What's new

gameOS question

OP
timmyhawky
i am going 2 buy a voodoo2 for it, and that will help(have i heard
so WHY doesn't work it 4 slow pc's

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
I know this Program, it closes as much apps as possible from Windows to free up RAM and reduce CPU usage. You can try it, but don't expect miracles. 5% - 10% Speed gain are possible. Much more Speed increase only can be realistic by Overclocking CPU (as you did already :) ) and Graphic Card (DANGEROUS!) + using the newest drivers. Things like defragment the HD won't help your Speed in N64 Emulation (In Games it will help waay more) and 128 MB RAM are enough, too.

Fazit: A slight Speed increase is possible by using this program, but your old PC almost is on it's limits already.

P.S. It seems like you have a new PC? 1 GHz, Riva TNT2, 192 MB RAM? Not bad. Enough for N64 Emulation with Pj64 :n64:

P.P.S. Thanks for adding me to your Sig. :bouncy:

Trotterwatch

P.S. It seems like you have a new PC? 1 GHz, Riva TNT2, 192 MB RAM? Not bad. Enough for N64 Emulation with Pj64

No, that is his other PC the one that he isn't allowed to use because and I quote from memory "His dad is scary for spyware".

Anyways, seeing as little Timmy doesn't like the truth, I will have to say GameOS will enable him to run everything at great speed on his 150mhz machine.

You can get the same effect pretty much by just closing everything in Win9x task manager - including systray and explorer (load app, alt/tab out, stop everything except game, re-alt/tab).

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Yes that's what GameOS does. I'm sure he knows that it won't help that much to be able to run Doom 3 on his Computer, but I'm sure I would try the same things with my PC, if I would not be allowed to use the faster one @ home for Emulation. You must understand him, I do already. My parents are the same type like his.

@ timmyhawky: Perhaps I should talk to your father. Emulators are not a security problem, if loaded from the right sites in Web and Roms CAN'T contain Viruses, they are no Windows Executables. Tell him that.

OP
timmyhawky
Trotterwatch said:
Anyways, seeing as little Timmy doesn't like the truth, I will have to say GameOS will enable him to run everything at great speed on his 150mhz machine.
I SAID ALREADY I KNOW IT DOESN'T MAKE MIRACLES, BUT I WAS ONLY ASKING
IF GAMEOS COULD HELP

Guru64

STOP ASKING ABOUT HOW TO MAKE N64 EMULATORS WORK ON YOUR SHITTY PC! You're PC won't be running it. EVER. You dad's PC won't do it either, because it might be better than yours, it's still an old PC. If you want to run N64 emulators full speed, you need a much better PC. End of story.

Blacklord

Banned
Easy Guru n00bs have to be taken easily or else there is the possibility of revolt and then banishment of timmy(i like timmy). So leave him alone.

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Hey Guru64, N64 Emulation WORKS VERY WELL on a 1 GHz PC. Shut up if you don't know what you are saying and stop flaming around or I know already what the end of your story will be! Aaaand it will work on a 166 MHz PC, too. Only with Corn and with some luck with UHLE, but it WILL work.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Emu&Co said:
Hey Guru64, N64 Emulation WORKS VERY WELL on a 1 GHz PC. Shut up if you don't know what you are saying and stop flaming around or I know already what the end of your story will be! Aaaand it will work on a 166 MHz PC, too. Only with Corn and with some luck with UHLE, but it WILL work.
Yes, N64 emulation will work, but the speed leaves much to be desired for on a 166Mhz setup.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I remember Gameos years ago, I found it to be completely pointless, it boosted nothing. This was a 500mhz machine I was using at the time.

OP
timmyhawky
Guru64 said:
STOP ASKING ABOUT HOW TO MAKE N64 EMULATORS WORK ON YOUR SHITTY PC! You're PC won't be running it. EVER. You dad's PC won't do it either, because it might be better than yours, it's still an old PC. If you want to run N64 emulators full speed, you need a much better PC. End of story.
i can play sm64 already @ almos full speed on my 166mhz+once i get voodoo2 it
will run @ full speed(i think)
and the zelda's 2 with good luck

GCFreak

You gotta be kidding me. Mario 64 running nearly full speed on your shitty 166MHz PC. You must be using Corn, I presume. Zelda won't run near full speed.

Knuckles

oh god.. this timmyhawky guy is getting annoying.

Please, stop asking every damn question that goes by your head, learn english and calm down in your posts. Learn to do structured posts!

If you want to play a certain console N64 or higher, either BUY a NEW PC or get the console itself! There's nothing else that will help.