What's new

Question to any Wii owner.

WhiteX

OK, i´m seeling my PC to get me some Wii loving, so, i´m getting a Wii + Zelda bundle on my local EBay, but, there´s no mem card with it and i remember smth like the Wii using SD cards, so, how do Wii save?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
You have a certain number of blocks internally, standard SD cards (up to 2 gig I think), and GC mem cards. Currently we have no SD cards on ours and we have several saves between Wii Sports, Zelda, and Dragonball Z. Plus numerous saves from GC games. I'm not close to it currently otherwise I'd fire it up and look, but needless to save you won't need an SD card right away.

Also Mii's can be stored in your wiimotes for transport to friends homes.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
The Wii saves its stuff on its internal storage like LazerTag says, I haven't once needed to input a memory card... the system has PLENTY of space so do not worry. It has 512mb of memory internal so you won't run out of save space for a while... Zelda only uses 1 block of it so no biggie. 512mb is a heck of a lot larger than my 8mb memory card for ps2 heh

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Ok, thank you very much, i´m off to sell more crap to get me a VC controller.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
OK, i´m seeling my PC to get me some Wii loving, so, i´m getting a Wii + Zelda bundle on my local EBay, but, there´s no mem card with it and i remember smth like the Wii using SD cards, so, how do Wii save?

If the market where you are is anything like Britain then don't buy from eBay as the prices are inflated due to lack of stock. If you hang on then towards the end of this month Wii's should be magically available as more stock arrives to coincide with the PS3 launch.

ShizZy

Emulator Developer
Wii has 512mb of internal flash memory that you can save on, put VC games on, etc. :)

Errr... sorry, didn't see the other posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
SD cards are very cheap and you can get a 2 GB for $10 or less I reckon, if you know where to look. They are not expensive at all and beats any memory card of the other systems by far.
2 GB is max. Only problem is that the Revolution saves channels in the internal memory, and if you download a lot, it can gobble it up pretty quickly. Channels can't be accessed when stored on a SD card.
It also boggles my mind, but for some reason, my SD card is more then 4x bigger then the internal memory (at least when I compare the amount of free blocks).

Doomulation

Hmm, well, it depends on the loca cost as well. I think by total, I ended up with about 350 USD for my own system. About 14 or so cheaper than locally. Stupid import tax.
How expensive is it compared to if you buy the system locally (out of a store)?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
If someone in the US bought one for X, Is it legal for me to send it?

Or do they add some sort of tax etc.. to the total that makes it not worth it?

Just seems that we have the means to possibly help fellow EMUTalker's in situations like this.

Doomulation

Sure, why not? Importing people do all the time and companies allow for international customers to purchase, as well.
But when you send it, usually it would get stuck with customers, import tax. Usually, however (especially in Europe), this total is still below what you'd pay for a console in a local store. Sometimes things pass right through customs. This is what I've experienced.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Here´s the deal, if i get it on ebay, it is 1000 bucks, on a store, localized, it is 2499, good, right?

I appreciate you guys wanting to help me out but the border police here is so corrupt that my Wii will most certainly end up on some cop´s kid´s hands

Doomulation

1000 vs 2500, now that's a big difference!
Well, good luck getting one. Snatching them from greedy ebay-ers hands may be tough.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

it is supposed to come on overnight shipping fryday, luckily it will be here saturday morning.

Ice God

Resident iliterate

A Wii memory card is five-hundred and ninety-nine US Dollars... It's Playstation 3

Bad jokes aside....

Thw Wii auto-saves.

OP
WhiteX

WhiteX

Well, some issues came up, it is supposed to get here monday or tuesday for the guy got busy and could not go to ship it tomorrow.