What's new

Internet Explorer problem. oO

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Okay, whenever I right click any image, whether it be a gif, jpeg, bmp, anything, it always targets My Documents and makes me save it as a bmp. I tried resetting my settings but it didn't help any. THe only way I can fix it is if I do a save target as instead of save image as but it's a bitch and doesn't always work. Anybody else have this problem? Please help.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ahahahaha...lmao, I've seen that prob at school, and to be frank - I have NO idea on how to fix it (sp1?).
Well....I don't know, but sp1 is the only thing I can see that I DON'T have and what the school DOES have.

Remote

Doesn't think anyone knows a way around it, that's why it doesn't work.. :p As Tag said, wwitch to firebird :D

2fast4u

Remote said:
Doesn't think anyone knows a way around it, that's why it doesn't work.. :p As Tag said, wwitch to firebird :D

well your logic has got me there :p so yeah, switch to firebird.

ciruZ

jollyrancher said:
Or you could just convert it in 10 seconds to whatever format you want using Photoshop or some other utility.
Have you ever encoded, decoded and encoded a jpg image? If yes, you would know that it looks horrible... So thats only a way to get much lower quality :p
And I can only repeat: Change to Firebird.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I'd say change to MyIE2, I've used Firebird, and IE, and Opera, MyIE2 combines the best of them all, and it has a Firebird skin, just google MyIE2 and you're set

2fast4u

ciruZ said:
Have you ever encoded, decoded and encoded a jpg image? If yes, you would know that it looks horrible... So thats only a way to get much lower quality :p

ever heard of decreasing the jpeg compression?

{ edit:

AlphaWolf: that "Top Ten Signs You're a Christian" link is somewhat nice :happy:

{ edit2:

Hexadecimal said:
I'd say change to MyIE2, I've used Firebird, and IE, and Opera, MyIE2 combines the best of them all, and it has a Firebird skin, just google MyIE2 and you're set

i just downloaded this and it seems to be basically a "NetCaptor" kinda thingie with an ie-core, which kinda defeats the virtue of not using ie.

Last edited:

jollyrancher

You don't have to switch so to speak because you can have 2,3, or 10 browsers on your computer and still use the other(s) on occasion. Firebird is definately better than IE, although I prefer Opera myself. Once you've tried the mouse gestures, "fast forwarding" feature, cool skins, faster loading, etc, I doubt you'd go back to IE. The only thing about Opera is that you need to register it to remove the ads.

Kaoss626

I've used Opera and Netscape.

I liked Opera for all the good reasons.... its FAST, WAY FAST, two more words "tabbed browsing" (by default) it has LOTS of skins, it kills popups dead. but, :( its java implimentations sucked so bad, I kept finding myself using IE to goto some sites so they'd work. Zoom in/out not just font zoom, but real zoom, resizes the pictures too.

So I tried Netscape. almost as fast tho waiting for this pig to load is a bear sometimes. Netscap kills popups just as dead. it has skin support, but there are only 2 skins (probably more, but I never really took the time to search, it just wasn't that important), java works almost as good as IE but I do need to use IE once in a while. it has tabbed browsing, but you need to ctrl click to open in new tab vice new window.

I tried Mozilla to, very same experiance as netscape (huh could be the fact they run on the same engine), but IMHO it lacked the polished feel that netscape had.

generally both have their respective advantages, but don't throw away IE, its compatable with 100% of the sites out there not just most of them, keep it in reserve for when your alternate browser fails you.

jollyrancher

Maybe you're using the Java-free Opera or something becuase IE Explorer has better Java compatability (one of the few advantages) but I've had very few Java problems and I've never had to go back to IE (I keep thinking Opera won't support something and IE is waiting in the wings, but I've never had to bust out IE since I switched.)

Kaoss626

I think I used ever version between 7 and 7.2 all were with java, so let me be more specific, I was having problems with java srcipt which is an entirely different language

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
GogoTheMimic said:
I'd really rather not switch browsers because IE has it's little tentacles all over XP. ><

You don't have to uninstall IE. In fact, you more or less can't... even if you use a tweaker to "uninstall" it, it's still there, embedded within the OS. Hehehe.

Just use a different browser...

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Kaoss626 said:
I've used Opera and Netscape.

I liked Opera for all the good reasons.... its FAST, WAY FAST, two more words "tabbed browsing" (by default) it has LOTS of skins, it kills popups dead. but, :( its java implimentations sucked so bad, I kept finding myself using IE to goto some sites so they'd work. Zoom in/out not just font zoom, but real zoom, resizes the pictures too.

Actually, IE's Java implementation sucks. The only problem is, many Java programs are written and tested exclusively with Microsoft Java.

Tagrineth said:
You don't have to uninstall IE. In fact, you more or less can't... even if you use a tweaker to "uninstall" it, it's still there, embedded within the OS. Hehehe.

XPLite can fully exorcise Internet Explorer from WIndows XP.

Last edited: