What's new

Go The Welsh

OP
Macca

Macca

Macca said:
i want Australia v England. wouldnt that be great :)

vampireuk said:
A England - Australia final it is :D

all i can say is BOOYEH.

2 great semis leading onto one massive final. this will be a match to remember :D

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Jaz said:
Where are you getting that information from?

Last I heard it was a Wilkinson - Australia final. :p

Then Australia better watch out since we beat Wales and France with just one man, this time we may just field a full team ;)

Besides they have a strength which is Wilkinsons kicking ability, so why not use it? Points are points ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
vampireuk said:
Besides they have a strength which is Wilkinsons kicking ability, so why not use it? Points are points ;)

True. I'm not disputing that.

Just that watching England play rugby is like watching paint dry. :huh:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Well they were playing France who were the favourites to win the cup until late this morning :D

The weather and opposition means any fancy tricks were worthless, if you are playing one of the worlds best teams in such a crucial match it's back to basics for the victory. One person on the BBC board said the amount of trys we scored against Uruguay was unsporting, then started moaning when we didn't score any today :D

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
An Englishman goes to a brain surgeon and tells him that he thinks he is too clever, and wants to become stupid. The doctor replies, ok, but you do realise that Ill have to remove 25% of your brain to do it? Thats great, the Englishmen says, and the operation goes ahead. Unfortunately, the surgeon makes a dreadful mistake, and admits to the Englishman, Im terribly sorry, we accidentally removed all of your brain instead of only 25%. I cant apologise enough! The Englishman replies: "Struth mate! No worries!"

Take that Macca! :D

OP
Macca

Macca

i have a few pom jokes up my sleeve :p

On a tour in South Africa, the Pope took a few days off to visit the coast for some sightseeing. He was cruising along the beach in the Pope-mobile when there was a frantic commotion just off shore.

A helpless man, wearing an English rugby jersey, was struggling frantically to free himself from the jaws of a 25 foot shark. As the Pope watched in horror, a speedboat pulled up with three men wearing Wallabies rugby jerseys.

One quickly fired a harpoon into the shark's side while the other two reached out and pulled the blue semiconscious English fan from the water..

Then, using long clubs, the three beat the shark to death and hauled it into the boat. Immediately the Pope shouted and summoned them to him. "I give you my blessing for your brave actions. I heard that there were some bitter hatred between Australia and English rugby fans, but now I have seen with my own eyes that this is not true."

As the Pope drove off, the harpooner asked his buddies, "who was that?"

"It was the Pope" one replied. "He is in direct contact with God and has access to all of God's wisdom."

"Well" the harpooner said, "he may have access to God and his wisdom, but he doesn't know anything about shark fishing. Is the bait holding up OK or do we need to get another one?"

OP
Macca

Macca

Did you hear about the politician who was found dead in an English rugby jersey? The police had to dress him up in women's underwear in order to save his family from the embarrassment.

OP
Macca

Macca

great news too, seems like the poms are getting $1.75 to the Aussies $2. seems worthy of a bet because we all know how well the aussies treat their underdog status :)

Davemc

Dave
90% of us poms don't care about Rugby. :D
Come back with some jokes about football and we'll start caring. :p

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
KoЯn said:
90% of us poms don't care about Rugby. :D
Come back with some jokes about football and we'll start caring. :p

Less than 90 ;)

Besides football is rather crap to be honest. A bunch of overpaid cry babys who have no chance in hell at winning anything. Support the Rugby team, they are the finest team in the world at the moment, and hopefully tommorow we will prove it by beating the aussies.

What has 4 legs, weighs 200 lbs and echoes?

The ARU trophy cabinet :p

OP
Macca

Macca

This story is a classic

Man walks into a pub with his dog to watch the poms play, both being massive english rugby fans. Suddenly Johnny kicks a field goal and the dog jumps up onto the bar howling and dancing wildly. everyone in the pub was amazed the first time it happened but they were astounded when the dog did the same thing everytime johnny kicked a goal.

The barman leans over to the bloke and asks him "mate, that dog is amazing, if he goes off whenever england grab a goal, what does he do when they score a try?" to which the man replied "i don't know, i've only had him for 3 years"

so true :p

absolutley pissing down here now so it looks like we are in for a wet game

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Macca said:
This story is a classic

Man walks into a pub with his dog to watch the poms play, both being massive english rugby fans. Suddenly Johnny kicks a field goal and the dog jumps up onto the bar howling and dancing wildly. everyone in the pub was amazed the first time it happened but they were astounded when the dog did the same thing everytime johnny kicked a goal.

The barman leans over to the bloke and asks him "mate, that dog is amazing, if he goes off whenever england grab a goal, what does he do when they score a try?" to which the man replied "i don't know, i've only had him for 3 years"

so true :p

absolutley pissing down here now so it looks like we are in for a wet game

roflmao :D

A funny joke, but at the moment the teams we beat are using that very excuse. When ran in so many tries against the lower teams that we were unsporting. But when we play better teams we are boring for playing to win. Heavy rain is going to give us a advantage and let us play the slower game we want :)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Macca said:
what does he do when they score a try?" to which the man replied "i don't know, i've only had him for 3 years

*lmao* So true, but as much as I hate to admit it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. :p

Davemc

Dave
Hahahahahahaha, up yours Aussies.
All your shit and you still got annihilated.
Come on, I thought this was your sport. :D

Oh well, keep the jokes coming, but if you do, it means you're an even bigger joke. HAHAHAHA.

Oh, I still don't care about Rugby, but when your country wins something then you have to support them right?
Unless it is the International Gay Basketball Cup.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
That is probably the best game of rugby I have ever seen, and what a try by Robinson ;) :D

Well played to the Aussies and god bless Wilkinsons kicking ability :cool:

OP
Macca

Macca

KoЯn said:
Hahahahahahaha, up yours Aussies.
All your shit and you still got annihilated.
Come on, I thought this was your sport. :D

Oh well, keep the jokes coming, but if you do, it means you're an even bigger joke. HAHAHAHA.

Oh, I still don't care about Rugby, but when your country wins something then you have to support them right?
Unless it is the International Gay Basketball Cup.

i dont know if you actually watched the game or not, but that was one of the best games of rugby ever. the pub i was in was split down the middle, poms and aussies, who were each just jumping up and screaming every five minutes. i dont think its possible to get a closer game than that.

johnny is a great kicker, but aussies were lucky he missed so many, and how about elton (our kicker), two easy kicks sure, but how much pressure was on his shoulders both time.

great game nonetheless

Davemc

Dave
No, I didn't watch the game.
Even if I was awake, I probably wouldn't of watched it.
In fact, I thought it was tomorrow...
I can imagine it being really tense though. Like the dying seconds of a Champions League final, perhaps.
Well, I must go, I've missed the first 5 minutes of Man Utd v Blackburn.
I hope they both lose...