What's new

How fast are you running Goldeneye?

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
it would be over-kill. all im saying is ht wont do a thing for emulating.
and as i said before a 1.8ghz AMDxp should do it, like wise a 2.4ghz p4

Bill Fleming

Im not going to get brand name PCs anymore there too expensive especially Dell. If I ever get another PC i'm going to build it by myself.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
you are missing the point. he want NO slowdown, your system isnt fast enough for that.
jeus we are not talking about occasionally hitting 60, we are talking about NO SLOWDOWN. Man, read his first post

U serious??
You r obviously new to the whole "emu" scene as u just dont get it.
THIS is an emulator not a PC game so it doesn't matter if you have 10000000000mhz computer, it will run it EXACTLY the same way it does on a REAL n64... so to dumb it down 4 u
pj64 = real n64. So if the n64 cant run it with no slowdowns then YOU cant run it with no slowdowns.
Hope u understand.
PEACE

Last edited:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
dont take me for an idiot -it takes one to know one. I hope you understand me.
i very much know the emu scene - and what 1964 and pj64 are capable of. and - running it side-by-sind with my real n64 - my pc is actually slightly smoother.

of course it isnt going to be MUCH better, but its funny how a real PSX slowsdown when ePSXe doesn't, isnt it? understand?

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re: Goldeneye 007

Status, for me, Goldeneye 007 has been
always running rougher than
Perfect Dark, no matter the settings I choose.

I noticed even when people believe
Perfect Dark has higher or the same system requirements as Goldeneye 007,
Perfect Dark, compared to Goldeneye 007
often runs smoother, except for the pauses, especially during starting of a stage for the first time, apperently is
related to the new Jabo's gfx 1.5.

SquareSoft0

Moogle
??? Jesus Christ, these speed problems plague everyone, but me or sum'tin? Look at my sig. for my stats, I run at a perfect 60 on ALL games that I have including 007. Plus when I take off the speed capper I go at 120 on some games, the slowest I go when uncapped would be 75 on Zelda 2. I would actually 814 MB of RAM if my motherboard wouldn't spark everytime I add my extra 256 in there.:alien:

As for the guy who thinks you can't go better than a real N64, :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p Neener neener neener!!!

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
really? well, thats mighty impressive for a 1ghz thunderbird on sdram. Very impressive indeed.
:baaa::stupid:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
grand master said:
U serious??
You r obviously new to the whole "emu" scene as u just dont get it.
THIS is an emulator not a PC game so it doesn't matter if you have 10000000000mhz computer, it will run it EXACTLY the same way it does on a REAL n64... so to dumb it down 4 u
pj64 = real n64. So if the n64 cant run it with no slowdowns then YOU cant run it with no slowdowns.
Hope u understand.
PEACE

Not necessarily. The timing for older consoles, esp. pre-PSX, is much more strict, not to mention abused. The newer consoles often use common C libraries, even, which allows for some levels of HLE - which automatically runs much faster than the normal hardware because the emulator isn't trying to be the hardware! :)

And besides that, these people are talking about slowdown where the frame rate actually goes below 59.96 (NTSC). IF the physical output stays at 59.96FPS, and the game still slows down, then there's nothing you can do about it. For example, ZSNES, even when the game itself slows down dramatically on my system, maintains 59.96FPS. If your output rate drops below 59.96, there is room for improvement.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
james.miller said:
really? well, thats mighty impressive for a 1ghz thunderbird on sdram. Very impressive indeed.
:baaa::stupid:

My 800MHz P3 Coppermine + single-channel PC800 DRDRAM sustains 59.96 FPS in F-Zero X (with occasional mysterious pauses). ph33r. That's the only N64 ROM I have right now. :)