What's new

Nintendo DS emulation?

WhiteX

I dunno, emulation serves the purpose of nostalgia, i can´t be nostalgic about something that is not even released properly, leave the DS alone...for now!

scotty

The Great One
I hope emulating the DS goes well, but as a few people stated, I think that you should wait until it gets out onto the market, I was never a fan of emulating a console/handhelds when they were out on the market at the time. I only have up to N64 for emulation.

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
posty_2k3 said:
Sonic DS = Confirmed fake
Super Mario DS = Fake
Metroid DS = Only true ROM atm.

Ummmm :whistling and this ¿?

dsdasdibujo4oy.jpg

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Gelon.com said:
Ummmm :whistling and this ¿?

dsdasdibujo4oy.jpg

... They're both fake. If you'd look at the filesize, they're too small to be real. Mario isn't 9kb and Metroid isn't 16kb. D:

JinXD

Even if they were game dumps what's the point on downloading them!? So you can boast 'bout having them?

Sad really......

remmy

reenignE
So far, the only known -real- dump is the Metroid Demo. Not only dumped, but hacked as well. As far as an emulator for the system goes, I wouldn't be surprised if something came into the public eye within a months time. Thanks to the reversing talents of a certain individual, we know have complete a complete memory map of the system, we know how the roms work in conjunction with the system, and as of 5 minutes ago, we know that the DS doesn't just look for header information when loading Gameboy Advance games. And we have the code to bypass it. :p Also we have a pretty good understanding of the encryption (It's based on the system time). I'm not saying that we will have perfect or even good emulation anytime soon, but I am willing to bet that will will see the ARM9 BIOS running before long. :p

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
Vile324 said:
... They're both fake. If you'd look at the filesize, they're too small to be real. Mario isn't 9kb and Metroid isn't 16kb. D:

Mario 64 of N64 have only 6 megs compresed, and Turok (a simple fps with better textures than metroid DS) have 16 megs compresed ... so i dont see the small filesize :plain:

JinXD I dont want a DS emulator and i will not play with this both games in future ... this inst sad, i only say that there are 3 releases

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
Vile324 said:

JaJaJaJa i dont understand you before X-D

Both games dont have 9 kbs and 16 kbs, they have 9.000 kbs (9megs) and 16.000 kbs (16megs)

XD

Dysprosium

Graphics Designer
Gelon.com said:
Mario 64 of N64 have only 6 megs compresed, and Turok (a simple fps with better textures than metroid DS) have 16 megs compresed ... so i dont see the small filesize :plain:

JinXD I dont want a DS emulator and i will not play with this both games in future ... this inst sad, i only say that there are 3 releases

MB? The files you have are in KB. D: Metroid wouldn't be 16kb compressed.

Edit: I didn't notice that. My PC says it in MB, not in KG. ...I thought it meant 16kb and a part of another. D:

Eh, sorry. :\

Last edited:

Guru64

Sonic DS: Fake, the author said so (he put words like 'HOAX' in the ROM as a hint).
Pictochat: Fake, was made by the same guy who did Sonic DS.
Metroid Prime First Hunt: Real, but there could be some fakes floating around. This one was dumped by DarkFader.
Super Mario 64 DS: Fake.

To check if you have a real ROM, open it with a program like NDS Packer Tool (http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AJ5X3J6TSERG1YZUR0LA84N3W).