What's new

Is Martin still around?

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

Isn't Martin the owner of the site? It would be kind of difficult for someone to take his place.. :p

Still some kind of reassurance "The Man" himself is still alive and kicking would be nice.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Miretank said:
OMG it's ScottJC!

It is??! Seriously i'm suprised people are so happy about me posting stuff... I mean if you're that happy i'm posting you must be reaaally desperate XDD

I kid I kid, nice to feel welcomed :D

NES_player4LIFE said:
the question is, how can mods promote themselves?
i mean sure gent is still kicking around somewhere, however he only pops in once every few months
and does he have the power?

I know, i'm mostly kidding about the whole Mutiny thing, Just haven't got much else to talk about.

and... OMG ITS NES_player4LIFE!

Xtreme2damax said:
Isn't Martin the owner of the site? It would be kind of difficult for someone to talk his place..

Still some kind of reassurance "The Man" himself is still alive and kicking would be nice.

Yup, I know, gotta have some kind of hope that someone can take over this place Mutiny style though, right? ;)

Agreed on the reassurance thing, inaction is worrysome.

OP
X

Xtreme2damax

I think it's quite obvious, Martin left us and went to Hawaii. He's tanning on the beach, surrounded by nice looking Hawaiian chicks who adore him while his contact back at home handles the hosting bills and upkeep of the site. :(

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Quiet times he says :) I visit about once a month and can catch up on all the topics in about 5 minutes. :)

Cyberman

Well it is indeed a long arduous journey from 2000(1999?) to 2009. It's quiet because twitter and other social (COMERCIAL) sites are available and people can "do whatever they want", also peoples tastes and emphatuations change (the N64 is not the latest and greatest to emulate?)

More importantly most of the members have jobs and families (IE they are responsible citizens) and actually work for a living instead of attend school and party tell late at night thinking about emulation women (or men) and games. Now we crowd our minds with "when does that object get instantiated on this system, I probably need to be certain all object instantiation is done in a proper order because it's not part of the C++ standard", or "dang that Sitara ARM cortex A8 AM3517 processor is cool it's got Power VR GPU built in DSP for video and full SIMD instruction set with ethernet and SD card support ... new game console system here we come!"

Seriously a lot of the crew got jobs instead of goof around after college. Weird isn't that? I've switched jobs 4 times in 10 years. So .. it's no surprise. Also I don't talk much about projects because well not many people have ARM A-8 DEV systems or care about them (LOL). Admittedly they are now only $150 so I am surprised I haven't seen you messing with some of that stuff Azimer (Beagboard). You need about $100 worth of toys to make it work. Angstrom is damn cool as well. You can get a complete image custom built distribution for you online.

That stuff is fun for me now :D

Cyb

Allnatural

just go's to show you, how dull it is around here
So let's liven it up!

ha001.jpg

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hehe... if you want Martin.. leave a msg at the babethread :p...

edit: WHOA!.. damn that's an old sigpic...

Last edited: