What's new

Terrible Problem

Smiff

Emutalk Member
wtf lol. it's funny how none of the authors have ever seen this (AFAIK). like i have 3 PCs (2 XP,1 2000) so between the group we have maybe 10 PCs, and none have ever shown this. Even once. Weird. I keep expecting it to happen but so far it hasn't. Which is good and bad.

"This is just like Herpes.. "

lol...

Sorry i'd love to know what's wrong, but no idea where to start. I will talk to someone who might know later but don't get your hopes up or anything.

It could jsut be that it happens to 1-in-1000 configurations, and we'd need a very large test group or luck to catch it. Or an inspired guess about what it is.

Last edited:

Geoz

De Master
when i got that message:doh: i know another 1 i got fed up of reinstalling so i decided 2 use freeram... i dont know what it did but i never had the problem again... i think the problem occurs when 2 many apps are running in the processes menu.

OP
Dogman5

Dogman5

----------
Dammit! Error message again even when reinstalling!

This is REALLY starting to piss me off :getlost: :cry:

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
If you re-installed windows xp and it did not work, chances are that it is not a problem with your operating system. Where did you download this file from? If you got it off Kazaa or something, it is probably not as reliable as downloading it from the homepage of Project 64 (www.pj64.net).

Do any of your other applications mess up at random like this?

EDIT:

I would like to add that I use Windows XP home and the emulator works fine on my computer.

Clements

Geoz said:
when i got that message:doh: i know another 1 i got fed up of reinstalling so i decided 2 use freeram... i dont know what it did but i never had the problem again... i think the problem occurs when 2 many apps are running in the processes menu.

Great! I downloaded Freeram XP Pro 1.30 from download.com, and I haven't had the problem since, even after several restarts of my computer. I hope it stays that way! Thanks again! :)

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Clements said:
Great! I downloaded Freeram XP Pro 1.30 from download.com, and I haven't had the problem since, even after several restarts of my computer. I hope it stays that way! Thanks again! :)

congratulations! :)

ShinjiIkari

I don't like titles
I just downloaded the most recent patches from windowsupdate, and I can say that PJ64 still works with all of the games I have tried. My guess is that it is either your system, the version of project 64 you are using or maybe some oddball configuration settings. Good luck.

Sorry I couldn't help... :blush:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Clements said:

right, i'm adding this to the FAQ.
if i can remember the login

OP
Dogman5

Dogman5

----------
Oh hey! Look who has decided to work today! :D

Lets see how long it lasts now..

Kinda sucks only being able to play PJ64 on certain random days, but thats what I get for not owning the actual system
:doh:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Is anyone overclocking their processors?

Crash problems like in this topic can occur when people
overclock their processors too much. For people
that want to overclock their processors, a Vcore raise
could get rid of the crash problem.

Geoz

De Master
no i aint overclocked (dont need 2) sorry Clements but i didnt have the prob again... try to use it just before u use pj... dunno maybe that'll work anyway i must be a XP thing... i am not risking the prob again so i am going win xp pro :plain:

Last edited:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Geoz said:
no i aint overclocked (dont need 2) but Clements but i didnt have the prob again... try to use just before u use pj... dunno maybe that'll work anyway i must be a XP thing... i am not risking the prob again so i am going win xp pro :plain:

Windows XP Pro is probably not going to help, but reinstalling
Windows XP can fix the Project64 crashing problem.

Windows XP Pro and Windows XP Home Edition are
mostly the exact same thing.

Geoz

De Master
well i hav 2 comps all the same specs apart from th OS 1 has xp home and 1 has xp pro and only the home edition had the problem.