What's new

Winamp 5 RC8

Stezo2k

S-2K
Wow many new updates since the good old beta 2, much nicer, much less cpu and memory usage, at the moment i'm getting 7Mb ram usage and 0% cpu usage, using the modern winamp 5 skin playing a 100MB mix file, very nice :)

has a option to make it less smoother, making it faster, very nice :)

download here:

http://66.54.81.21/winamp50rc8_full.exe

enjoy guys

Eagle

aka Alshain
It sucks I hate it and now the Winamp 2 link is gone. Does anybody have the install file for Winamp 2?

2fast4u

personally im quite happy with winamp5. the final version has some nasty bugs fixed (*cough* freezing *cough*) which had pissed me off. i can savely replace 2.9 now.

linemu

winamp 5?

The only reason I like winamp is because it was a fast, streamlined player, All the new features just seem to make it bloated.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Winamp5 is a great piece of software. CPU usage is pretty much the same as with Winamp2, and the free mode skins are a great addition. I see no reason why people shouldn't upgrade.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
DuDe said:
Winamp5 is a great piece of software. CPU usage is pretty much the same as with Winamp2, and the free mode skins are a great addition. I see no reason why people shouldn't upgrade.

just what i think :)

winamp 5 is great, been using it since alpha one, its gained speed a lot over each build

btw 5.01 is out now

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Heres the ultimate annoyance with winamp 3 for me: when you play an mp3 file, winamp 3 would take a while to initialize, whereas winamp 2 is instant. The only way around this is to have winamp 3 running 24/7, which I do not like to allow any program to do. Does this same thing apply to winamp 5?

2fast4u

winamp5: pretty much instant thankfully. the slowness was the main reason i didnt use wmp3.

btw, winamp runs in always on top mode in the smallest possible viewmode on my comp. i cant be arsed reloading the prog every time.

wmp.jpg

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I'll just stick with winamp 2 then. I don't like to leave it running 24/7. When I want to play an mp3 file, I just do the "double click" and I expect it to play instantly.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
2fast4u said:
winamp5: pretty much instant thankfully. the slowness was the main reason i didnt use wmp3.

btw, winamp runs in always on top mode in the smallest possible viewmode on my comp. i cant be arsed reloading the prog every time.

That's exactly how I run WinAMP. ^^;

smegforbrain

DuDe said:
I see no reason why people shouldn't upgrade.

Because Winamp 2.x is stable, Winamp 3 blows, and I don't even see a need for Winamp 5. :)

Hell, the only reason Winamp3 is on my computer at all right now is that I have a cd ripper plugin for it, but that crashes all the time in WinXP.

2fast4u

Stezo2k said:
it does it instantly with winamp 2 skins

not much sense in using winamp5 then tho ;) in my opinion its basically winamp2 with winamp3 skins minus the slowness of winamp3.