What's new

GeForce 4 MX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Is a GeForce 4 MX better than GeForce 2 x
or is it just a GeForce 2 MX with a higher clock speed?

Because, if it is, forget it, then I'm forced to get a GeForce 3!

... And goddammit! If the GeForce 4 MX is *no* better than
GeForce 2 MX, except for *only* a higher clock speed,

I minus well keep my GeForce 2 MX200 and overclock it
with the GeForce Tweak Utility.

I can get comparable performance, at least closer to a GeForce 4 MX by overclocking it with the GeForce Tweak Utility with
the following clock frequency settings:

mem: 334 mhz >mem: 350 mhz

core clock: 175 mhz >core clock: 190 mhz

I only want to change my video card if the GeForce 4 MX
has better image quality.

If the GeForce 4 MX is no better, (except higher frequency),
then please help me where to get a GeForce 3
for the *lowest price possible*.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yes. Higher clock speeds, LMA II, Pure HW T&L and much much more. :) i love mine, it's screaming fast to what i was used to (integrated graphics and a voodoo 3 :p) :inlove:

Stezo2k

S-2K
i belive the gf4Mx is a Gf2mx with a higher speed, but with a few new features like that shading thats required by doom 3. U wont notice much difference going from 2mx to 4x, wait for the price to drop or get a GF3TI

Stez

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
DAMN IT STEZO, QUIT GIVING PEOPLE FALSE INFO! :p A Geforce4 Mx has no Dx8.1 shaders (only traces) but in any case ALOT better than ANY gf2 mx. You will notice a significant boost in PC games, and in n64 and psx emus running at high res's and FSAA.

OP
R

RJA

The PC Wiz
Re:

...But a GeForce 2 MX has T&L too, but
apperently is *ONLY* available with Jabo's gfx v. 1.4,
*NOT* v. 1.5.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Re: Re:

RJA said:
...But a GeForce 2 MX has T&L too, but
apperently is *ONLY* available with Jabo's gfx v. 1.4,
*NOT* v. 1.5.

:plain2:

Jabo's 1.5 cant use it because DX6 can't take advantage of HW TnL, while DX7 can. But did i say TnL? no. I said PURE HARDWARE TRANSFORM AND LIGHTING. Also lightspeed memory architecture II which helps memory bandwidth by a lot, for high res's and FSAA, Anisotropy, stuff like that. All you need to know is that it is one fuck of a lot faster than a shitty ass GF2 mx. MMKAY!? :plain2:

crhylove

Banned
this doesn't change the fact that:

(from another thread, ;D Read b4 posting damn it!)

alpha is right on. he fails to mention specifically though that ANY mx is just plain not as good as ANY ti. this is a thing that carmack is mad about (the lead id programmer who created every quake engine and all the dooms, including the new doom 3), and with all rights. many people are running out and buying more expensive geforce 4 mx cards, when they lack many directx 8 and early 9 capabilities that are included in such fabulous cards as the geforce 3 ti 200 and 500.

if you want a bargain buy a gf3 ti.
if you want the best buy a gf4 ti.
i can't really recommend buying a mx in any scenario, other than if you have trouble finding a reasonably priced ti. but i'll solve that right now:

www.pricewatch.com

now go buy ANY ti! but be smart about it!

ra5555

N64 Newbie
RJA said:
Is a GeForce 4 MX better than GeForce 2 x
or is it just a GeForce 2 MX with a higher clock speed?

Because, if it is, forget it, then I'm forced to get a GeForce 3!

... And goddammit! If the GeForce 4 MX is *no* better than
GeForce 2 MX, except for *only* a higher clock speed,

I minus well keep my GeForce 2 MX200 and overclock it
with the GeForce Tweak Utility.

I can get comparable performance, at least closer to a GeForce 4 MX by overclocking it with the GeForce Tweak Utility with
the following clock frequency settings:

mem: 334 mhz >mem: 350 mhz

core clock: 175 mhz >core clock: 190 mhz

I only want to change my video card if the GeForce 4 MX
has better image quality.

If the GeForce 4 MX is no better, (except higher frequency),
then please help me where to get a GeForce 3
for the *lowest price possible*.

Sorry to say, but, GF4Mx is basically an "ultra version" of the Geforce 2. and Based on the price for an MX 440, I can't really recommend it to any one. It isn't even fully support Directx 8.1. I would much rather recommend any brand of GF4Ti4200, they offer the best price/preformance ratio. The new ATI radeon 9000 will also be a fair contender.

Good luck:)

Stezo2k

S-2K
cooliscool said:
DAMN IT STEZO, QUIT GIVING PEOPLE FALSE INFO! :p A Geforce4 Mx has no Dx8.1 shaders (only traces) but in any case ALOT better than ANY gf2 mx. You will notice a significant boost in PC games, and in n64 and psx emus running at high res's and FSAA.

sorry :p anyway, i said "i belive" :p

best choice for ra5555 if hes looking for a good price & good performence is a GF3 TI

Stez

RPGlover12

i think he should wait for the price down tell the geforce 4 ti 4400 128 megs
its gonna rock but toooooooo bad its tooo dam expensive here
so u betta buy a gf4 mx or wait for the price down and after that buy it :) nothin hard

M

mann

All the MX series suck, except the gf 4 460, but even that one is not that good. I have a fucking 440 Mx which licks royal nuts!! i hate it its junk its shit its the worse peice of shit....better than the gay 420 i had though (hey cooliscool) , but yeah my two cents...

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
/me loves his GF2 MX :)

I wouldnt get a GF4 MX, I'd rather get a GF3 Ti. Thats just my opinion tho.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mann said:
All the MX series suck, except the gf 4 460, but even that one is not that good. I have a fucking 440 Mx which licks royal nuts!! i hate it its junk its shit its the worse peice of shit....better than the gay 420 i had though (hey cooliscool) , but yeah my two cents...

Faggot! :p If you call ANY Gf4 mx bad then NEVER call a gf2 MX ANY good. :):) I love my GF4 MX, it's pretty fackin good, i mean, it's a monster compared to my doggy shit integrated or my broken down voodoo3. :)

Nice to know you agree iq, i always had a weird feeling about you.. i knew you were special. ;) :p

Last edited:

gogododo_313

The one and only
basically all you need to know is the gf4mx is like a stripped down gf3ti. if you NEED an upgrade like now and don't want to spend alot, get a gf3ti for 100$ or less if you search around, it's better than a gf4mx. if you want better and aren't too concered with money, get a gf4ti4200, you can find one for about 160$. if you don't need a card like now (i'm sure your gf2mx can hold you off for a while longer, i still use a gf2mx) you can wait like i am for prices on the gf4ti's to come down a little more.

M

mann

cooliscool said:
mann said:

Faggot! :p If you call ANY Gf4 mx bad then NEVER call a gf2 MX ANY good. :):) I love my GF4 MX, it's pretty fackin good, i mean, it's a monster compared to my doggy shit integrated or my broken down voodoo3. :)

Nice to know you agree iq, i always had a weird feeling about you.. i knew you were special. ;) :p

weird feeling eh? think hes special? *cough* faggot cock licker

anyways the mx series is the cheapest peice of crap ever you only think its fast because its like 1million times better than than gay integrated shit lol....and im telling you....you need a new fucking CPU not a fucking videocard to get a good performance!! BTW dont ever call me a faggot agian ya lil cocksucker

M

mann

"cooliscool am leet" ? ummm.. Dude you should take an english class dude

iq_132

Banned
Mann
1. That's mean
2. Just post all you have to say in one post ok?
3. If you're going to make fun of cooliscool for his English, you should probably take a nice, long look at yours.
4. Watch your language!!!
5. It'll be ok.
6. Cooliscool was joking about several things he said. Did you not see the smilies? That generally signifies someone is joking.

M

mann

what about my english lol i dont like using good punctuation online ok? its a waste of time...i got things to do? i think i spell most things correctly? so wtf?!! smileys mean shit to me? got it?watch my language? why? whats wrong with a few cuss words here and there?thats not mean thats the truth....one post!!?
/me calms down
ok you got me there....

Status
Not open for further replies.