What's new

oh no, here it comes...

Reznor007

The effort some people go to just to play a $50 game for free :rolleyes:

Since the BIOS for the Gamecube is aparently built into the LSI of the system, I don't know how they are going to get it to boot copies.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
yea, but 50 times 10 is a ball buster;) but sometimes the games are worth it, some of 'em;)

yes, from what i've heard the bios is a bitch to crack at, but apparently an italian group is getting pretty damn close, obviously with the pictures...

Reznor007

Well, that's just capturing data as the system reads it off the disc. They haven't even removed the head sink from the CPU/LSI, which makes me think they are just trying to copy the the disc(which will do nothing if the BIOS won't let it read copied CD's).

RatTrap

GODLIKE
yah that's pretty much what they seem to be wanting to do.. so they can actually copy "roms"..

it seems the only thing they can do atm.. is create backups.. problem is when they are to put them into a disc.. see the cd works a litle diferent :p.. so i have much doubt in them being able to later on reading the backuped disk with a GC :p..

well.. unless someone build a GC emulat0r :saint: ..

Eagle

aka Alshain
Correct me if I'm wrong but cant they be emulated through a DVD-Rom?

EDIT: I mean if an emu were written for it that is.

blizz

AlphaWolf said:
honestly, if the games for GC were worth pirating, I think it would have been done sooner.

*cough* fanboy *cough*

*cough* talking out of his ass *cough* *cough*

Smiff

Emutalk Member
AlphaWolf said:
honestly, if the games for GC were worth pirating, I think it would have been done sooner.

[sarcasm]
yeah, i mean Nintendo are just giving the games away!
[/sarcasm]

edit: hi everyone! :)

Last edited:

Reznor007

Eagle said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but cant they be emulated through a DVD-Rom?

EDIT: I mean if an emu were written for it that is.

I think so, but you would have to write a custom interface for each drive or some way for Windows to detect and use their file system.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
fanboy? how? All I'm saying is that what separates the hacked consoles from the non hacked ones is that some people had more motivation to hack one than the other. Theres no such thing as a hackproof console, period. In fact theres big money that goes into those who find out how to hack these, because modchips sell. But if theres lesser interest in a GC, why? Xbox was hacked pretty fast because the damn thing is so useful as a dirt cheap hobby toy. PS2...well, its just PS2, everybody wants that one.

Trust me, I've seen far more complicated hardware than the gamecube be hacked within much shorter perioids of time.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
alpha.. yah.. your so right.. it has nothing to do with the fact that most ppl that like to hack stuff just LOVE to hack MS stuff.. mhmmm.. no.. indeed it has nothing to do with that.. and it has nothing to do with the xbox being a PC.. mhmmm.. no no.. nothing to do with that eather :p.. nope.. that's not why we can buy an xbox or a pc and install linux on it today and use it like any pc out there really.. mhmmm.. that's not why ppl hacked that thing :)..

also.. the cube was hacked now coz ppl just are taking a break from hacking the xbox.. since it's so much fun to hack a pc.. mhmmm.. that's it :p..

oh.. and the "switch" that you could buy days after the cube came out on liksang to play both jap and US games in any country wasn't hacked.. it was just by accident.. some guy accidentally smashed their cube open since back then they didn't even know how the hell to get the thing open right :p.. oh no.. and they accidentally took all of those pics showing the inside and how much damage they had to do to even get the thing open.. yah.. all that was by accident.. then some guy accidentally put all the pics online too.. mhmm.. yah.. accidents can happen i guess..

right.. and the xbox isn't a pc :p.. pffft..

just coz you don't hear much bout how the cube is being hacked don't mean it isn't being hacked.. the xbox is EASY compared to the cube.. wich is why you can see leaked info and a huge comunity of amateous technicians/electricians (killed those words) ranting about all sorts of cool ideas and things they could do with the box.. but they don't atempt the cube coz it's just harder.. if you don't believe me buy a cube and just try to open the thing :p..

also.. if they hack the cube and can't get it to work.. they actually have to buy another cube.. in the case of the box.. they can just buy a bunch of new games and they'll get a box with them :p hehe.. oh and an extra controller to add :p..

Last edited:

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Thats not realy the issue though, the main issue is that nobody has cared to put a lot of effort into it. Don't you recall how some group wasted 7 dreamcasts before they figured out how to mod it properly? I've seen smart card systems that make the gamecube look like a ballot box locked with a peice of gum get hacked within a matter of days. Some of the ones I am naming, if you ruin the card (not even physicaly, just tampering can cause it to erase all of the information on it.), it can be difficult as hell to get ahold of another card, assuming you could even just go out and buy one, which is easier said than done.

Why mod a gamecube, when all of the multi-platform games out there are better on xbox, and most of the good exclusive titles are on the PS2, when both of which are modded already?

Last edited:

RatTrap

GODLIKE
that trully is your point of view.. i mean on the games and all that.. i'm not gonna argue more with you on that coz you really seem to believe in what your saying.. i and so many others disagree with what your saying.. since the PS2 has no true exclusive title lined up that is a must buy.. and if you think of games being released for both ps2 and gc.. the better version is and has up untill now been the GC one.. and you can check reviews if you don't believe that..

like i said b4.. just coz you don't hear about it.. don't mean it's not being donne.. just as much as you haven't heard of ppl making GC emu's.. it don't mean they aren't being donne eather.. i'm not leaking info here or anything but i'm saying that there's way more than you know happening.. ET and Efnet channels are pretty much on the surface of what is today the hidden internet.. google and other search engines only have around 30% of the whole internet indexed.. i'm not gonna ask you to believe me or anything.. because what you don't know.. many gain from.. the less ppl know about things like these.. and the fewer ppl know about leaked Dev-Kits etc the safer it will be for the few ppl who know about them to use them..

the xbox-hacking comunity like i've said b4 is very diferent.. there are SO many.. there's so many forums and ppl involved.. that it's hard to keep that stuff a secret.. why it is like that is because the xbox can be opend by anyone who has opend up a pc b4 and even they can get in on the action and actually understand half of what their doing..

if you where to put a guy who knows pc's in front of the GC he would look at it like he would look at a vcr.. trying to figure out what this or that is but he would be way more carefull and would most probably be scared coz he could not know what the hell it is he was looking at or touching..

you really are in the minority alpha.. and not only on ET..

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
But see thats exactly what I'm getting at. The GC underground communities are small in comparison to everything else. Yes, games are all oppinion, but, lets assume that games were not even an issue, if there was as much interest in that direction, it would have happened much sooner, but quite honestly theres little interest. You then have to ask yourself, what interests anybody in a specific console over the other?

How hard it is to hack doesn't play much of a role realy, it affects it some, but not much. Lets name what I know a lot about for example, dishnet is way easier to hack than DSS, but still a lot more people hack DSS than dishnet. The reason is that dishnet service isn't quite as good as DSS. Close, but not quite. If you can get both for free, why the hell get the worse one? Sure its easier to hack, but we've got an even better one that we can hack instead, we'll just tough out the higher difficulty involved, so now these satelite hacking communities crowd around DSS because they like it more. I think its reasonably safe to say that the same thing applies to console modding.

Trust me, I know the underground a lot better than you think, I've been dealing with it for years, and FYI public IRC channels aren't the only underground either. :)

Eagle

aka Alshain
Reznor007 said:
I think so, but you would have to write a custom interface for each drive or some way for Windows to detect and use their file system.

Hmm, is there not an ATAPI-like driver system for DVD-Roms? I have no experience with DVD-Roms so I really dont know.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
holy shIT you guys talk to much! haha j/k, hey i got 'it' alphawolf, finally;) pm me if you wanna here about it, well, not much to hear, it worked fine though;)

we'll see what happens in January;):flowers:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
lol with all the money they are spending and all the time they are wasting trying to crack that they could of:

a: Bought a damn car and house
b: saved all there money and would have gotten rich at one point
c: By alot of games and all 3 next gen(err current gen systems)
d: All of the above

<_<