What's new

Some Zelda Beta stuff.. *wierd*

talker

Hi.. i know this har been before.. but not those pic's.. i'm thinking those to are rare.. =p..

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Uh.. rare, no. Those shots don't show any beta material.. I'm very involved in the OoT beta/hacking scene.. look up some of my posts.. I've posted some real beta material. I and a couple others are currently working on unlocking some further DD hooks which we know are in the rom, just do not yet know how to activate them.. Time will tell.

Here's some true beta material.. Ocarina Pedestal/2 tektites/jabu pushed away from dock. This area is extremely glitchy due to unknown reasons. If you attempt to move out of the invisible "safe barrier" the game will crash with no debug message. A partial workaround is to use "specific things lean" which (we think) causes the glitchy area to be leaning and out of Link's way. Quite odd indeed. While this is an old find, it has to be one of the most priceless and intruiging findings.

Shot 3 shows the game while crashed.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
And some more.. a beta Triforce transition effect. Not much to say about it except.. it's beta and unused in the game. ;)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
talker said:
mine look like these.. =S

Duh. You're using the Specific Things Lean code sor your shots.. nothing odd about them.

Btw. Don't try to out-beta me.. it's not possible. :p All you're posting is stuff that isn't really beta and can all be seen in the normal game. Try looking for some UNSEEN stuff..

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
More. Beta Jabu Jabu's Belly and ending cutscene Ranch. Good luck trying to find this one (the ranch) on your own... ;)

Clipboard17.jpg

Clipboard18.jpg

Clipboard19.jpg

Clipboard21.jpg

Clipboard24.jpg

Clipboard06.jpg

Clipboard07.jpg

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
this has probly been posted but, this beta zelda. What is it? Is it a downloadable rom, i won't ask where it is, or do you have to change the rom image of OOT or something. :huh:

Federelli

Beta Tester
It's some unreleased stuff, left inside the rom cartridge for no aparent reason other than making Cooliscool search for it :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Federelli: Heh.. it feels like that sometimes. Curse you big N!! :)

It's a code which interrupts the boot sequence of OoT and starts you off in hyrule field with no navi, icons, and you can't press start. The exit locations are scrambles (not random!) so certain ones take you to beta/unfinished/or areas meant for the DD OoT addon. It takes a bit of patience and quite a few code combinations, but when something new is found it's always worth it. Although I do believe I've mapped just about everything we can find in OoT as far as unused things go, sadly. :(

As for what it really is and what it was meant for, there are many theories.. too many to list in one post, so I'll just name a common one - It's part of the "Zelda Map Select" which is still in the Rom (the text "ZELDA MAP SELECT" is viewable from with a hex editor, as well as alot of DD related messages, such as "make sure the disk is inserted properly" hell, there's even a message about the expansion pack.. "make sure the expansion pak is plugged in correctly"), but we have not figured out a way to activate IT in itself.. the beta quest is thought to be a bypassed map select, taking you straight to hyrul field. Anyway, I've got ALOT more beta just sitting in my head, doing nothing.. but I don't really feel as if anyone cares, so I'll just let it stay there for now. :evil:

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yep, I always use glN64 w/ 4xS FSAA/ 8X ANISO when taking shots. :) Especially OoT beta.. :icecream:

Here's some more.. they speak for themselves (ahem, I'm not in the mood to type alot). =P

edit: that last shot says "forest temple" for those who didn't take spanish for several years. :yucky:

Last edited: