What's new

Chanka Compatability List

jareg

Just A Guy
StuMcBill said:
You can make Chankask use a Ti4200 as a Radeon 9600?!?

Am I missing something here?

Yes 3d-Analize is a program that can do that
You can even make a application think thatr you have a Ati radeon 9800 pro :)

StuMcBill

jaregs said:
Yes 3d-Analize is a program that can do that
You can even make a application think thatr you have a Ati radeon 9800 pro :)

Any idea where to get it?

I have hunted around, but cannot find it!!

Tribane

few bugs for shenmue:
-no backround pictures during ryo's dreams.
-Ryo is transparent the day, but normal the night(!)
-the 2D arcade games makes Chankast crash
-can't hear any music just noise.
-sometime textures are not in the right place...
except that Shenmue is still Shenmue...and that's amazing

iluvatar99

R2RBR2 running?

Did anyone manage to run Ready 2 Rumble Boxing Round 2 on Chankast? I had a try with the Echelon release and after boot there was nothinhg but a black screen (framecounter still working).

CY

mezkal

Man on a mission
Too bad both games suck much ass :p Oratorio Tangram had about as much to do with the arcade version of VirtuaOn 2 as Pacman's Adventures in Time relates to the original Pacman game. not..much... As far as I know Yu also didn't have a hand in the DC version of VF 3 TB. If I'm wrong and he did, would someone please explain exactly what drugs he was on at the time. Must've been E. Coz the next morning he must've looked at the screen and said "I...loved....that?!"

:p

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
Actually it looks like the Z- Buffering is wrong. The HUD is Behind the horizon. Try playing with the Z-Write and AlphaTest Z-Write settings in the Vide section of the Options menu.

Cheers,

Mezkal

CrazyYatta

Lost Golem

Hm. I tried this weird little game. Works, but when u get to the game, everythings hidden under the grass. So, u cant see the Golem or the king, or anything for that matter. I'd say its pretty unplayable at the moment.

CrazyYatta

I tried the Jeffma KOF 3 in 1 pack. This is as far as i got. I'd get a msg after clicking anything, and itd take me to that dreampassport window where it'd try to make a save. I noticed that on a memorycard that had stuff on it, it wouldnt create the save. I tried it on a new memorycard with nothing on it, and it created the file PASSPORT.P00. But even after it was able to create the file, i still kept getting to that screen everytime i clicked a game or "Special Mode". So for now, its unplayable, unless someone figures out something for the dreampassport.

CrazyYatta

Sorry about the double post. I wont do that again, cuz i figure, if im gonna add a couple games at a time, might as well make one post. Also, i'm gonna make the images a bit crappier to not take up so much space =P. Anyways,

Quick notes:
Quiz Oh! My Goddess -> Quiz Ah! My Goddess
Gundamn Battle Online -> Gundam Battle Online

.1 -> .2a
Elemental gimmick gear (e.g.g.) still gets the black screen

Metal Slug 2 NeoGeoCD emu thing, still boots with black screen.

Yu Suzuki Game Works Still Hangs after selecting a game.

Fatal Fury Mark of the Wolves doesn't work, but i think thats because of the Echelon intro :plain: My bet is all games with echelon intros are screwed until someone finds a fix. Because i also tried my copy of Bomberman Online, and it too has the echelon screen, and wont go past it. Someone should make a note of that if it hasn't already been made (sorry, cant go through 33 pages, ain't happenin. I'm only going on the list on page one :p )

New Games:
Bounty Hunter Sarah: Holy Mountain no Teiou (J) works. Even w/o the capcom hack. Minor sound glitches. Playable if u know japanese =P. Its just a fancy read and picture show.

Card Captor Sakura: Tomoyo no Video Taisakusen (J) crashes emu

Dance Dance Revolution: Club Mix doesn't quite work. First off, u need to switch it to NTSC or else u'll get the AV not supported message. Then it boots up squished, and freezes after the first 2 screens or so.

Gundam Side Story: 0079 Premium Disc (J) works, but everytime i get to the memory card screen, it shows that message, and i dont know what its all about. I think u may need a Japanese save of the non-premium disc? I really dont know, but i can't get past it myself. If someone can get it runnin, please spill the beans on how to get it to work, cuz i even get this on my DC!

Well, thats it for tonight, Imma watch some spidey 2 and hit the sack ya'll. I'll sift through my stack of games tommorrow and get some more updates. Night all :party: :yawn:

rcgamer

the old guy
well i have a bit of an odd one here. my source said the game name was take no marine 2, its a japanese game. i have yet to find any info on it. but it works pretty much perfectly(from what i can tell.)

ok , the game is tako no marine 2. its a newer dreamcast game , it came out in 2002. its a pretty cute puzzle game.

you know what i dont understand, most every japanese game is (of course) written in japanese. but when the intro video is over they say in english "press start" or they have the buttons a,b etc.

Last edited:

CrazyYatta

Well, i dont know much about japanese, but im pretty damn sure there aint a character for ever letter in OUR alphabet. I know there is one for a, but that aint the point. Have you taken a look at a japanese controller recently? Ya, its the same as ours! lol. It says start, and a b x and y, So why would the game say anything different? I mean, ya, SOME games say start in japanese, but still, theirs no real reason to, cuz the damn button is labeled on the controller. Besides that, japanese arent complete idiots, im sure most of them understand a couple basic words in english (especially the ones that play games since, like u said, most em say things like "press start"). I mean, hey, i think we all know how to say thank you in japanese. I dunno, im rambling now. Sorry, just had something to think about for a second there =P

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
start using decaf. I wasnt putting them down or anything. and no i havent recently looked at to many japanese controllers, been a little busy living. actually that is even more bewildering that their controllers would be the same as outs. i mean most of the video game companies home facilities are in japan. and even if they didnt know a word of english it wouldnt make them complete idiots.

take your ridlin and go to bed now. lol, just kidding.

CrazyYatta

rcgamer said:
start using decaf. I wasnt putting them down or anything. and no i havent recently looked at to many japanese controllers, been a little busy living. actually that is even more bewildering that their controllers would be the same as outs. i mean most of the video game companies home facilities are in japan. and even if they didnt know a word of english it wouldnt make them complete idiots.

take your ridlin and go to bed now. lol, just kidding.

Gez..That last post wasn't meant to be mean or anything. I never thought I'd spark a flame with a simple thought. And after saying all that, u end in "just kidding"? You know, it woulda hurt less if u just took that little piece out, cuz damn, u sure spat in my face with that one. :plain: What a lovely welcome to the community. And i never said u were putting them down. "been to busy living"? Ugh...Nevermind, i won't even go there, no need for senseless flaming. Im done...

CrazyYatta

Some more crappo

Anyways...ya, now that thats over with, I felt like checkin a couple games out.

.1 -> .2a
Kiss psycho circus still doesnt work.
Musapey's Choko Marker still doesnt work.

New Games
Ducati World Racing Challenge doesn't get passed the SEGA screen.

Kiteretsu Boys Gangagan (J) can only get the buddhist lookin guy. Like seaman, requires mic. Silly game where u shout japanese obscenities at monsters to defeat them, or something of the sort

Treasure Strike (J) Works Great. Need to use NTSC Cable type. Only issue is that some menus aren't visible. I think theyre behind the bg, instead of infront =P. All that set aside, the game works ok.

Whats Shenmue? BETA (J) Works Great. Only issues are in the mini game, where your job is to search for the Prez of SEGA (Now dead i belive). The issue is that Ryu is see through, and has no eyes. kinda creepy :paperbag: , but still playable. The Explaination potion of the game works fine tho.