What's new

Urgh 3d8..

Vboy

EmuCrazy
I really can't understand it!

Jabo's 3D8 1.6 plugin used to work fine! Everything seems alright. HWFBE, smoothness with anti aliasing, all that stuff.... except... The grass is black. Walls are black... Navi is a butterfly... I can't take it. 3D6 is GREAT. But I want to be able to enjoy OOT to the fullest. I don't want treasure chests to blow out black rays of light. 3D7 fixes that but there's no HWFBE. 3D6 displays an average HWFBE. It's better in low res, or if link is close to the screen. Is it possible to perfect the HWFBE in 3D6 1.5.2?

Also, what does 1.5.2 have that 1.5.1 doesn't? I can't remember.

Also, I have the TAS plugin for Mupen. Why doesn't it work?

Last edited:

Clements

HWFBE is not supported by any of the Jabo's plugins except Jabo's D3D8 1.6. What you are seeing in the other plugins is a software implementation similar to Rice Video's.

If you are using the MX 420, you ought to try glN64() and see if that works, or upgrade the card. The 6150 LE should support everything.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Well....

GLn64 3.1, the ground does not appear.
GLn64 4.0, there is bad flickering, and a weird line going through the screen.
GLn64 4.1, many things are great, but the map in pause is messed up, and it flickers very badly.

None of these go good in fullscreen, because the Nemu64 bar appears. PJ64 is too slow anyways.

The requirements are GeForce3, but I have GeForce4.

http://www.freewebs.com/zcheater/snap0003.bmp

2 years ago I made an OOT glitch site. That was a shot taken with 3D8.
Same PC. I remember when I took that shot, that I was wondering why s2xal wasn't working. I'd enable it but it would crash. Now it works, but now 3D8 is CRAP

Last edited:

smcd

First point, GOOD GOD IT'S A BITMAP. 1.2MB sheesh!

Second, what drivers are you using for the GF4MX420? I used to have that card, and found the 4x.xx or 5x.xx (45.xx? 53.xx?) worked best, instead of the most recent drivers.

Clements

The requirements are GeForce3, but I have GeForce4.

Well, a GeForce 4 MX is a lot worse than a GeForce 3. GeForce 3 supports pixel shaders, the GeForce 4 MX does not. A GF4 MX is effectively a re-badged GeForce 2.
So, your card is below requirements for a number of the best plugins.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
But I need a plugin, any plugin that will perfectly emulate OOT at least for my card. Glide is bad, RCP, Jabo's OpenGL is bad, rice is alright but Navi is a butterfly (the only thing I mind)

I've got over 20 plugins in Nemu, and I just need 1.

Clements

What you ask for (perfect emulation of Zelda inc. HWFBE with GF4 MX) does not exist.

When I had a GF4 MX about half a decade ago, I had it working pretty well with Jabo's D3D6 1.5/1.5.1. It did not support HWFBE and the chest opening light was black, but everything else was working. If you are having additional issues, you have installed the wrong drivers for the card.

If you want perfect looking Zelda with HWFBE, then you need a DirectX 8.0 supporting card at the very least, with DX9+ being highly recommended. Simple as that.

Clements

GeForce 4 MX is a DX7-compliant card only.

Having a later version of the DirectX software installed does not increase the complexity of the hardware of your graphics card i.e. installing DX10 does not grant a GF4 MX the ability to use DX10 features.

Thus, when you use a plugin such as Jabo's D3D8 1.6, which can potentially use up to D3D8-level features, any time a D3D8 feature is used by the plugin you will likely experience some form of glitch due to your card having only a DX7 class featureset.

glN64() uses OpenGL (1.3/1.4?) and supports HWFBE, and is probably more likely to work with less glitches than Jabo's D3D8 1.6 with Zelda at least. You may need to sort out your drivers first.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Don't know what that means. I can't remember if Jabo's OpenGL worked on OOT or not. Is there a way to make it work?

Clements

Jabo's OpenGL plugin is just a curiosity/experiment that is not really meant to be used over the D3D plugins.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Jabo's OGL is interesting but it's not really that impressive (wrapping the original plugin to OpenGL using DirectX wrappers gives better results than the native OGL plugin, but won't do anything to improve compatibility.)

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
Jabo's OpenGL works fine for Super Mario 64. That's about it.

How do I use glide? Would that be good?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Yes, that would be good, it's just that your GeForce4 MX would never work properly with it (Glide64 Napalm, that is).

X-Fi6

Your system does not meet the requirements for Glide64 Napalm. Your graphics card is an old Geforce4 MX so even if it does run Glide64 it will be laggy and glitchy as hell.

OP
Vboy

Vboy

EmuCrazy
So, I'm stuck with Jabo's 3D6 and 3D7? With 3D7 the treasure chests beams of light are fine. There's no backround in pause though.