What's new

N64 Glide Plugin Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
I am currently in the middle of a very big task, rewriting the texture loading code to more closely emulate the n64's texture memory. This should 1) fix some of the texture errors i was having before and 2) load textures faster since now I am putting the loading loop in assembly and always reading 32-bit values instead of 4/8/16/32 bit ones.

so yes, I am still alive :cool:
Being alive is good no? :)

Well you have immortalized the 3dfx systems even though they are probably disappearing a lot faster these days :)

Cyb

l@g

Hey!, what happens to Glide64?, Why no more screenshots of the DEV version (errors, improvemments, fixes, etc.).
Whe want to know how this amazing and great plugin is "growing" .
O.K.... if no new roms supported pics, maybe fixes... something!!!

Sorry for the double post, but this time without news is... almost strange....

Cyberman

l@g said:
Hey!, what happens to Glide64?, Why no more screenshots of the DEV version (errors, improvemments, fixes, etc.).
Whe want to know how this amazing and great plugin is "growing" .
O.K.... if no new roms supported pics, maybe fixes... something!!!

Sorry for the double post, but this time without news is... almost strange....

Umm... Not to be persnickety, but why not help with the coding or something? then you will be involved and KNOW what the progress is? :) If not be thankful he's done anything, and it's not been long actually, an example is Lewpies Glide plugin for PSXemuPro, it hasn't been updated (distributed form) for 9 months, yet the author every 2 months or so gives a terse update.

Remember programing a graphics plugin is not like buying two personal communicators and going on a weekend outing and a chat. It's a lot of painstaking work that requires a lot of reading a lot of asking questions and a lot of just trying things. I've done it, my plugin SUCKED, but it worked ;) heck I had textures working and partially working color blending in a PSXemuPro plugin (also the drawing primitives they weren't right but dang they worked I was amazed ;) ). Until I started to use more MMX instructions and got pissed at D3D's bad documentation ... need I say more, I decided continuing it was a waste of time. So.. long story short, don't pester people for updates, they might be doing something, like taking tests, going out on a date, living a life even. I'm sure Dave will let people know when there is something to know. :)

Cyb

l@g

Uhmmm.... O.K., I understand, but why not a "progress report" like between 0.04 and 0.1 versions?

mesman00

What's that...?
did u not just read cyberman's post, jeez, let it be, when he feels its necesarry, he'll post a progress report.

btw, u don't need to post the same thing in this forum and the screenshot forum, double posts are frowned upon, and you know better. almost everyone here visits all the forums, so you only need to post once.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wateva, dave has been kind enuff to show almost every bit of progress, i think its time we let him and the rest of the people working with him do wat they want. he's already said hes working on stuff, just be happy at that.

Eddy

I Run This
damn dave's plugin has come a long way, shit, that plugin is off the hook. Next release will probably be in par with Jabo's, btw how many people are working on glide64?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Eddy said:
damn dave's plugin has come a long way, shit, that plugin is off the hook. Next release will probably be in par with Jabo's, btw how many people are working on glide64?
3 I think. Or maybe more, I'm not sure.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
I have a little Question, i always thought my voodoo 5 5500 has 4 TMU's but after consulting with dave and looking up the internet i came to the conclusion that i have absolutely no idea what's going on here? so Cyberman, Reznor007 or anybody with some knowledge in the field, can you help please?

and on a different note, here is the pic you asked for dave:

Last edited:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
Also, a little status update

It's been a little quiet lately, but dave is still alive and kicking, the new Texture code is coming up nicely, and from my tests about 80% of the games that were unsupported in 0.1 are now playable including: the army men games, bomberman64, the BAM games, Destruction Derby 64(although a workaround already exists for 0.1), Command & Conquer (with the sidebar), DK64 and a lot more, TWINE looks really nice btw :)

don't get overexcited though, there is still a long way before completion, and a new public version.

Eddy

I Run This
ogy, guga, or dave, have you guys ever thought that if you guys perfect glide64, you guys might try another api? and port the current code to another api? Not port, but use more or less the same code.

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
yes, dave said other ports are on his todo list, he mentioned OpenGL will go 1st and maybe d3d if he has time, but it was way back... i have no idea if he still wants to do it though

Eikef7

Just a question. Is there a depth issue in the plugin involving the weapons, just as in Jabo's, or is it working well?

Status
Not open for further replies.