What's new

Conker's Bad Fur Day-Sequel

Neophyte

Hi All!

I'm not sure where to put this but...

Yeah, I was kind of bummed out that there won't be a Conker's Bad Fur Day sequel for the Gamecube so I decided to make one. :)(Not for the gamecube but for my pc) I have an engine so that isn't a problem but I stumbled across a bit of a road block, where to get the models.

The character models aren't so much the problem, I can model and texture those myself if I'm desperate, it's the level models that are the tricky part.

I can't model the levels by hand because that would be next to impossible. Too many inconsistencies with the original would pop up that would affect how you played in that level.

So I guess what I'm saying is, is there was anyway I could get my hands on the vertices, animation keyframes(?), and textures using project64 and the directx6 gfx plugin? I tried looking through the source for pj64 but gave up when I realized that the source for the directx 6 gfx plugin wasn't there and I wasn't getting any closer to finding out how to get the data.

Can anyone lend a hand (Jabo, Smiff?) or tell me whether it is possible or not?

Thanks in advance!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
:eek:
I don't think you can ever do one such big game, but...
Nemu has a feature to dump vertices and icepir's dumping plugin, too. Good luck.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
ya, tr64 .86 can dump the levels in a vrml format, and also has a texture/tile dumper. You can check it out in the forum on this site.

paul ngc

Banned
I can make for you the textures:)
Just send me the format from the clothes of conker and I make some real cool clothes for conker.

randombeaner

Mmm.. Beans
If you make this I will bow down to you!!!
PLease post a message or something here when you finish it, FURHUR! (Okay I don't love it that much)

OP
N

Neophyte

Thanks guys! I'll definately check those out when I get the time. I'll also keep you posted on how things are going.

paul ngc

Banned
Did you have already plans??
What levels and enemy's you going to make??

( mY english isn't well because I am from Holland )

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
paul ngc said:
I could make a Matrix outfit for conker :)
Or a kong-fu outfit :D

Please let me know if I can help you with making a sequel for CBFD.
mail me
[email protected]
He already has a Matrix outfit ;)

'neoconker'

Edit: I think the cheat is "eastereggsrus" and you'll be able to play neoconker in multiplayer.

Metal-Geo

first post :icecream:
Uhhhm...maybe late to say but: there's already a conker's BFD sequal, called: Conker: Live and Uncut. it's for the X-Box. anyway succes with your project!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
:yucky:
For X-box, yes, because m$ bought rare. Otherwise we might have had seen some sucessor on n64...
That truly stinks. And what about the banjo games? :cry:
I don't want an x-box!

But erm, we all knew it would popup sooner or later. Cbfd was a popular game, after all.

revl8er

That Damn Good
first post
Uhhhm...maybe late to say but: there's already a conker's BFD sequal, called: Conker: Live and Uncut. it's for the X-Box. anyway succes with your project!

I remember reading that it wasn't gonna be a sequel, but it was just gonna be a remake of the original with internet play added to it.

OP
N

Neophyte

Sorry I haven't posted very much. I've been away recently.

Anyway, I checked out icepr's dumping plugin but every time I run it in project64 the screen will flicker once and I get an error that reads:
unknown x86 opcode 8a
location 1229D2D
loc 7C0093
fgh2

So I tried the plugin with Nemu and it just froze. Didn't display anything.

I tried it with 1964 and I managed to get something to come up. The start of the game where it displays the nintendo and rare logos show up even though the background is supposed to be black and not blue. Then things get really ugly at the part where Conker cuts the nintendo logo in half. All the 2d particle effects are okay but the 3d models are just a collection of colored triangles. After that when it is supposed to show conker stumbling into the bar it just throws a video exception and won't go any further.

It seems like the only thing that will run Conker's bad fur day is PJ64 with Jabo's D3D6 1.5 plugin but that doesn't export any models or textures!

I'm at my wits end so can anyone help me to get conker's BFD running? I think there was something about ucodes under the tr64 .86 that need to be changed but I couldn't get any to work. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know of any way to extract sound or video files like mpeg layer 3?

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Well to be undertaking such a huge project I'll assume you've got some coding skills (Either that, or you're planning to cross-compile is from QBASIC to N64), so maybe you can transport the dumping to a more capable (i.e. Glide64) plugin. I don't know if the TR64 plugin is open source though... Maybe contact the authors (Assuming they are not MIA). Maybe you could negotiate a "Gentleman's NDA" with them, and if you modified a GPL plugin you would only be required to distribute source if you distributed a binary, therefore no binary sharing. But hey, it's worth a shot.

ACK Tangent alert: [alert added as an afterthought to partition the post into idea and worthless fluff... I do this way too often, need pills or something]

(Note, I am not big on Nintendo 64 emulation, seeing as my roms are all personally dumped (and I retain the cartridges and an N64) and it's not an exact science. (I'd still love to see a emulator without plugin support, or [more realistically] auto-plugin selection.) I'm more into the SNES (Specifically ZSNES) scene.

ShadowPrince

I think you slighly misunderstand concept of plugins in N64 emulators (as in PSX).First of all,it helps to devs to split the work between themselfs,and it's a main reason.
Second is,that plugin system lets you possibility to increase compatibility of emulator . Without it,you have your binary with fixed number of compatible games,fixed number of gfx glitches and various bugs.
Probably what annoys general user in N64 emulators ,is that no one of existing gfx plugins is perfect,there are many variations and combinations of various things.In this case best thing to do is to search forums for best plugin and settings for each particular game,that you're playing.
And to be honest,most of the major games could be played almost perfectly with default settings on Jabo or Glide64.