What's new

New Banjo-Kazooie game at last!

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Along with others check it out here .

Needless to say i'm over the moon, theres even a trailer for it as well :D - Its about damn time we got Banjo-Threeie like Rare promised us crazy Banjo-Kazooie fans at the end of Banjo-Tooie.

edit: Just looking at that trailer tells me Rare has got its sense of humor back, its been badly missed.

Last edited:

Poobah

Banjo-Kazooie is one of my favourite series, but if buying an Xbox 360 wasn't enough of a problem, the fact that it really could end up being a complete failure like Conker: Live and Reloaded deters me from bothering. Banjo and Kazooie look really weird now, aswell, just like the new squirrels in C:L&R.

Last edited:
OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I already own an Xbox 360, quite frankly i'd rather give this game the benefit of the doubt because that trailer is hilarious - of course they look weird! The xbox360 and the n64 are miles apart technology wise, if you ask me the n64 ones don't look that great either :p - I personally enjoyed Conker live and reloaded but it wasn't really necessary considering it was only a remake, got it cheap though.

Banjo-Kazooie was rarewares best platformer game, anyway... not Conker. Btw stop complaining about not being able to afford the xbox360 - that console is friggin cheap compared to the ps3, it is even cheaper if you buy pre-owned. If you don't want the console don't buy it because MS own rareware BK will never come to Wii or PS3. Think to yourself if BK is the only game you want on it is it worth it? I love my xbox 360 and I totally enjoy Perfect Dark Zero so rareware are still good in my eyes, Kameos not half bad either.

Last edited:

Poobah

I already own an Xbox 360, quite frankly i'd rather give this game the benefit of the doubt because that trailer is hilarious - of course they look weird!
I'd also give it a go if I had an Xbox 360. I didn't like the way Banjo had a very 'rectangular' snout and Kazooie looked like she was wearing make-up; I liked the look of the duo in the Rareware promotion video released much earlier.

ScottJC said:
Banjo-Kazooie was rarewares best platformer game, anyway... not Conker.
I agree, and I never said nor implied that CBFD was.

ScottJC said:
Btw stop complaining about not being able to afford the xbox360 - that console is friggin cheap compared to the ps3, it is even cheaper if you buy pre-owned. If you don't want the console don't buy it because MS own rareware BK will never come to Wii or PS3.
I don't care how much more expensive you think the PS3 is, but I still will not buy an Xbox 360 just for one game, unless the new Banjo game turns out to be as good as or better than either of the first two. And just because the new Xbox is relatively cheap compared to the PS3 doesn't mean that everyone can afford one.

ScottJC said:
Think to yourself if BK is the only game you want on it is it worth it?
Not unless the new BK is ground-breaking.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hrm, easy to see how quickly someone can turn hostile. Alright then if you want to be that way about it i'll be hostile in return - That comment was not directed at you, but I am posting about the game not the friggin console. What the hell has the bloody console cost got to do with it? Xbox 360 owners can apreciate this news. If you don't own an xbox360 then you can't play it, its as SIMPLE AS THAT.

This is the same when someone posts about news on a game for a PS2, If i came in and started complaining about the cost of the PS2 its the same damn thing. So you honestly don't care what I think of the expense of the PS3, its not what I think its FACT. But here's my responce, I honestly don't care if you own a xbox 360 or ever play the game I mentioned. I'm not trying to lure people to buy the xbox 360 anyway - buy whatever the hell you like.

Fair enough? Now go over to "The games of september", martins posted a bunch of xbox360 games he's recently purchased, you can't play them either so go over there and tell him how you can't afford the console.

Last edited:

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Nah, ScottJC, let him alone, if he doesn't want to buy a XBOX360 or a PS3 it's his business and opinion, try to not be so so harsh with people (specially with annoying people)

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
To be honest i'm amazed Microsoft are letting them make another Banjo-Kazooie game as it is. Also for the very reason Jaz pointed out and more was the whole reason I got pissed off earlier because of the pointless complaining, given the fact I post less than two threads a year average.

Banjo-Kazooie is confirmed on rarewares homepage as well so i'm fairly happy about it, I cannot wait for this game, judging by the trailer it looks like rareware are finally going back to their roots, that trailer was seriously funny and it shown all the basic elements that made me love BK in the first place... Jigsaw pieces, notes and others all in high-res.

Can't wait.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The Xbox 360 is still quite expensive, you know? Is it worth the price for one game? Don't know. There are probably other good ones as well, but at the moment, the Xbox 360 is a tad expensive. Hopefully, Microsoft will cut the price later this year or the next.
Btw, Banjo-Tooie on the N64 looked fabulous. Especially for the N64. After that trailer, I'm scared that they'll have messed up the game and make it look stupid :p

Toasty

Sony battery
I'm not at all shocked that it's on the 360; I just like the series so much that I'll have to get the 360 for it (and it alone) now. And like Doomulation said, this means money. :( I'm not trying to complain or anything - I'm happy they're making a new one, but it does mean I'll be spending quite a bit of cash. Again, this isn't meant as a complaint; it's just an unfortunate fact. Hopefully the 360 will have a lower pricetag by the time the game gets released. :p

gokuss4

Meh...
in my opinion XBox 360 is only gonna be good for Halo 3, and perhaps Call of Duty 3. I plan on getting it when Halo 3 comes out, other than that, I'm just mostly looking forward mostly to the Wii. I wasn't that much of a fan of the BK series anyways. I liked Diddy Kong Racing, but that's about it :p. I'm not saying that game is part of the BK series, it just featured Banjo.

Rare should've made the characters more cuter and cel-shaded, not more realistic. Now Banjo looks like a real bear, and kids don't like real bears....

BlueFalcon7

I heard about it a few months ago, but I only heard that there was going to be a banjo kazooie on the 360, no videos or anything. Im glad to see another banjo kazooie game, even if its for the 360.

Oh, and sorry about making the thread in the ToTT, I was tired, and my account was screwed up, so I couldnt see what threads were new or not.

Doomulation

I think this is one game that does not benefit from better graphics :p Banjo-tooie looked really nice - and was - a really nice platform game. Pretty much everything you could ask for.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
You're basing this on a two minute trailer? How the hell do you know if it benefits from better graphics, they may change them and we haven't seen in-game footage yet (the trailer is pre-rendered!)

Doomulation

Please note the "think" part. I THINK it is a game that does not benefit from better graphics. Of course we will see what the final result is, but until then I will THINK that it looked better before.
That is, I base my view from the current information available. There is no point in arguing. I dom't have the Xbox 360 and I don't have money for it and I still think it's too expensive.
Do I refrain from a game because of its graphics? No. But I can still THINK that it looked better on the N64.