What's new

mozilla firefox 0.8

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm reading all about these extensions, the download sort is cool and I like the middle click to open tab. So any other suggestions?

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Eagle said:
I'm reading all about these extensions, the download sort is cool and I like the middle click to open tab. So any other suggestions?

Where is the settings now to enable smooth scrolling? You don't need an extension for that, do you? You didn't used to!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
2fast4u said:
im not talking about the bookmarks mind you. those were imported flawless. however the extensions i installed (advanced tabbed browsing, smooth scrolling, etc) were gone.

every extension has an option to install to your profile instead of the browser's directory. As long as you install to your profile, your extensions will be available, and will not require reconfiguring.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
khanmeister said:
Probably be a bigger d/l and 56kers would whine.

No, actually its smaller. The problem is CPU optimized builds are just that, optimized for specific CPUs, whereas the official builds are better tuned to run on anything x86-32.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Not necessary smaller, it depends on the type of optimization used. If you use -O1 you'll get smaller size, -O2 will result in more speed. Actually if i'm not mistaken, official builds use -O1.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
true, but the specific optimized build I downloaded was 1 meg less, it may be because they used rar compression instead of conventional means.

khanmeister

Banned
AlphaWolf said:
true, but the specific optimized build I downloaded was 1 meg less, it may be because they used rar compression instead of conventional means.

I meant to provide an installer that offered to automatically install the optomized build, it would be a larger d/l, unless it "auto downloaded" the necessary components from the web, or a torrent or something, actually, that'd be an interesting feature to add to firefox. Imagine a browser that updated itself from all the other versions of itself out there every time there was an update. Good luck coding that, I guess.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Considering the quantity of builds out there that would be too complicated to achieve. If you have an optimized build it should update to the non-optimized new version or to another optimized?

To Alpha: ahh, sorry i undertood you wrong. Btw, the build you have has the new firefox artwork? I remember the first 0.8 unofficials had the firebird artwork in them, and that probably the new one would be never be in the cvs. But i don't know in what all that ended...

bennykurns

Shitman
I've noticed that with firefox 0.8 that when I am on newgrounds.com and i watch a flash video, the window that pops up is always the same size. This is quite annoying since sometimes you can only see have of the flash, or missing parts. Does anyone else have this problem? :yucky:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
benny, edit your user.js file so that you can always resize any firefox window. See the documentations on the site for details. Good luck.