What's new

Perfect Dark: possible map hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: URAMetroid
Date: 09/29/2003
1964 Version (from the 1964 Window's Title Bar): Nineteen64 0.9.9 2003-09-27 PRIVATE

Please specify your system:

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP1
Processor (Examples: Intel Pentium III, AMD K2): Intel Pentium 4
Processor Speed: 1.7GHz
BUS Speed (optional): 400MHz
Amount of Memory: 512MB DDR266
Graphics Accelerator Card: ATI All In Wonder Radeon 7500 64MB
Audio Card: Intergrated AC`97

}}}}} Bug#1 {{{{{

Describe the Problem:

Game: Perfect Dark (U V1.0), (J) & (E)
Plugin's: Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1, Schibo's Audio plugin 1.1, N-Rage's DI v2 1.82a, PJ64's RSP 1.5
Problem: Map hole?

In the Crash Site level of Perfect Dark; there is a map hole problem on this level in 1964.
I only found one so far, while I was walking near the only log in the game, all of a sudden I began to fall to my doom.
But in Project64 I don't fall in this spot.
See attached video clip.

How to Make this Problem Happen:

Start the Crash Site level, turn around and kill the 3 enemies, continue going this way until you get to a clif, then walk along side the wall towards the log, you will start to fall.

How Often Does this Problem Happen? [Rarely; Sometimes; Often; Always]:

Always in that particular spot

Rate the Problem [Not Serious; A Minor Distraction; Annoying; Urgent]:

Urgent

schibo

Emulator Developer
Interesting. If you would, please send me your Perfect Dark save files and indicate where this is. I haven't played PD all the way through.

Also note: please don't change your perfect dark rom properties unless you backup your Perfect Dark save files, because it's the one game that can corrupt save files if you change the switch from 32bit to 64bit. If you are using NRage's input, there also may be separate mempak files from this plugin to backup.

Last edited:
OP
URAMetroid

URAMetroid

...?
Native save for Perfect Dark.
OK, now how to get there?

Load my save file (there's only one), select solo mission, now look for Mission 5 - Crash Site and start the level.
As soon as the level starts, turn around (about 180° (you should see a hover bike)), go straight that way and follow the (only) path down then kill the 3 enemies, now you should see a cliff and a log to cross the gap.
But don't cross the gap, now walk along side the wall towards the log, about two-thirds from the log (along side the wall), you should find a hole and fall to your doom.

If you need a save state, post back and I'll upload one.

And thanks for the ROM properties warning.

Note: this save file is in .rar format.

Status
Not open for further replies.