What's new

PJ64 ported to xbox...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
I would like to believe that, but the problem is there isn't even an ounce of information available about the GPU, which is what is needed for a proper XDK. Not even xbox linux has any support for accelerated video.

I'm surprised compiling against standard Detonators doesn't work.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Well, if I told everybody that I think something is going to be successful when I realy don't, I can't see how that would be helpful. If you ask me, this contest would have been much better suited in developing a driver for the GPU.

And besides, smart people like to go to peace rallies, talk about the latest math equation, and get pissed off if you say words like shit or damn when arguing with somebody, whereas I am quite the opposite :p

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Looks like my predictions are impeccable. :satisfied

UltraHLE was ported to xbox, and has much better speed, compatibility, and accuracy than the emulator port which resulted from this contest. Although it did happen much sooner than I expected it to.

It's sad though, that contest money could have went for a better cause.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
"[uHLE port] Should be same compatibility as the original UltraHLE"

really? pj64+rice must have been *badly* ported then [to have lower compat/accuracy than uHLE]... but i don't think pj64 was a good choice to port in the 1st place, with Xbox's 64MB RAM. I think judging by user reports pj64 was remarkably well ported, or maybe the users have lower standards, i don't know, i don't have an xbox.

My last comment on this - you'd think the porters wrote all the original source, the way some users (not here) are behaving... they need to remember where everything began. And Azimer != Zilmar, ffs! :)

Last edited:

neoak

Triforce of Something...
EddyB43 said:
Ah, then you should just swap around the second directory reference in each sentence to the other one. Not that it matters, you can't compile it unless you have the Microsoft XDK legally. And unless you work for a games developer for XBox, that's not going to happen :D

Ejem!

Xbox SDK June 2002 v4627 <--- NOT A LINK!

There are like 4 releases of the XDK. The last one is the 5000 and something (which fixes the buffer overflow found in 007 AUF and other games)

It's a 187 MB download, less than the 330 MB DC's Katana SDK.