What's new

Chanka Compatability List

lucindrea

gauntlet legends just goes to black screen then crashes with this error ( the microsoft "report" thingi )
AppName: chankast.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: cd_rom.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 00001857

but Soul Caliber works great ( still slow )

snap1.jpg

snap2.jpg

snap3.jpg

yop

Mad Programmer
Walt Disney World Quest - Magical Racing Tour, as you can see in the screenshots he game works great except the "adventure mode", that gives "IO ERRORS". :party:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Confidential mission (enchelon rip): Works with 0.2a, menu errors, clipping in some points, AI problems, some sounds are not produced sometimes. But it's fully playable.

Death crimson OX (PAL): Crashes after the sega logo.

Last edited:

KMFDManic

Godzilla Generations and Godzilla Maximum Impact both work great. Maken X also works. Luckily I figured out how to make it self boot without having to burn it...You need a 90 minute cd to burn it...LOL...No stores in my area even sell those...They only sell 80 minute ones. I was able to get Sega Extreme Sports to load, but it has sound, and no picture...Hopefully the reason the graphics aren't displaying can be figured out soon enough...It is one of my absolute fave dc games. Anyone try to run 4 Wheel Thunder on the latest Chankast version...? I would love it if that game is supported. If anyone cares to see pictures of the games that I got working, just post for me to...And, I will reextract the games and take some snaps...:) Note, if you happen to download an iso that goes to the cd screen but says its self booting...Try using alcoholsoft to convert it to a clone cd image...then remounting the newly converted image...I've found in many cases, this is all it takes to get the games to run...In some other cases, you can make sure you use alcoholsoft instead of daemon...It is a bit weird...But, it almost seems like every single game has its own special protocol to run properly...It is just a matter of determining all of the tricks.

lenselijer

nightmare creatures 2 - crashes emu
quake 3 arena - returns to bios screen after showing the title screen (use old gfx version)
uefa striker - crashes the emu
aerowings 2 - works fine!
aerowings - works fine!
18 wheeler (J) - gives some japanese error message
18 wheeler - works fine! use the outside view, and theres no music
tetris 4d- plays some movies, and then you only see some background
tetris online - works fine!
gigawing - works fine! (use capcom version of chankast)
chicken run - goes ingame now, but crashes when you leave the first room
gunbird 2 - works, but only in a small screen. (use capcom version of chankast)

mezkal

Man on a mission
KMFDManic said:
I was able to get Sega Extreme Sports to load, but it has sound, and no picture...Hopefully the reason the graphics aren't displaying can be figured out soon enough...It is one of my absolute fave dc games.

Yes!! Another fan :) Me too! I always thought it was one of the best sports sims ever made....and the killer Ninja Tune Soundtrack is just a huge bonus :)

Cheers,

Mezkal

MAD_BOY

weird guy
i've been on testing spree lately, so here's my whole list (i probably have some posted before, some may have changed cause i found some bugs)
Ikaruga --> no problems found, except that it's missing the black stuff at the side
StuntGP --> the screen where you buy parts for your car is totally messed up
Silentscope --> sniper not usable
Virtuastriker 2 --> music hangs and grass is missing in the intro movie, no other problems found
Sonic Adventure 2 --> sometimes the screen turns black for a sec, can't see the shadow of king boom boo (knuckles boss)
Crazytaxi 2 --> some traffic is transparent
Dead or Alive 2 -->sometimes the eyes glitch, so you only see a red spot
Capcom vs SNK 2 --> some 2d glitches with the characters
Sega smashpack vol.1--> games run slow and virtua cop2 freezes chanka when you choose it
Tony hawk's pro skater 2 --> major glitches on the normal version, almost no glitches on the old gfx version
Jet grind radio --> big graffiti not avaible, somehow it doesn't get the data to do it
Namco museum --> menu works great, games run too fast, overcloack the cpu to a high number

Yin

I've only tested three games, and they all run fine, except for them all being slightly slow.

Jet Grind Radio - Has some texture errors on characters during two(?) challanges. Beat looks quite scary with Gums textures. o_o
Making your own graffitti dosn't work, it dosn't show up in-game. Otherwise, everything is fine, and it's just a little bit slow. I've played until the final stage.

Project Justice - The big guy has a face on his knee. Also scary. Other than that, it works perfectly, although in slowmotion.

Power Stone - Havn't tested it as much as the other two, but seems to work fine. Slow.

Specs:
Intel Celeron CPU 2.8 Ghz
512Mb RAM
ATI RADEON 9200

Resident Evil (BIOHAZARD) Code Veronica Bug...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The game misses sound randomly...
Movies are too dark, sometimes speed is to laggy & sometimes it's so fast (I mean very fast)...
Graphical problems in item menu & sometimes during the game...

suronosuke

Game: Capcom vs SNK pro, (NTSC/JAP) (Eurasia)
Chankast version: Alpha v0.2a with Capcom Hack, AlphaTest ZWrite and ZWrite enabled.
Bios: American
Play tested: for about 10-20mins
Working: Seems to be working perfectly (except the character portrait while fighting is misplaced), have yet to see any graphical errors. Fps averages of 50-60. Sound seems to be perfect.

Game: Marvel vs Capcom 2 (NTSC/USA)
Chankast version: Alpha v0.2a with Capcom Hack, AlphaTest ZWrite and ZWrite enabled.
Play tested: 5-10mins
Working: Seems to be working perfectly, sound gets muffled a little but that can be easily fixed with pressing start or pausing and un-pausing the game. Fps averages of 45-55. Previously known that this game crashes at the end of or before the 4th match.

Game: Street Fighter 3 3rd strike (NTSC/USA?)
Bios: PAL (Spanish)
Play tested: 5 hours straight
Working: to me this is nearly Dreamcast perfect, slight graphical errors on intro and also after extensive game play. Sound does cut out sometimes but as with previous game a pause and un-pause seems to fix the problem. Fps averages of 55-62

Game: Dead or Alive 2 (NTSC/USA)
Play tested: 15-20mins
Working: work fine to an extent, nice bounce but that what the game is all about. Sounds working fine but cuts out in their little story. The game crashes for me once I complete it but the save is made so tis is kool.Fps averages of 20-27

ALWAYS MAKE SURE TO CHECK WHAT BIOS (region) YOU ARE USING AS SOME CAN MAKE A CRITICAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PLAYABLE AND A NON-PLAYABLE (not booting) GAME

All games tested in ISO mode using daemon tools v.3.46
os windows xp with service pack 1
gfx card nvidia 5600xt 256mb with latest nvidia drivers
cpu 2500+@2371mhz

Last edited:

massiliattak

Shenmue 2 CD1 works perfectly but when I get ingame with CD2 and CD3, Chankast crashes ("Now Loading" screen for the two discs). Does anyone have the same problem??

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Tokyo Extreme Racer 2 - Runs well ingame, sound isnt really choppy at all. Graphics Glitches on the cars. Make sure to use Zwrite to fix some of the graphics errors.