What's new

Windows XP SP2 Ordered 150 Times :D

-Shadow-

Banned
Haha , that's just uber-funny :D Read and lol ;)

Alexburke at UNF-UNF said:
Microsoft has a form on their website that you can fill out to get a copy of Windows XP SP2 on CD at no charge (with free shipping by Purolator).

I ordered one.

Then, at the Order Confirmation screen, I clicked Back, then Refresh, then Retry (since the form had to be posted again). I did this 149 times.

I got 150 order-confirmation emails.

At this point, I figured the monkey sticking the labels on the envelopes would get really familiar with my name and start asking questions, or that they would get wise and send me a box of 150 of them.

So you can imagine my surprise when I get a call from Purolator saying "we have two huge bags of envelopes here for you, please come pick them up at the depot on Grant Timmins Drive".

Here's the complete link to the story : http://unf-unf.de/show.php?did=673

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
What do you mean ? The quote isn't complete , he says that he recieved the CD's and he got photos as a proof , that's the reason for putting that link on the post ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Indeed. He recieved 150 XP SP2 cds.
Lmao, microsoft may do good software and may be rich, but who said they were clever? ;)

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
Indeed. He recieved 150 XP SP2 cds.
Lmao, microsoft may do good software and may be rich, but who said they were clever? ;)

wow, i'm quite suprised, what a waist of money :)

can't be that dumb though, i still havent got my free mouse for answering a windows mobile quiz, because i'm not a windows mobile supplier, oh well

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
that's hilarious. especially since i'm living IN KINGSTON right now. i could walk over there and pick one up from the kingston computer planet where he dropped them off.

Doomulation

Malcolm said:
What if I wrote sarcasm? ;) :p Microsoft's software sucks... hehe :evil:
It doesn't seem like they've ordered 3000 copies. I mean, it would take forever to order.

Jakob

evil *******
Nighty0: blanking out your email address in the left pane might work better if you remembered to blank it out in the "To:" field of the email view

Doomulation

I tested to order a few and noticed that they were limiting each person to 5 cds. However, they store only the email, so you can choose a non-existant one and continue ordering. Lol. :whistling

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Doomulation said:
It doesn't seem like they've ordered 3000 copies. I mean, it would take forever to order.

Naa , what about writing a script for that ? I mean ordering them over and over :D :evil:

Martin

Administrator
pAsSiVe said:
Nighty0: blanking out your email address in the left pane might work better if you remembered to blank it out in the "To:" field of the email view
LOL :D

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
pAsSiVe said:

:sleeping: :sleeping:
LOOOOOOOOOOLLLL....... this is my public adress...... no prob...
i will not use Thuderbird for this addr more (receiving so much pr0n and microsoft technet spam in this address)

i have more addresses of this type, i will order more.... :evil:

-Shadow- said:
Naa , what about writing a script for that ? I mean ordering them over and over :D :evil:

We can try..... rofl...
Creating a firefox extension that "click" back button 2 times and posting data again...... but the uncle Bill don't like this, do not try this child.... :santa: :ala:

SPAM TIME
Offer: WinXP SP2 Install CD only $0.99
Portuguese / Spanish or English CD
AT YOUR HOUSE

M$ makes me ROFL so much....

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Just ordered a few now. ;)

EDIT...
Microsoft limits the quantity of Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD-ROMs that may be ordered by a single customer to 5 CD-ROMs. Please note that 1 CD can be installed on several computers running Windows XP, and can be shared with others. Accordingly, you may not order more than the 5 CD-ROMs limit.

OP
-Shadow-

-Shadow-

Banned
Microsoft limits the quantity of Windows XP Service Pack 2 CD-ROMs that may be ordered by a single customer to 5 CD-ROMs. Please note that 1 CD can be installed on several computers running Windows XP, and can be shared with others. Accordingly, you may not order more than the 5 CD-ROMs limit.

LMAO , m$ SuX :D

smcd

While I can see the humor in this, ordering that many CDs puts stress on them and may deprive people actually needing/wanting a legitimate CD for update reasons. :huh: