What's new

Zelda64 Actor Viewer status thread

Mariowario130

I think I asked something similar to this before, but are we gonna be able to replace character models with custom made ones?

Like replace Link with a ripped SM64 Mario?

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
Hey Cool, its Zeth! Look what I did :D

00Surprise2.png

THELEGENDOFZELDA-80.jpg

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
Good god I'm getting sick of dlist swaps... :angry:

Cool, those aren't Dlist swaps, those are the actual Zobjects being loaded >>
I've done a lot of hacking via the Kokiri Zactor :/
Also the Moon is an actual port I did as well, successfully and uploaded also via the kokiri zactor :/

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Uhh.... that's EXACTLY my point. All zobj files are are big sets of dlists. They contain no specific behavior programming; that's for the zobj's corresponding zactor.

To see what I mean, look how big Fado is in your shot as opposed to the scenery. I really, really doubt she's truly scaled that way (using her own actor). Not to mention the moon; if it were using its own actor data, it would be much bigger.

Last edited:

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
Uhh.... that's EXACTLY my point. All zobj files are are big sets of dlists. They contain no specific behavior programming; that's for the zobj's corresponding zactor.

To see what I mean, look how big Fado is in your shot as opposed to the scenery. I really, really doubt she's truly scaled that way (using her own actor). Not to mention the moon; if it were using its own actor data, it would be much bigger.

Okay Honestly I see no reason why your nitpicking at what I posted since your blue fairy and Aria were the same thing >_>
I really doubt Aria had A HUGE Head or the Blue fairy was 100 feet tall. :/

By the way, Fado is the right size I just have the camera in first person view, so your seeing her through Link's eyes, as the beta fado is the same size as the current one >_>
but seriously dude what has seriously gotten into you. You use to never act like that :/

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yes, they were the same, but that was long before everyone started doing it (in fact, who did it before I did? ;)). My point is that with my Blue Fairy and Aria loads I made sure everyone was aware that they were graphics only, inaccurate otherwise.

Last edited:

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
Yes, they were the same, but that was long before everyone started doing it (in fact, who did it before I did? ;)). My point is that with my Blue Fairy and Aria loads I made sure everyone was aware that they were graphics only, inaccurate otherwise.

Very true indeed, I do wish their zactors were around, it would of made things a lot easier :p

Question about the beta UoT, I've noticed in your screenshots you posted that the eye textures are shown correctly, but when I view them with the beta release, The eye textures don't show up :/
Was this feature something that the public beta missed out on?

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, I noticed that as well.. some last minute changes in the rendering code caused it. I'll have it fixed with a new build soon.

BioBomber

World Building Nutjob
cool, there are a couple of other issues. When you modify the co-ordinates of a scene actor, the viewport movement locks up. Also, there are a few other glitches, when injecting to ROM, occasionally the map's RGB values will get screwed up so that certain verticies on the map and actors turn green. Apparently there have been other saving issues, though this is the only one I've personally come across.

Less of an issue is with selecting verticies, sometimes they can only be selected from specific angles when one side of the vertex is stretched thinly. And the render selection menu doesn't quite work, you can turn off the collision in the view, but not the GFX polygons.

EDIT: And why do I never see you on messenger? Seriously dude :p

stalchild

Hey, Ive been playing with UoT_0.83.4 for a while now and Im really wound up about it. Theres a couple of things I haven't been able to do though.

The .zmap files I extract don't seem to have textures included in them. Now, Ive heard something about .zscenes being the files that containt the texture info but I cannot open them in UoT.

Also, vertex editing in UoT_0.83.4 is limited to selecting a vertex from a menu and entering new coordinates for it. I know there is a version in wich you included a nice visual interface to handle verticle selection and displacement.

I was wondering if those features could be part of version 0.84 mentioned here:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-70992.html

OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
cool, there are a couple of other issues. When you modify the co-ordinates of a scene actor, the viewport movement locks up. Also, there are a few other glitches, when injecting to ROM, occasionally the map's RGB values will get screwed up so that certain verticies on the map and actors turn green. Apparently there have been other saving issues, though this is the only one I've personally come across.

Less of an issue is with selecting verticies, sometimes they can only be selected from specific angles when one side of the vertex is stretched thinly. And the render selection menu doesn't quite work, you can turn off the collision in the view, but not the GFX polygons.

EDIT: And why do I never see you on messenger? Seriously dude :p

All the saving issues are fixed here, notably the color issues. The rest are easy to fix, I'll fix those and release a new beta soon.

Edit: Here's a build which should fix all those problems (use this stalchild, you're using a very very old version - vertex and actor selection requires a desktop color depth of 24bpp or higher):

Edit2: updated the link, now has ZRE.exe in the /ext/ folder so extracting the ROM from UoT should work now.

0.90b2 (filedropper, can't access my ftp at the moment)

Oh, and it has more color combiner support, making *mainly* the gi_ objects look much more correct:

nicebosskeyac6.jpg

nicerogoxq9.jpg

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Had some reports of the version above not loading. I've migrated it to the new .NET framework and latest tao libraries (Tao being the OpenGL binding for .NET that I use).

Download each and install:

.NET Framework 3.5
Tao Framework

Don't fear - despite being .NET, the program's very optimized and quick (multithreaded as well). Without vsync, the most complex models run at over 2000 FPS on my system (specs in sig). Also, as an editor, I render everything in immediate mode (no speed enhancing conventions like OGL DLists used for this reason).

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
The new version in your last couple of posts is visually a great improvement. It can get a little unstable on my system, and crash the GPU, which can restore itself and I have to close and re-open the program, but it could just be a vista issue.

My graphics card is the NVidia GeForce 8800GT.

I do have some suggestions though. I suggested before having the option to replace the object blocks, with the actual models, to help with orientation, etc. So you know which way the actor is facing, or rotation and alignment of objects like crates signs, and water planes.

Also, there are a lot of variables, and numbers. Perhaps at some point you could develop a string table to work with a database which people add to, which could replace these numbers and question marks, with some more useful dexcriptions, names and text.

In time it would be good to do the whole importing and exporting thing with models, and textures, loaded from external files, so some kind of interface, or sub windows for viewing those objects would be needed, but perhaps this interface could be used for importing zobjs, collision data, and geometry from other files, viewing them isolated, and then positioning them into the environment.

For this to work, it would be useful to build some basic templates for dungeons rooms, houses, as well as overworld. And if you could have perhaps a guide triangle count, so you can make sure you dont go over or under some tested limits, which counts not just zmap triangles, but the zmaps and all zobjs.

Also, one last thing, some way to differentiate between how zobjs and a zmap differs from the past, and the future...

None of this should be seen as a demand, you are the most dedicated OoT hackers out there, and what you have done is remarkable. I am just thinking far out of the box for the future lol!

willtheoct

when i open it, i get an error report window. any way to use this in .net 2? .net 3.0 or above only supports windows xp or vista... EDIT 2: never mind, i didnt have tao framework installed for some reason.

and i'm pretty new to UoT so please excuse the following questions...

is there some way to unscramble the models to their positions and scales in OOT and export that, or should i use some special emulator?
why are the lists there, seeing as how they only have non-existing files?
what is the misc data for?
and, i haven't found the actor for adult link... seems everyone knows where it is though.. could someone tell me?

EDIT: there's no VRML export feature.... thats really big. you might lose a couple hundred people there, me included. please have model exporting?

Last edited:
OP
C

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Model exporting is coming back (.obj instead of vrml's .wrl), and next time with textures.. just be patient. :)

mdtauk: Past and future are determined by object sets. Select them with the dialog that appears after loading a map + scene.

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Perhaps you should have some kind of banner showing when you are editing the zmap in the past or the future.

I am just thinking of ways to take the tool, and make it a little more user friendly, as oposed to technically orientated!