What's new

oh no, here it comes...

RatTrap

GODLIKE
AlphaWolf said:
But see thats exactly what I'm getting at. The GC underground communities are small in comparison to everything else. Yes, games are........ a lot better than you think, I've been dealing with it for years, and FYI public IRC channels aren't the only underground either. :)

if you know the underground so well.. then you should know your own reasoning is flawed :p..

ask around.. we've had this kinds of convos b4 in a few hidden places.. and the only reason the xbox is being hacked so much is because it's a PC.. you have more use for hacking an Xbox then hacking a cube.. for one.. the isos (the real ones) are a pain in the butt to do anything with unless someone comes out with a type of iso reader this is actually in development but i doubt it'll see the light in less than a year coz they can't figure out where to even start.. second.. the bios is hidden well and thierd.. sure as soon as someone get's it out something can be donne with it.. but also the ppl who can or have actually gotten further than anyone else that i know of.. are nintendo supporters (believe it or not.. they are retro gamers) and MS hatters.. so you could come up with a million examples but believe me.. they don't apply.. this situation is not the same at all..

the hacking that has been donne on the cube is the type of hacking that they only wanted and needed to do.. wich is very simple stuff.. like the country switch.. some groups are going public still.. but not many and there's alot of groups that have gotten pretty far..

the xbox is a comunity bcoz it's so easy.. well.. it's not really THAT easy.. but it is easier than the cube.. look at the ps2.. how hacked has it been while it was the only console out there for a whlie?.. there wasn't THAT much donne with it other than the usual mod-chipping thing.. why?.. coz it don't have as many uses as this lilte PCbox.. like i said when the xbox came out and everyone in here was dissing it.. "it will become the very popular emulation box later on".. ppl had allready started.. how many emulators can the xbox run now?.. uhg.. there's a bunch..

try getting anything that isn't a GC game run on the cube.. you'll find that's hard.. and it has nothing to do with too few ppl trying to do it.. it has to do with it being freaken hard to do :p.. the discs are not readable in a standard cd drive for example.. they have 2 initial lines of encryption and 1 line of something that i don't remember what it was on the outer side of the discs.. ppl don't even know what to use to read these things.. and even though some dev-kits have been "lost".. nobody is talking about it anywhere.. why?.. coz if nintendo found out heads would roll.. the dev-kits have a special licensing that has some weird type of inprinting mechanism.. kind of like the sentinel plug that you used to get years ago when you bought a version of 3dStudio4 (not max).. only better.. anyways.. they are hard to even use if you got one ilegally..

so the reason why the xbox is hacked and the cube isn't has NOTHING to do with how good the machine or the games are.. it's about how much USE you have of hacking the system.. and for some.. how much you dont like the company..

a litle hint.. the ppl that have gotten the furthest are working with the GCQ.. wich is a way more expensive console than just the GC :p..

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
RatTrap said:

so the reason why the xbox is hacked and the cube isn't has NOTHING to do with how good the machine or the games are.. it's about how much USE you have of hacking the system..

Thats exactly what I'm saying except for one thing. Granted that even games aside the console isn't very valuable at all, the GC mods are taking a pretty long time. It wouldn't have taken this long if somebody realy wanted to pirate GC games. Again, look back at the DC, which is almost in the same boat, save for the older protection technology.

NOTE: (before you tell everybody I'm trying to avoid your points, I don't have time to respond to the whole post, but thats my general response :) )

Last edited:

RatTrap

GODLIKE
ok.. so your general answer is that you have no answer.. alright :p.. now i hope you come back with WHY you have no answers.. i bet that's what's up next :p.. and then i'm gonna have to argue with you on why you have no answers.. and later on you won't have any answers to why you don't have any anwers and so on and on.. pffft.. i thought you where gonna be a lawyer :p..

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
/me looks up and giggles

what a dork:happy:

qouted by jvovel:
lol with all the money they are spending and all the time they are wasting trying to crack that they could of:

a: Bought a damn car and house
b: saved all there money and would have gotten rich at one point
c: By alot of games and all 3 next gen(err current gen systems)
d: All of the above

maybe for those developers!;)

Reznor007

Eagle said:
Hmm, is there not an ATAPI-like driver system for DVD-Roms? I have no experience with DVD-Roms so I really dont know.

I am pretty sure there is a ASPI interface for DVD, but not all support all modes and such.