What's new

How fast are you running Goldeneye?

Zoomer

I'm wondering if anyone can run Goldeneye through max action at a 60fps.
No matter what resolution or graphical setting I just can't get Goldeneye running at a sweet 60fps all the time. I could care less in cutscenes and what not, but in levels where there is 5+ guys in a room shooting the game slows to about 35ish. It's usually steady when theres hardly any action or some action- some levels are great others are bad. I have 2 comps with 256 DDR each and I borrowed some to get 512 and I noticed a big surplus in fps.
Does anybody have over 1 gig of DDR or better yet RDRAM with a good CPU of over 1.5? How much fricken balls does your computer need?

Well

Well, at college, with a 1.4 pentium 4, a nvidia crappy sorta inboard videocard and 256 RAM, it even runs at 75-80 FPS with no problem at all

:n64:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
come on guys - hes talking about NO slowdown - there is no way on earth 1 1.4ghz willy p4 will do it.
im sure neither will yours, Bill Flemming, as you said your self "usually" - that implies that you mean "thats the max i get - but really, it slows down quite bad in places". That doesnt count

supergamer

Banned
Some games don't run at full speed! The sound of Perfect Dark is still skipping at 1,6 Ghz! If you want to play perfect, a N64 is very cheap at this moment. Buy one or wait for the perfect emulator!

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
You guys have to remember one thing... that is that on a REAL n64 golden eye suffered slowdowns and it actually ran @ 25 fps.
So because the emu emulates a real n64 then it slowdown...
But to answer the question i get 60fps easy on 1964 and no sound skipping.
p111 871mhz 256RAM gf2mx
:emutalk:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
grand master said:
You guys have to remember one thing... that is that on a REAL n64 golden eye suffered slowdowns and it actually ran @ 25 fps.
So because the emu emulates a real n64 then it slowdown...
But to answer the question i get 60fps easy on 1964 and no sound skipping.
p111 871mhz 256RAM gf2mx
:emutalk:

you are missing the point. he want NO slowdown, your system isnt fast enough for that.

jeus we are not talking about occasionally hitting 60, we are talking about NO SLOWDOWN. Man, read his first post

Bill Fleming

What I meant was that GoldenEye almost always runs at least full speed(60 FPS).

If you want NO slowdown you need a faster PC than what i've got (like a PC with PC 1066 RDRAM and a P4 3.06 Ghz you also would want a graphics card with 8X AGP too).

P.S. You probably need at least 512 MB RAM too

Last edited:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
well like i said im very nearly there. im talking 95% solid 60fps.

the graphics card isnt important, Bill Fleming , its the cpu and ram.

a 1.8ghz AMDxp should do it, like wise a 2.4ghz p4

Bill Fleming

I know you dont need a really fast a graphics card but the P4 has HT tech. that would keep the game from slowing down when there are lots of enemies on screen.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Bill Fleming said:
I know you dont need a really fast a graphics card but the P4 has HT tech. that would keep the game from slowing down when there are lots of enemies on screen.

OMG ive never heard of anything so funny!!!!!!!

and how do you suppose a p4 with hyperthreading will help when the software doesnt take advantage of it?

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
xp? do you mean windows xp? i didnt say anything about window xp.

i said AMDxp - as in "athlon xp". you know, AMD ATHLON?

Bill Fleming

Im talking about the Pentium 4 processor@ 3.06 GHz that suports Hyper-Threading Technology. I was saying that it only oficially works on Windows XP.

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
Bill Fleming said:
Im talking about the Pentium 4 processor@ 3.06 GHz that suports Hyper-Threading Technology. I was saying that it only oficially works on Windows XP.

well it still wouldn't make any difference weather ht was on or off because none of the emulators currently take advantage of it AFAIK