What's new

Universal model and map ripper!

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
Someone! said:
To rip stuff from N64, you need Nemu64's video plugin.
Even if you are using Project64.

I think it's not working with Project64.
I use Mupen64-Rerecording, and that plugin works.

Nelde

i've finally had time to download the trial version of 3dsmax, but somehow i can't open the .3dr files...

any ideas why?

OP
Sercio

Sercio

maybe you didnt have the plugin for 3dmax.... just reinstall 3d ripper dx and install the plugins too!

kenvin100

Banned
how come wen the click on the first link in the first comment..it doesn't work..can u post the link again sercio..thx

Riesz

Anyone know of any other programs to open the 3dr files? I can't download the 3ds Max trial for some stupid reason... keep getting an error. I tried Milkshape 3D but it can't open 3dr files. Help please!

OP
Sercio

Sercio

3dr files are a special format... used by 3d ripper dx which is only supportet by maya or 3dmax!
otherwise 3dr files should be save files from 3d mark 06...

Starspeeder_300

You can rip models from StarFox Assault...

This is for Mithos Kionisu. Yes you can rip models from StarFox Assault. It takes me about 5 to 10 min. to rip the entire scene from Dolphin v1.03. I think it works pretty well wouldn't you say!
Quick render done in 3D Studio Max 8.
Arwing_Render.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Sercio

Sercio

Skillshowday

I was a long time afk, because i changed my (dam) provider...
Anyway, in the time where i was afk i tested some things with 3DSmax! You should know that i was really bored, therefore the results looks a bit weird^^
I used the 3d model from leon and add a bibed (bones) in them. Now i was able to make animations and something. Later i placed leons body into a other "world" which i guess is in the year about 1940. The guys from biohazard did a awesome work with leons model, because he looks really detailed but they have "only" about 10000 polygons.If i could program a simple engine or something like with blitzbasic, i could make almost a pc game from resident evil 4 ( ok only the first level ;-)
BTW i can say that my skills really sux :matrix:

Alliance

they look good, but you need to make the bones not render. Also could you tell me in a PM how to get other models like the final boss and all that, is there a way to manipulate the files so I can get the models?

mariokart64n

To capture the final boss using the ripper method, you need to play up to the final boss, on your cube, then dump the save to the PC. I was planning on doing this, but I only really want to capture one of those guardian that protected that midget guy.

Also @Sercio
When I took the dump of leon for posing in 3dmax, I unequip all his weapons, so then he would stand straight, with is fingers out. It appears you quickly grabbed any posed rip of him and rigged it.

Mithos Kionisu

OK, does this rip everything that is being rendered or only what is on screen?
Example: If a character where only partialy on screen, or behind me, etc, would it still be ripped?

OP
Sercio

Sercio

The "whole map" which you see will be ripped...
Example: leon gets killed by the chainsawdude, his death model doesnt have a head ---> that you would have (and everything around them ). If you are capturing the talk between Hunnigan and Leon, you will only capture (i let you guess) ... Hunnigan and Leon! You have the choice to disable the hud and everything in "2D". BTW, the weaponselect menu is full made with 3d models! Its a awesome work from the guys who made this game. Check it out!

OP
Sercio

Sercio

almost nothing.... its different each game so leave it and adjust manually the z scale with 3ds max...

EvaXephon

This is an amazing program! =D

Would it be possible to rip Samus Aran from SSBM, Metroid Prime, or Metroid Prime 2?

If so, could someone please rip the files, put them in a .zip, and upload it to a website?