them the justificiation they don't deserve, and a support base that they wouldn't have. that's just stupid timing. where were the brains behind that? he couldn't have come up with a better strategy than that?

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
AlphaWolf said:
You can go read Kerry's book if you'd like. It's his own words and says exactly what you just read. Kerry did in fact call Arafat a statesman and a role model in 1997.
perhaps the source is valid. i'm not going to read it. if you've read it, tell me.

frankly, i dont' expect him, or anyone else, to predict the future. if his opinion was different 7 years ago, so be it. as long as he makes the right judgement today.

willljjj

Banned
Seriously, Vamp, you've GOT to be trolling. GW an intelligent man? That's like someone claiming Kerry isn't a polished career politician. It's just plainly wrong and outrageous to claim.

I think it's more interesting that those are the two choices you've got:
Spoiled Insane Daddy's Boy who is retarded.
Polished Insane Lie Machine that is vacuous.

The Europeans have every right to hate us. We're clearly too retarded to give ourselves (at least in the current system) ONE valid candidate that would be worthy of leading a pack of boyscouts, much less the whole country including the most powerful military the planet has ever seen.

I'm pretty gloom and doom over the future of the planet and this country in particular and

history
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitler

would
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mussolini

bear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Sharon

me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco

out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shock_and_awe
:yucky:

vampireuk said:
No it is not a weak rebuttal,

Yes it is. Bush's Yale record (as a cheerleader no less) would show that he is clearly a paid for graduate, with little or no of his own academic success being earned by himself. The man simply is dimwitted, and I mean no offence by this, I just feel someone running the country should be "bright" or "self assured" or "clever" or "tactful" or "intelligent" or any of the words that Baby Bush clearly ISN'T.

Hitler was a strong leader too. So was Stalin, Mussolini, Sharon, Jesus, Ghandi, Franco, Napolean.... Strong Leaders aren't always a good thing. In fact history would show them to be more likely a BAD thing, with rare exceptions, like Jesus and Ghandi.

Last edited:

Eagle

aka Alshain
vampireuk said:
Typical ignorance right there Eagle, you obviously know nothing about Bush aside from the fact that he messes up while speaking now and again, the fact is he is smarter than you. He is smarter than me, he is probably smarter than 99.9% of the members at emutalk. Form your own view of bush instead of listening what the moronic left has to say about him. You don't graduate from Yale by been a idiot, oh and Bush is also more intelligent than Kerry ;)

I have met Bush and eaten dinner with him. I didn't think he was that intelligent then and I dont think he is that intelligent now. Not just from the way he speaks, I was being sarcastic.

Perhaps if you want to engage in a political discussion you should do more than throw out typical insults about Bush's intelligence :rolleyes:

Perhaps you should back up your statements with fact. Prove to me that Bush is smarter than Kerry. I dont believe you. As matter of fact that statement can not be proven. Even if they were to take a standard IQ test, that is STILL inaccurate. So you see vamp, maybe should practive what you preach.

Because they don't let another country decide who runs their country? That's quite a arrogant statement but I expect nothing less from people who know nothing about the US other than Bush = oil.

I know much more about Bush. How about Bush = War, Bush = Poverty, Bush = Personal Vendetta, Bush != Jobs, Bush != Health Care, Bush != A good president.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Well lets look at the check list: Unelected? Check!
Ummm...according to the law set out by the founding fathers, Bush was elected 100% legally. We use electoral votes instead of popular vote to protect the interest of states with a smaller population. The U.S. is a republic after all, and not a democracy, as many would have you believe.

Use wars and xenophobia to boost popularity? Check!
Boost popularity? Someone in this very thread said he's hated around the world because of the war...

Total control of the media so they never say a bad word against you? Check!
What media are you reading/watching? The media says bad stuff against Bush constantly, and let's just about anything Kerry does slide. The majority of American media is owned and operated by extreme liberals...

Kill scores of innocent people to get what you want? Check!
Ummm...not sure where this comes from...

Do anything to get your hands on oil? Check!
We (the U.S.) haven't gotten any more oil out of the war in Iraq...

Inhumane treatment of prisoners? Check!
Last I checked the president didn't do that...some lame-brained egotistical U.S. soldiers that should be stripped of their rank and thrown in prison did...

Face it, you're a dictator, and no amount of gloss will hide that fact… or the fact you're a borderline retard who looks like a monkey!
And whoever wrote this is a blind fool that doesn't look at facts, just what the liberal-controlled media feeds him. Besides, what's wrong with looking like a monkey? One of my best friends looks very similar to a monkey...

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Eagle said:
Bush = War
More like terrorism necessitates war

Eagle said:
Bush = Poverty
Man...I guess those hundreds of people I saw at Wal-Mart buying cart-fulls of stuff including non-neccesities like big-screen TVs today were impoverished...could've fooled me.

Eagle said:
Bush = Personal Vendetta
Yeah, you could say those terrorists really ticked him off...

Eagle said:
Bush != Jobs
Let's see, the U.S.' unemployment rate was 5.1% in September (and the current trend is a decline). According to economists full employment lies somewhere between 5.0% and 5.5%...you do the math.

Eagle said:
Bush != Health Care
Yeah, let's do what Kerry wants and go to socialized health care like Canada and Japan! Then we can all have bad health care!

Eagle said:
Bush != A good president.
Not the best, but better than Kerry by a long-shot.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Eagle said:
Perhaps you should back up your statements with fact. Prove to me that Bush is smarter than Kerry. I dont believe you. As matter of fact that statement can not be proven. Even if they were to take a standard IQ test, that is STILL inaccurate.

Funny you should mention that...

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/24/p...=50a1bcbb16e7cf21&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland

Linda Gottfredson, an I.Q. expert at the University of Delaware, called it a creditable analysis said she was not surprised at the results or that so many people had assumed that Mr. Kerry was smarter. "People will often be misled into thinking someone is brighter if he says something complicated they can't understand," Professor Gottfredson said.

This even coming from NYTimes, a newspaper that definitely hates Bush. Apparently this is backed by many experts on what makes a person smart. You wanted proof? There you have it.

Of course in your defense, one could always argue that higher intelligence doesn't necessary indicate a better ability to do a given job. Hell, we don't just arbitrarily put every Einstein we run across into office. A number of things are involved. The presidents job would definitely require somebody to take a solid stance on what policies they will enact without being easily persuaded for example.

You might like to believe otherwise (such as believing that it is better to have an even more open mind, which isn't a bad thing up until it reaches a certain extreme) but take a look at all of the most well known presidents in US history (Washington, Lincoln, FDR,) and you'll notice something they all have quite in common, vs those who were less popular (Carter.)

Last edited:
OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Beat me to it Alphawolf, gotta love it when you can fight opinions with facts :D

Seriously, Vamp, you've GOT to be trolling. GW an intelligent man? That's like someone claiming Kerry isn't a polished career politician. It's just plainly wrong and outrageous to claim

Why because it does not suit your childish view on Bush? Kerry has a woeful record on the senate and is a REAL war criminal to boot, he admitted it himself when he returned from Vietnam, look it up yourself. While you sit around spitting out the old liberal rhetoric about Bush = war criminal you flat out ignore what Kerry has actually done. Perhaps you are just jelous that President Bush is smarter than you are, which is why you are refusing to accept the truth?

Perhaps you should back up your statements with fact. Prove to me that Bush is smarter than Kerry. I dont believe you. As matter of fact that statement can not be proven. Even if they were to take a standard IQ test, that is STILL inaccurate. So you see vamp, maybe should practive what you preach.

I like how you asked me to back up my claims and then instantly deny me the chance to use some obvious evidence, why should I bother backing up my claims when people like you sit around with your head in the sand ignoring everything around them that might pop their precious little bubble world they have built up around theirselves.

Yes it is. Bush's Yale record (as a cheerleader no less) would show that he is clearly a paid for graduate, with little or no of his own academic success being earned by himself.

Have you even bothered to look at Bush's Yale record? You are lying out of your arse here.

Hitler was a strong leader too. So was Stalin, Mussolini, Sharon, Jesus, Ghandi, Franco, Napolean.... Strong Leaders aren't always a good thing. In fact history would show them to be more likely a BAD thing, with rare exceptions, like Jesus and Ghandi.

Churchill, Reagan, Washington, Lincoln, here comes the typical moronic Nazi comments too.

Do us a favour and come to www.nvnews.net/vbulletin and start posting in the political forum, you will get several new arseholes torn within seconds and run away screaming.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
vampireuk said:
Because they don't let another country decide who runs their country? That's quite a arrogant statement but I expect nothing less from people who know nothing about the US other than Bush = oil.
No, the statement I was implying is that America doesn't seem to care about ANY of its neighbours.

America: United nations screw you...
America: Afganistan screw you.
America: Canada screw you ;)

I hate how powerful America has become, they think they can do anything and nobody can stop them, this is the attitude that Starts Wars not ends them. I'd love to see another super power right now to at least bring some kind of balance.

...But that is personal opinion, and really has nothing to do with Arafat dying, nor does bush ;)

Last edited:
OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Afganistan is not a neighbour of the US, the UN is not a neighbour of the US.

America cares about it's "neighbours" but American's have to look out for American's. You seem rather naive and blinded by your silly dislike of the US. They went to war in Afganistan because it was full of terrorists, have you forgotten 9/11? The United Nations is perhaps the most corrupt organisation in the world, they are in no way trustworthy. You hate how the US has the balls to stand up against terrorism? Once you grow older you will learn how foolish you really sound saying what you are now, trust me on that I know ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
vampireuk said:
Afganistan is not a neighbour of the US, the UN is not a neighbour of the US.

America cares about it's "neighbours" but American's have to look out for American's. You seem rather naive and blinded by your silly dislike of the US. They went to war in Afganistan because it was full of terrorists, have you forgotten 9/11? The United Nations is perhaps the most corrupt organisation in the world, they are in no way trustworthy. You hate how the US has the balls to stand up against terrorism? Once you grow older you will learn how foolish you really sound saying what you are now, trust me on that I know ;)
By neighbours I meant the countries around the world that aren't america, they used 9/11 as an excuse to go to war against "Terror" (my ass it was about that). I hate how the US ignores everyone elses opinions even the opinions of those inside their own country who did not want to go to war.

America's "Balls" have nothing to do with it, sure, go to war whenever you like America, for whatever reason you like, thats fine isn't it? Bullshit.

Afganistan is hardly a threat to the US for a start, nor was IRAQ, America decides because afganistan has a few terrorists the whole country must be carpet bombed.

IRAQ didn't even have any WMD and it wasn't terrorising any other countries, america just invaded that because it felt like it, I don't think they should get away with this kind of behaviour.

Not that I can say I was sad to see Saddam go but.. that doesn't make it right to attack countries for absolutely no reason, and don't tell me it was because of WMD because we all know thats a load of bs, it was about the oil.

Older? i'm only 11 days younger than you are, wow what a big difference in age, just because you're a mod doesn't mean your opinion is any more fucking valid than mine is.

Lets all say France has nuclear cheese weapons and attack them next... if they say they don't we'll call them liers, attack, for the good of the world!

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
By neighbours I meant the countries around the world that aren't america, they used 9/11 as an excuse to go to war against "Terror" (my ass it was about that)

Afganistan was ruled by the taleban which was allowing Al Queda to stay inside the country with their support. The US ousted the taleban from power and has scatted Al Queda from their safe ground. These are facts, you cannot dispute facts with rhetoric, terrorists attacked the US and the US targeted those who were responsible. Where is the hidden agenda?

I hate how the US ignores everyone elses opinions even the opinions of those inside their own country who did not want to go to war.

Because America has to look out for America, did France suffer the terrorist attack or did the US? Was it Russia or Germany? No it was not, other countries views on this matter are irelevant because it was the US that bore the brunt of that attack. You do also realise a huge ammount of people support the war? There are 300 million people in the US and contrary to your seemingly ignorant belief they do not all oppose the war, nor does the vast majority opose the war. Those who shout the loudest are most often heard.

America's "Balls" have nothing to do with it, sure, go to war whenever you like America, for whatever reason you like, thats fine isn't it? Bullshit.[/quote

America is currently involved in Afganistan for the terrorist attacks on the US and Iraq after removing Saddam Hussain for constant violation of UN sanctions against him. This hardly seems like Bush got bored and picked a country at random. Weapons banned under UN sanctions have been found in Iraq and a man guilty of genocide has been removed from power, where is the problem with that? Believe it or not America is trying to help the world, tens of millions of people in two countries are now enjoying more freedom than they have had in their entire lives thanks to the actions of the Coalition.

Afganistan is hardly a threat to the US for a start

Afganistan was a safe haven for terrorists and had the support of the ruling government the taleban which ruled the country with a iron fist.

nor was IRAQ

Iraq violated numerous UN sanctions are refused to cooperate fully with inspectors even when the threat of war was hung over them.

America decides because afganistan has a few terrorists the whole country must be carpet bombed.

Afganistan was not carpet bombed, the towns and cities were liberated without the use of massive ordanance and the only areas "carpet bombed" was the tora bora region, a vast empty space where terrorist and taleban fighters were known to operate. Perhaps you should learn about military actions instead of spewing crap which you have no idea about?

IRAQ didn't even have any WMD and it wasn't terrorising any other countries

Iraq was run by a murdering madman who has killed hundreds of thousands of people while violating UN sanctions. The US did what the UN did not have the guts to do and used force to stop Saddam. And as I said earlier weapons banned under the UN sanctions were found in Iraq. Funnily enough more people were starved to death by the corrupt UN oil fod food fiasco than were killed during the liberation of Iraq. But don't let facts get in the way of your rhetoric right?

Older? i'm only 11 days younger than you are, wow what a big difference in age, just because you're a mod doesn't mean your opinion is any more fucking valid than mine is.

Then in the next 11 days I suggest you do some serious thinking because you sound like a 14 year old irational I hate George W Bush because it is cool drone. Also why did you bring up the fact that I'm a mod? I didn't do that, but now you mention yes I am a moderator thankyou.

LaLLe

Dolphin Lover
vampireuk said:
How is Bush a terrorist? Care to explain yourself or are you just going to look like a idiot too?

Bush is the Biggest terrorist of all he kills people in the name of War ...

So think what u want i dont like Bush and i pray to God that Kerry win!!!

OP
vampireuk

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
LaLLe said:
Bush is the Biggest terrorist of all he kills people in the name of War ...

So think what u want i dont like Bush and i pray to God that Kerry win!!!

How has Bush killed anybody? How many people died in 9/11, do you condemn the real terrorists for that action?