What's new

Chanka Compatability List

IceFlow2

Daytona USA 2001: Use Spanish BIOS, Arcade & Championship mode freezes the emulator, Time Attack is very playable, Use Z-Write & AlphaTest Z-Write to see menu options, 6/10.

Click here for more info.

Last edited:

StuMcBill

Hi

I have obtained Spawn and am using chankast 0.2a however, when the game loads I can navigate to the menu but then the input seems to stop working

What I mean is, I cannot select any of the options in the menu so I cannot get ingame!!

System Specs:
AMD Athlon XP2000+
Giga-Byte GA-7VA Mobo
512Mb DDR333
Geforce4 Ti4200
Microsoft Sidewinder (game port)!

Thanks for any help you could give!

StuMcBill

Garderal

Hey... First of all, sorry for my bad english... :p Shenmue, as u may know, have a crash in the third cd. So, I tried Shenmue 2 because I couldn't finish the first game... but, there is the same crash at Shenmue 2, but at the beggining of the game, when Wong gives Ryo's bag back to him, and he goes to Wang Chai...

Ah! I just have seen Shenmue's screenshots here... those last 3 are from the end of the game, no?? Didn't u have the crash I have mentioned before???

Last edited:
OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
StuMcBill said:
Hi

I have obtained Spawn and am using chankast 0.2a however, when the game loads I can navigate to the menu but then the input seems to stop working

What I mean is, I cannot select any of the options in the menu so I cannot get ingame!!

System Specs:
AMD Athlon XP2000+
Giga-Byte GA-7VA Mobo
512Mb DDR333
Geforce4 Ti4200
Microsoft Sidewinder (game port)!

Thanks for any help you could give!

StuMcBill

sounds very similar to my old system before i upgraded it :) anyway as for spawn, make sure that you map the buttons from the d-pad, not the analouge, spawn uses the d-pad

dreamer

skies of arcadia - runs at a stable 25 frames, some graphics glitches in some areas, if you press A to go to menu, and return to game it will crash.
you can't get past about the half hour mark, once you get to control the ship its real glitchy, and one random battle in the sky will cause it to crash to a black screen. (shall have to try again, may have been random crash, but i doubt it!). still, its very impressive and i shall be looking forward to the next chanka update and hope for some more stablility! =]

this version was tried on the chanka 0.2 alpha version.

motor11

dreamer said:
skies of arcadia - runs at a stable 25 frames, some graphics glitches in some areas, if you press A to go to menu, and return to game it will crash.
you can't get past about the half hour mark, once you get to control the ship its real glitchy, and one random battle in the sky will cause it to crash to a black screen. (shall have to try again, may have been random crash, but i doubt it!). still, its very impressive and i shall be looking forward to the next chanka update and hope for some more stablility! =]

this version was tried on the chanka 0.2 alpha version.

hi could you tell me what version of sky of arcadia do you have?

dreamer

motor11 said:
hi could you tell me what version of sky of arcadia do you have?

yeah sure, it's the ntsc version, to be honest i think not many people have this version. almost everyone have the echelon rip, which as you all know doesnt run as of yet. damn intro.

StuMcBill

Stezo2k said:
sounds very similar to my old system before i upgraded it :) anyway as for spawn, make sure that you map the buttons from the d-pad, not the analouge, spawn uses the d-pad

Thanks for the reply, but I tried that!!

It also doesn't accept input from the actual buttons either!!

Cheers!

StuMcBill

Klesk24

Well, managed to beat REZ I think... but endgame seems to put emulator in a continuous loop....

Spoiler:

after boss is destroyed and the polygon lady rebuilt everything flashed white, there was music, but after the music stops, the screen remained white with no key response whatsoever... emulator was still running with fps going up and down... wireframe showed a big X across the screen...

dreamer

update on skies - it runs almost perfect with the old graphics version. i managed to find a way of sailing without random battles too, which crash at the moment, however on entering pirate isle it crashes too, i really need some vms saves for this game to try other areas, anyone know of where i could find any besides gamefaqs?

dreamer

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Update needed on PSO ver 2, seems you have to have Zwrites and Alpha Z Writes on for best performance, seems to sort out what should be in front and what shouldnt be, altho you occasionally get solid blue circles occasionally, its suppose to be lens flare. But still, i think that can be excused for use of the menu :p

dreamer

great pics ProjectX :)

i know this is a compatibility topic and not a screen shot topic, but i cant help but post a few more, i got a little further on skies, it looks sweet! and plays at full speed with other applications open too, even though i only have 256 mb ram.

i think i'll post the pics on the pics section (would seem the logical thing to do) but i'll slap one on here, cutlass fury!!

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Right - I have not read through this thread so I will post my findings and hope they are useful! This testing is done using version 0.2a

18 Wheeler - Doesn't Work (Hangs After Sega Screen)
Bomberman Hero (Echelon) - Doesn't Work - (Hangs on intro)
Confidential Mission - Works
Crazy Taxi - Works (Invisible Cars, A little slow)
Crazy Taxi 2 - Works (Invisible Cars, A little slow)
Daytona USA 2001 - Works (Mount in Daemon Tools 3.29 to avoid IOError)
Dead Or Alive 2 - Works (Runs a little slow)
Ferrari F355 (Echelon) - Doesn't Work (Hangs after SEGA screen)
Fighting Vipers 2 - Works
Headhunter - Works (Crashes when entering door in first level)
Kao The Kangeroo - Works (Sound Messed Up)
Le Mans 24h - Doesn't Work (Black screen and "overrload")
Looney Tunes: Space Race - Works (Crashes before Race)
Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - Works (Enable Capcom Hack)
MSR - Works
MSR Opel Challenge - Works
Ooga Booga (Echelon) - Doesn't Work (Hangs after SEGA screen)
Outtrigger - Doesn't Work (Hangs after SEGA screen)
Powerstone - Works (Enable Capcom Hack)
Resident Evil - CV - Works - Menus Messed Up (Enable Capcom Hack)
Samba De Amigo - Works
Shenmue - Works - (Enable ZWrite and Alpha ZWrite, Use Daemon 3.29 with all emulations enabled)
Sega Rally 2 - Doesn't Work (Hangs after SEGA screen)
Sega Smash Pack - Works (Games Run SLOW, Virtua Cop 2 does not run)
Sonic Adventure - Works
Sonic Adventure 2 - Works - (In game graphics messed up because of NVidia Card)
Sonic Shuffle - Black Screen After Intro
Soul Calibur - Works (Use NTSC Cable)
Space Channel 5 - Works (Music Out of Sync so not playable)
Star Wars : Racer - Works (Crashes after Opening Movie)
Virtua Fighter 3tb - Works
Virtua Tennis - Works - (Players Missing)
Virtua Tennis 2 (Echelon) - Doesn't Work (Hangs on intro)
Wacky Races - Works (Only Displays 1/4 of screen)

Will add more as I test - Hope this helps

Yin

Street Fighter 3: Works perfect, although slow on my computer (Like every other game I've tried... Seems like my computer isn't all that fast). The only graphical error is the colors on the fighter portraits during fights. There is also a sound-hangup at the end of the round. But that's all.