What's new

Some Zelda Beta stuff.. *wierd*

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I'm a beta Zelda moderator at ZSO, I help alot with findings, expreimenting, code finding etc.. mngoldeneagle and I talk quite a bit about OoT beta, theories, findings, possibilities, etc.. Everything beta left in OoT we've seen (xdaniel, myself, and mngoldeneagle).

pcgamer58

Hello, I just got zelda yesterday for pj64 and when I try to activate the code for the beta world at load up it never works, It just goes to the main Press Start screen. Im supposed to activate it before the nintendo logo, right? Because thats what I'm doing. Incase you need to know waht version I have of oot its version 1.2, Help would be good

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
pcgamer58 said:
Hello, I just got zelda yesterday for pj64 and when I try to activate the code for the beta world at load up it never works, It just goes to the main Press Start screen. Im supposed to activate it before the nintendo logo, right? Because thats what I'm doing. Incase you need to know waht version I have of oot its version 1.2, Help would be good
Yeah, that's probably the problem, because each version needs another beta world code.
Look on the zelda beta site cooliscool said a post before (zeldacodesearcher) and you will find the code for your version...
That's the prob in the emu versions, they don't recognize the version of the rom, only what for a rom it is!

pcgamer58

Well, is it in a whole other thread? I don't see it in here, and I don't want to search every post he ever made to find it :(

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Double click the code and select one of the predefined worlds.. there are others which hold beta, 01 in particular. 05 has beta but is inaccessible normally.. I'm too lazy atm to type all that tho. :p

pcgamer58

I was playing the beta world today and when i went up death mountain I could see the the c button items and my haelth and everything, I took some screen shots since I dont this has ever happened for someone before. I also could go to the start menu, I had everything in the game too, I took some screen shots of that too

Also, If you think these are fake then I will take video of ingame to prove it.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
pcgamer58 said:
I was playing the beta world today and when i went up death mountain I could see the the c button items and my haelth and everything, I took some screen shots since I dont this has ever happened for someone before. I also could go to the start menu, I had everything in the game too, I took some screen shots of that too

Also, If you think these are fake then I will take video of ingame to prove it.

LOL. That happens in the beta quest quite frequently.. not a bit new. Nice try though. :p If that happens you're not in the BQ anymore, you're in the actual game.. all exits become normal. MNgoldeneagle discovered a code to make the interface never popup which keeps you in beta mode.

conker: I've searched through MM beta, not much to be seen really, although there are a few leftover OoT items (which don't work, just the pics on item subscreen) such as blue fire, slingshot, etc..

Last edited:

pcgamer58

oh, lol. I didn't know that, where can I find this code, because I also noticed how the game got normal after that.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
V1.0: 8011B4B9 00FF + 8011B92F 0001
V1.1: 8011B679 00FF + 811DBAEF 0001
V1.2: 8011BB69 00FF + 8011BFDF 0001

Change the last value to 0 for always on. I made it a selectable code in PJ64.. just do it like this:

8011B4B9 00FF
8011B92F 000?

? = 0 for on and 01 for off.

Last edited:

Cönker1

well that kinda sucks, MM was kinda neat cause it was a huge overworld type thing. I have heard of beta roms (not just the gs code) of Oot going around. Also Nintendo Power has the beta catridge, damn I wish I worked there... or robbed them.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Haha.. it's been a dream of mine too to acquire such a rom.. A beta rom of OoT? Probably not. Where did you hear about it?

I would give just about anything for it. :canadian:

Cönker1

I heard about it on here? Weird yes but Nintendo Power said themselves they have the beta cartridge... so a rom must be out there. These are the beta roms (if they exist) that i want:
Zelda
Conker twelve tails
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark

edit: I tried registering at emuforums.com where you posted other stuff and my email was banned? damn bastards i have never been to their site. I'll give them a piece of my ass.

Last edited: