What's new

Urgh 3d8..

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Is it possible to get software implementation on 3D7?
While the Direct3D plugins offers software rendering of sorts (AFAIK), it is very slow. You switch by changing the rendering device from Direct3D HAL to RGB emulation. Note that switch rendering devices doesn't necessarily mean that whatever graphics bugs you might have suddenly disappear.

You also won't get any HWFBE, since those require hardware accelerated graphics and pixel shaders, which are not present in Direct3D7. At least, that's my understanding of it.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
You also won't get any HWFBE, since those require hardware accelerated graphics and pixel shaders, which are not present in Direct3D7. At least, that's my understanding of it.

All you need for HWFBE in a plugin is support for render to texture in the video card. Glide64 uses this for Voodoo cards, and the wrapper uses framebuffer object support. as well as the normal glCopyTexImage2D() routines. Not sure how Jabo is doing his HWFBE though, but I daresay its something on the rounds like using D3D render targets or something. So, it doesnt need shaders. All it needs is the API's render to texture functions.