What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Perfect Dark texture pack WIP [Perfect Dark Forever]

are you sure you dont want to take a break? ive gotten pretty well established with everyone working on mods and a true port wont be ready for a long time
I will have to take a break very very soon. Yet, it will be for so long that I want to make as much progress I can. Ravine won't be completed by me but I'll have a stab at the most visible textures (like 4 or 5)

Xii-Nyth

I will have to take a break very very soon. Yet, it will be for so long that I want to make as much progress I can. Ravine won't be completed by me but I'll have a stab at the most visible textures (like 4 or 5)
Alright great! Heres what I did to manipulate the light on ravine. note its actually .7z so you will need to change the filename (maybe?)
Before you leave forever just hand me the ones you finished and Ill work with them.

Attachments

• Ravine.zip
    203 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

And here is some reused stuff and what I ended up doing with them, their actually CRCs are not related to where I put them, just dragged them into the folder this way. With the greats ended up using the crossbars on felicity and the horizontal bars on villa

Attachments

• Conflict Resolution.zip
    969.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Note: I had some more replies on the previous page before we rolled over

And thanks for getting all these multiplayer maps done so quickly, the frequent updates have brought a lot of attention, graslu says he might make a video on it- hopefully I haven't annoyed him too much with the trolling.

Before I forget just thought of getting the modders to put the glass surface on the lights on the floor on grid. Like it is on the walls in battle shrine and the floor in CI and brooks air base.

Also, the cheese might change depending on the month.

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Oh hey before you disappear can you fill this alternate version in? I already fixed the tiling issue on them as well (on the caution band)

asdaf.pngPerfect Dark#D87C6575#2#1_ciByRGBA.png
hmm looks like the transparency is gone, heres a zipzPerfect Dark#217D2A5E#2#1#5AB4FB68_ciByRGBA.png

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    168.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

I'll try but it seems my room for maneuver is getting much thinner than I first thought...
no worries, its hidden at the back of a51, I just replaced it with the regular one for now, no one will notice

me and other modders are already making joke changes, and ive been hunting down hard to see textures like ones behind light glare and behind turrets or objects you dispose of like keycards or suicases.

in case anything happens to the site or something, my discord is Xii-Nyth#9220, and I hang out on graslu00's server alot

Last edited:
As expected, I could not do much over the last 10 days but here is an updated version. I don't know if Ravine will be completed but this gives a good idea of what it would look like.
Link to the latest version here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/55xv9m3dexkyd2k/Perfect_Dark_Forever_0.6e.7z/file
Added:
- 6 textures for Ravine
- Added the missing thread plate for Area 51, as requested by @Xii-Nyth
- Corrected the sky texture so that it tiles better (see 'Common' folder).
I do not know if and when I would do more (I could not add the two Skedar textures sent by @Xii-Nyth for instance and I think I have a sense of how to efficiently work on Ravine) so that will have to do. I would also like to update my Youtube channel with the progress made so far, one day...
Edit: I inadvertently reposted the previous version. As I will not have access to the file soon, you will have to wait a little more. Sorry.
Cheers

Last edited:
This is probably my last post before a long quiet period.

Ravine is nearly done now (there must remain about 4 textures out of the 19 I found). I also used an AI photo upgrader for a much needed improvement of about 10 of my older textures, on levels such as :
- Carrington Institute
- Datadyne Central
- Datadyne Research
- Carrington Villa
- Airforce One
Long story short, here is the current version, with nearly 1,800 textures now: https://www.mediafire.com/file/2istbej3bpuwjy5/Perfect_Dark_Forever_0.6g.7z/file

Enjoy

Xii-Nyth

wow that was unexpected, thank you very much!

btw I had about half of those already scaled up and was gonna do the paintings soon, also got the blue version of the monitor that was on pelagic 2. I got a folder somewhere with everything left to scale which ill get around to sometime.

also found a good program named freefilesync to compare different versions. I have my files organised a lot differently though in a way that I can remember where things are in game, rather then being able to remember where they are in the folders, so unfortunately it wont work comparing my version to yours, plus alot of my file names are different

Attachments

• Upscales Zip.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thank you. I don't know if I will have the opportunity to look at these textures in detail.
It also makes me remember that I have installed the latest GlideN64 plugin (v4.0), which runs really well and is much closer to a real N64 indeed. Tinkering with it made me realise that many textures need to be converted to GlideN64's tagging system. In case you already made this work, it would be great to share it. If not, no issues.

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Thank you. I don't know if I will have the opportunity to look at these textures in detail.
It also makes me remember that I have installed the latest GlideN64 plugin (v4.0), which runs really well and is much closer to a real N64 indeed. Tinkering with it made me realise that many textures need to be converted to GlideN64's tagging system. In case you already made this work, it would be great to share it. If not, no issues.
yep, about one month ago I finished hunting down everything and everything is in gliden64 format!

Xii-Nyth

Sorry I've been busy lately, I'll go and clean up what I was testing out and then upload it here

Last edited:

Xii-Nyth

Dumps of what needs to be done included and temporary retextures organized in their own folders

Recommended to sort by size and group by dimensions

Simple Reshade preset below:

Attachments

• Reshade.zip
    17.1 KB · Views: 0

Xii-Nyth

found out the rader has a slightly different name with more players, so make sure both of these are in

Attachments

• Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#2#0_all.png
    Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#2#0_all.png
    66.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#2#0_all.png
    Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#2#0_all.png
  • Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#4#1_all.png
    Perfect Dark#B23D9EC0#4#1_all.png