What's new

Freedom of Choice

2fast4u

as long as we are in a campaign mood around here ... inspired by vamps thread i decided to post something different, the middle ground if you will ;)

Billionaires for Bush (or Kerry)

bushorkery.png

smcd

This is why I encourage every person in the US that votes to vote 3rd party, and watch how the electoral college f^cks you. (I don't believe that even if a 3rd party got enough votes to "win" that they would ever be allowed into office. Help me test my hypothesis!) :)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Hey now Kerry may have voted for the Iraqi war but he claims not to support it on alternate weekdays unless its a leap year.

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
sethmcdoogle said:
This is why I encourage every person in the US that votes to vote 3rd party, and watch how the electoral college f^cks you. (I don't believe that even if a 3rd party got enough votes to "win" that they would ever be allowed into office. Help me test my hypothesis!) :)

A vote for Nader is a vote for bush :cool:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
sethmcdoogle said:
Spread the word.

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

vampireuk said:
Hey now Kerry may have voted for the Iraqi war but he claims not to support it on alternate weekdays unless its a leap year.

hey, kerry is full of shit and the democratic party clearly has no spine but its a matter of voting for the imperialist religious fanatic or the guy who cant decide on his opinion. lesser evil :whistling

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
The strip also forgets the fact than many more Iraqis died under sanctions on their country than in the liberation and that the vast majority of Iraqi people now have a higher standard of life than they have ever had :p

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

true so far even though the numbers on that "liberation" are still counting. in terms of sanctions ... lets just say the usa has a great deal of guilt on this side there. appearantly the effects killed about 4000 people each month, and you still wonder why the iraqis were so pleased to see the yanks in their country ;)

edit: btw ... the strip was drawn in 2000, so i hardly think the author will take shit for it now :whistling

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Eagle said:
rofl dont make me laugh. You guys are just making stuff up.

A word for word quote from John Kerry

I personally didn't see personal atrocities in the sense that I saw somebody cut a head off or something like that. However, I did take part in free fire zones and I did take part in harassment interdiction fire. I did take part in search-and-destroy missions in which the houses of noncombatants were burned to the ground.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Political threads never go over well. Everyone goes after their own selfinterest. That's it. Mine right now is employment. So who am I going to vote for? It seems pretty obvious...

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

vampireuk said:
A word for word quote from John Kerry ...

but but but! dude, soldiers are just following orders, they are not paid to think for themselves. plus, they do those things for you, in defending democracy abroad so you can enjoy your freedom and live in prosperity and mindless consumerism!

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
2fast4u said:
but but but! dude, soldiers are just following orders, they are not paid to think for themselves. plus, they do those things for you, in defending democracy abroad so you can enjoy your freedom and live in prosperity and mindless consumerism!

I know you are a dirty pinko commie but you do have some kind of sense behind that big red flag you wrapped yourself in :p

Soldiers are not required to follow orders that go against the Geneva convention, as a matter of fact they are legally obliged NOT to follow illegal orders, therefore Kerry is responsible for his own actions in commiting war crimes. But well done on missing the entire point of my post and making some mindless drivel about something you don't seem to understand ;)

At least understand how the armed forces work before you criticise them :homestar:

OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

vampireuk said:
I know you are a dirty pinko commie but you do have some kind of sense behind that big red flag you wrapped yourself in :p

Soldiers are not required to follow orders that go against the Geneva convention, as a matter of fact they are legally obliged NOT to follow illegal orders, therefore Kerry is responsible for his own actions in commiting war crimes. But well done on missing the entire point of my post and making some mindless drivel about something you don't seem to understand ;)

At least understand how the armed forces work before you criticise them :homestar:

heh, sense? you mean the sense you suddenly developed when i lost the grip around your opinion and you suddenly faded from black to white in just about all issues? ;) at least im consistent. i dont just wave a red flag, i know why i do.

the problem is you run a selective argument here. for instance you apply the geneva convention where it suits you, like here. on the other side when it comes to locking up "terrorists" without trial and holding them in military prisons you dont give a rats ass about the geneva convention. which one is it?

second, the legal liability to reject illegal orders is a completely theoretical matter. practice shows that the fewest soldiers actually make use of that.