What's new

Smash Bros Melee Model Viewer Status

Sercio

I cant post the model....
and sorry ... i also cant post the extractor because ....
I cant say why or i wil get banned (again) !
This is sad:(

In addition, the extractor is not ready yet!

Last edited:

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
Sorry for not explaining

What i was looking for was not the model or any copyrighted material

I was asking for the vertex data ( only the first few ) so i could search those values in the hex editor to find the offset of the vertex data so i could find the adress that refers to that offset and then use that adress in a maxscript to read the offset adres and then te vertices

I dont expect the model as a "model" only some info to compare with what i see in the hex editor, I wanted it to start my own reaserch of the file format and since i dont know how to decipher bin files (and realy wont be as good as some of you). I suposed that this was a good way to start.

I would apreciate any help or tutorial on how to get the data MYSELF. Not the ilegal transference of copyrighted material.

Thanks for any help in advanced. LinkCanabico

Last edited:

Sercio

For which model?
Every model has his own way to "extract"...
Hex editor will not help much!
You must know how the model will be build!

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
i know that only the vertices dont form the model but i was planing joining those with triangles per hand and make the texture myself since that would convert riiped info in fan art which isnt so persecuted.
and the model i was thinking of was PiLKBk (Link in black tunik) y would then try to extract the models of Zelda, Sheik, Ganon. For an animation of the final battle in OOT only with HiRes models and textures like Twilight princes.

Yes i know i kould model them but my modeling skills are not to good and i simply can't get the head look rigth (the eyes are too european and i can make that anime look dont mater how much i try)
but texturing is somthing I'm realy good and animating is also relatively easy

I know not much to do with emulating but it is the only place were someone has the skils to point me in the right direction.

Sercio

you should know its not easy to form a 4000 poly model with hand:unsure:
Even if you have the original coordinates it must be a work for days!
My idea is to wait for a ripped trialdemo from zelda Tp and extract the files and convert it with thakis beautiful .BMD/BDl viewer!
It should be the same format like windwaker and mario.s. cause they use the same engine (ok a modifiet engine ...)
Be patient !
You (and maybe me^^) can get a ~ 7000-8000 poly high detailed model from Link on Z:TP:drool:
what do you want from a useless trophymodelfile from link ;)

SarahHarp

If you're looking to get the vertices from the PL prefixed files, than you're going to get a mess of verts which most likely won't help you "piece" together the face data. I have an old screen I took awhile back when I looked into the PL (player, not TY), http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/2152/ssbmplmesszk6.png
but as you'll notice, each of the separate part of CLink's body is has an offset of 0 .. meaning everything is snapped to the origin. If you're going to get data from the PL files, you're going to want to take a look at the corresponding scenegraph, which will no doubt establish the normal looking mesh... but this also means double the work.

If you were to go with the Trophie files instead, you'd need to manipulate the model into the basic T-Stance .. depending on your circumstances of course.
I've done the T-Stance of Clink's first trophie as you can see here: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/56/clinktstnceqo4.png ... so it'd be much easier than reading PL files...

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
i know it would be alot of work but I would know that the model looks real my models always look wrong at least from my point of view i dont know what you think
hear are my first public realeased shots (the textures will be made in Body Paint as soon as I have a definitive model.
I realy think they dont look good enugh.

Face 544 polys
Body and Hat 2017 polys

and i still nead to add the hair (Right now its only part of the texture used on the face) and rest of the head.

Is this good enugh for an Animation????

Last edited:

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
Back to the topic

Now back to the topic will sombody post the specs of thos files or even a tool to extract them, I know the VB module is there but i dont undestand how to use it since im used to c++ and even there im at a basic level so some specific data on the format like adresses or chunk definitions would be realy helpful.

Good luck with tose projects, and trie to improve the Articles Section with some technical info for begines (i know it sounds sily to ask for tech info for beginers but it realy would make a diference)

Sercio

looks good!
Maybe im able to rip a link file and send you if you want...
But sorry im hard working and cant not rip the file so far !
If im ready i give send you the file ok?

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
Thank's

That would be realy greate thank's.

on anoter subject wer do i start to RE a file?? i tried google but i dont seam to search for the right terms and i realy would love to help.

How did those of you who konw how to do it start? I dont want just download some tool click extract an have the data i would realy like to go trought the whole process and understand it.

Last edited:

Sercio

What are you mean exactly?
You can extract RE4 (resident evil4..) with GC-Tool ...
But if you want to with the model files...you cant !
You need to build your own viewer!
Sorry i cant tell you how or i get banned :(
I can say only its very Hard!

and please gimme your Email so i can send you the model file!

Last edited:

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
About extracting with GC_tools it's alredy done
the problem relays on using the data and that will have to wait for a while since i first nead to learn alot about "binary files" (yes i will do it but start with a documented format and try to decipher it on my own and use the documentation when i get stuck)

on another subject is Jahrain death? last time he/she posted was July 18th
any updates on your viewer? or a beta?

Sercio you have a PM with my email

Last edited:
S

Sasuke3.0

linkcanabico said:
on another subject is Jahrain death? last time he/she posted was July 18th
any updates on your viewer? or a beta?

Jahrain pretty much gave up on the viewer, it highly unlikely that anyone who is working on it is willing to release a beta.

I'm under the impression that there isn't going to be a SSBM model viewer.

OP
J

jahra!n

Beta

Ok well I won't hesitate to release my source to what i had done so far if anyone wants to pick up on it. I havent commented most of it and its really rough and dirty. Like i said its unfinished. I also included a compile of the source i just released with the attached archive.

Please note that this is very buggy and all this version does is convert the models to .obj to view in an external model viewing/editing app. I haven't added proper support for UV extraction or texture extraction. Also many faces are missing from exports due to that it only reads triangle primitive groups. Most faces are exported but the normals are screwed so it appears many faces are missing untill you join all the verts and unify the normals or convert to double sided in any 3d editing app.

Good luck to anyone who wants to finish or work on it. Sorry that i'm not much of a programmer.

Sercio

Nice work!
I have a nearly in t-stance position mode from Ganon ^^
but Unfortunately not from link ...

Last edited:

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
I will as soon as i finish my curent project it's geting somwere preaty fast now thank's to ***** (you know who you are).

Sercio

wow nice job to get from
attachment.php

this model file...................
attachment.php

Unbelieveble!!
Later you can do this also with zelda shiek and Ganondorf ;)

Later means ~ about 3 days... (sorry)

Last edited: