What's new

mupen64 0.0.90 released

ShadowPrince

EeeK said:
A bug huh for the initialize thingy? Maybe it could be fix in the next version.

Suggestions:
- should not allow multiple instances
- able to save the width setting of the each column
- show pop-up when mouseover buttons

Additional suggestions:
- save width and height setting of the emulator window screen
- alt-enter instead of f1 for the fullscreen shortcut key
- should msvcr70.dll be in window system's folder or mupen's folder, if mupen's then should include in the next release.
- mempaks folder should be created together with the save and plugin folders (in lowercase :)) before zip.

Last but not least, keep up the good work of this promising emulator!!!

Added
- able to save the width setting of the each column
- show pop-up when mouseover buttons
- save width and height setting of the emulator window screen
- alt-enter instead of f1 for the fullscreen shortcut key

Thanks for suggestions,keep em coming :)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I'm having problems getting Mupen64 .90a and the TR64GL plugin (from this thread) to work.

I am running MDK 9.0RC3 with the latest Nvidia kernel and GLX. All of the GL games I have tried seem to wrok fine (ie. HL/CS under WineX and UT2k3, and others), but in Mupen64 I just get a black window when loading a game.

If I turn on the intrepetor I do see the game but it's just green lines no filled polys.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong here?

More information can be supplied if needed
see hardware specs below.

Also is there supposed to be no sound/sound options?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
LazerTag said:
I'm having problems getting Mupen64 .90a and the TR64GL plugin (from this thread) to work.

I am running MDK 9.0RC3 with the latest Nvidia kernel and GLX. All of the GL games I have tried seem to wrok fine (ie. HL/CS under WineX and UT2k3, and others), but in Mupen64 I just get a black window when loading a game.

If I turn on the intrepetor I do see the game but it's just green lines no filled polys.

There is no sound support atm
Btw, another suggestion would be to disable "interpreter" and "dynamic recompiler" since they don't work

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
LazerTag said:

Sound is not implemented yet

Did u try pure interpreter WITH the tr64 plugin ?
Coz reading your post it seems that when u tried pure interpreter it was with the very basic mupen64 gfx plugin... I know that the gui is not really great but it will change in the future.

Btw when u use this combination with a compatible game you should see the ucode selection box if not try to put the focus on the gui window (sometimes it happens and i don't know how to fix it yet).

pimeys

I downloaded the newest version (0.0.90) for linux, but I couldn't get it to work. My system is 1 GHz TB with 512M RAM and Ati Radeon 64 video card. Everything else gl releated works just fine, but running Mario64 with mupen64 is just very slow.

I used the tr64gl plugin from mupen64 package and pure interpreter. The game works, but it seems that the driver tried to use hardware acceleration instead of my Radeon.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
what do u mean by slow ?
could u post some shots of mario64 with fps ?

It can be caused by the pure interpreter core, which will be fixed in the future (i think it's better to show the progress i have made even if it's not fast yet).
The second possibility is because you don't have hardware acceleration, i am using sdl so if it work correctly with other sdl app, it should work with mupen64... I don't know how a Radeon should be configured since i don't have one myself.

pimeys

Hmm, it seems like my libsdl can't handle hardware acceleration. That's strange because regular gl applications like Quake 3 work just fine.

My distribution is Debian GNU/Linux testing (upgraded yesterday).

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Maybe you can find some infos on how to configure it on sdl site or somewhere else...
I can't help you to configure it but if u can find how to get it working, please let me know how you have done it :)

pimeys

Hey, my dri was broken, so installing dri-enabled x-server fixed the problem.

Here is the result:
mario.jpg

First time playing Mario 64 in Linux, thanks!