What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Jacob12103

Hello, this pack is wonderful, but I'm missing a few unusual textures. For instance, the interface texures for three of the "c" buttons are high resolution, but the fourth one remains original, and I only see Navi's wings fluttering around by themselves. I'm using Project 64 1.6 and Ocarina (U) (v1.2). Any suggestions?

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
He never mentioned what his graphics card is, so it doesn´t necessarily means that is the problem. I experienced a similar problem on my 8800 GTS. Unchecking and checking load hirez textures solved the problem.

EDIT: Oh, and DON´T load a savestate before all the textures are properly loaded, and the game starts.

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
He never mentioned what his graphics card is, so it doesn´t necessarily means that is the problem. I experienced a similar problem on my 8800 GTS. Unchecking and checking load hirez textures solved the problem.

EDIT: Oh, and DON´T load a savestate before all the textures are properly loaded, and the game starts.
unless you want trippy fun results.

VinnyC

I can't seem to get a Master Quest rom that will work with the packs. I've tried two different ones, but no luck. I can get the texture packs to work with the regular version of the game, so I am doing it correctly.

I do legally own a copy of this game for Gamecube, and just want to enjoy the game with these better textures. Can anyone offer some advice? :bounce:

ctatumt

Hey VinnyC, when you start up your master quest rom, whats the header say? Like my version says "ZELDA MASTER QUEST"
Heres an example of what I'm talking about

If thats what your header is, it wont work :( For Federelli's pack you probably need the rom with the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" header... hope this made sense and is accurate... :)

mamudi

Guys Maybe an Oftopic question, But every time I load my game it loads the textures and than If I load a save state it loads them again, is there a way to stop this

VinnyC

If there is a way to stop it from re-loading the textures each time, I do not know of it.

Hey VinnyC, when you start up your master quest rom, whats the header say? Like my version says "ZELDA MASTER QUEST"
Heres an example of what I'm talking about

If thats what your header is, it wont work :( For Federelli's pack you probably need the rom with the "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" header... hope this made sense and is accurate... :)

Well, I understand that, but is there a version floating around somewhere that has the correct header? People seem to claim it works with the Master Quest, so either they are somehow modifying the ROM itself, or maybe there is a different version that I can't find.

VinnyC

Ok, I got it working. I have to change the filename of EVERYFILE. Luckily, with autoit script, I was able to do it very easily ;)

Last edited:

cKaiser

I know that Xenobond (or Kman) doesn't want us to have the pack, but I don't think I can play without it after having had it before. I was wondering if ANYONE could help me out? It's purely for personal use. I've tried the other packs, they really just don't compare

Last edited:

Craig R.

x]
Just wanted to say this pack is GREAT.

But I only have one problem!

When I pause; the background becomes white; and the equip portion of the pause menu doesn't seem to display LINK; but it displays this blurry mess. x_X

Anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks~

asdaseb8.png
Got the same thing, and when I walk around in the environment I get this weird texture flickering

dcs78

So uh, is 0.21 the last version? StrategyWiki place says this is still under development.

Having watched this topic for a couple years now I believe that 0.21 is the final version he will be putting out. It is a shame as his work was top notch. However, so of us have taken up the task of furthering the work. I do not know if this breaks any rules (if so I will remove the link) but check out the current project site:

http://www.n64redux.com/content/ocarina-time-community-retexture-project

dcs78

Got the same thing, and when I walk around in the environment I get this weird texture flickering

I too have this problem, as I believe most everyone does. I have found a number of files that are created when you change gear. The different combination show Link in different poses with different gear. I think these pictures may need to be replace with hi-res ones. I, for one, would love to see it happen. I'll have to test my theory.

As for the flickering I think it is the redraw rate. The game is generating the polygons and then texturing. In the case of the hi-res substitutes it has to search the index, call the replacement, then load the file which is much larger than the original. The engine sometimes struggles to keep up. At least that's my observation.

Last edited:

lewa

EDIT: Sorry guys, new to the forum. I just noticed the community retxture project for oot :cat:

Just sorta testing the waters here to see if anyone's interested.

I'm starting to expand this pack if anyone's interested. I think you guys know where to put these files. For easiness, I just made a folder in the texture pack called "lewa" and I keep all my stuff in there.

Some basic kinda stuff I'm doing is smoothing some GUI elements (e.g., deku nut), and some objects like the bridge in hyrule field (which I think turned out well). I'm not as skilled as Federelli, but I wanted to help out (and I wanted to stop staring at pixels in the best zelda game ever).

Here's what I got so far:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/zmmlb0om2zz/lewa.zip

I'm having quite a bit of trouble, though, with bitmaps that are indexed. They don't load after I edit them. Any way to let the game 'allow' non-indexed bitmaps?

Last edited: