What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

PDK

Originally Posted by Tillmann
Can you post some non .exe files?
the .exe files makes me dizzy (you know its some virus fearing).

If you scan the .exe file, you'll find out that there are only .png's inside of it, and you can also rightclick with WinRAR on it, extract it by yourself and place it where you want. Im not interesset in infecting anyones computer, why should I?
Maybe i'll compress the next release as a normal zip, less work for me ;)

ragnor

I;m doing a paper on the Origins and the projected future of the Mario and Zelda Franchises. If anyone who retextures on a regular basis could help me out, email me at [email protected] (crossposting between this and the Zelda threads, but... w/e)

SubDrag

There was a good article in NGC Magazine about Zelda. I can't remember the issue # though, sorry. It had a full timeline.

minkster

Hmm...I haven't heard anything from cloudscapes for a while...or neither from orkin in that matter. I hope orkin releases those Mario 64 fonts he made by hand...they were looking awesome and Cloudscapes work is completely amazing. I hope all is well...keep it up :D - minkster

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
The actual cel-shading is nearly complete, I'm just waiting to get hires-texture loading implemented (which is coming along, but right now it only loads *_all.png or *_ciByRGBA.png textures) before release, along with a few other fixes...

Last edited:

gandalf

Member ready to help
oh man, wait until i get my new GeForce 6600GT :p

my old card....fx5200 just died :(

see wath happened to that card.... xD

AndyTHL

How does it work? :saint:

Hello,
I'm new here on this really cool Board :canadian:

Cloudshapes, your work is looking very good.
I'm new at this scene here, and yesterday I've installed "nineteen64", the Mario Rom, and let it run.

But i have definitively no Idea, how it works. :bye3:
I'm more an hardware guy, and have nothing to do with textures.
How can i add the new textures? :plain:

Do i need to install the neewest Version of Rice Video, too?
Where should i install your files, then?

Sorry, i know i have a lot of questions, but I'm completely new here.

Greetings, Andreas :ala:

Ps: If somebody knows, how to use the files here, he can send me Pm.

Last edited:

AndyTHL

Oh, i've get it , how to add the textures :saint:
I read the Readme-File from Rice Video.
And read something more from the Board here;)

Now, i have 2 Questions.
Is rice Video 6.1.0c okay for me, when I'm only gaming, or should i install a newer Beta Version?

Second Question:
How do i Install Rice Video as Plugin?
My English isn't very well, so i understand the readme file very bad.:(

First i've copied all files, from rice video in the Plugin Folder.
But then i would change the Rice Version, in the 1864 Menue, i got a Error Message :phone: . How do i install right, an which version shell i use?

Greetings, Andreas

Last edited:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Beta 10 is best as it is the version the newest projects are using. Keep 6.1.0 just in case though. As to the error messages, no doubt they are involving the BMG files and the mvc files. Get them both from the Rice's Beta 10 thread - BMGLibs is the one. Hopefully this solves your problems.

And Orkin - WooHoo! Good to see you're almost done. I haven't got a good card, so I won't be able to use it, but hey - it's good news.

Last edited:

AndyTHL

Hello,
thanks for helping.
How do I see, that it works?
I've ginstalled the packs, but i have allways the feeling, that it doesn't work.

Then im Loading Mario in "1964", the Programm displays Rom Name: Super Mario 64 (U) [!] , and the folder name of the texturepack is "plugin/hires_texture/Super Mario 64".
Is that right?

Nice greetings :ala:
(bin laden writing from a cave in afghanistan, with Laptop and Satellite Phone)*lol*
*that's a cool smilie*

Last edited:
OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Whoa, long time no post here.

Anyways, I haven,t really had the time ot read all threads for new features and packs. I just want to say that I still do intend to finish SM64's environments. I'm just really busy right now, now that I'm in full production at work. However I'll try and squeeze a few more packs this summer!