What's new

Help to speed up your emulation using GameOS!

truffles

A Pixelating Eskimo
Would anyone happen to know how I could get my gamepads working with GameOS? I am using either the Gravis Gamepad Pro Gameport and or Boom N64/PSX Converter. I cannot seem to get these 2 gamepads working in GameOS XG Shell Mode.

GameOS is pretty nice . . . but it is still a dangerous program for me. It is hard to test and play around with it when I believe in dangerous programs.

I am sorry, GameOS is pretty useless if I cannot use gamepads with it.

Thank You,
TRUFFLES

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Hmm, my gamepad works fine (Thrustmaster FireStorm Dual Power 2). Maybe it's driver related. Which Windows do you have? Also, if you use Project64 or N-Rage's plugin, be sure to have your controller selected under 'devices'.

OP
jelbo

jelbo

Nintendo emulation fanatic!
Oh, and GameOS isn't dangerous. When you use WinXP, it's a piece of cake really. I just found out that, when in GameOS, and you want to go back to Windows, just select 'Set Explorer as default shell'. After that, just open My Computer, and you go back to Windows. Kill GameOS with CTRL+ALT+DEL and you're fine.

Haven't really tested it with Win9x, but that'll be a bit more difficult I think. Win9x for 'experts' only then. :colgate: