What's new

Internet Explorer problem. oO

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, it does leave the HTML rendering engine in place so that apps that embed IE won't complain.

shdocvw.dll and mshtml.dll. If you want to get rid of them, regsvr32 /u them and delete them.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
The Khan Artist said:
Actually, IE's Java implementation sucks. The only problem is, many Java programs are written and tested exclusively with Microsoft Java.

you're talking about javascript right? who the heck uses java, lol.

Netscape's javascript implementation was terrible before they went open source with Mozilla development and whatnot. you could reload the same page in Netscape 3 twenty times and half the time see the script contents output onto the page instead of getting parsed as javascript for christ's sake. i wrote pages mostly with IE in mind because back then, IE's javascript *did* kick the crap outta Netscape (up to, and including version 4). I still use IE out of habit, but I will easily admit that Mozilla (and consequently Netscape 6+) now has superior JS support that's far less buggy and looks just as good.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
No, I'm talking about Java. But, yeah, IE's JavaScript implementation is far behind Mozilla and Opera, mainly because it doesn't fully support the DOM.

Last edited:

jollyrancher

Good choice :happy: I can't imagine anyone trying Opera or Firebird for a week and wanting to go back to IE. Any yet over 95% of people use IE... shows how resistent most people are to change.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
The only reason that stops me for trying to delete IE completely from my comp (or at least disable it) is ActiveX :(. I hate www.windowsupdate.com lol

Btw, yeah, that "Top Ten Signs You're a Christian" is nice. I'm gonna paste it in my room's door jeje

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
The Khan Artist said:
No, I'm talking about Java. But, yeah, IE's JavaScript implementation is far behind Mozilla and Opera, mainly because it doesn't fully support the DOM.

oh, well java is probably true too, but that's more due to the MS Java VM not being perfect compared to Sun Java, rather than Mozilla really doing anything about it... (it just uses the JRE iirc)

shit, i just ran into some massive bugs with innerHTML manipulation in Mozilla. then i realized my version of mozilla was FIVE version numbers old (1.1) :doh: . got 1.6 and firebird 0.7 and all was fixed. and DAMN fb is nice/fast compared to regular mozilla. i'm sold. downloaded some icons too. its all fb for me now. :D