What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

Psythik

By the way, I figured out what my problem was. I had turned off "Force Software Transform & Lighting" because the tooltip describes that having it disabled uses less CPU and only newer graphics cards need it enabled. My graphics card is ancient so I figured I should have it turned off. Obviously I was wrong.

sonictails1189

I have a problem. I've downloaded both BMGlib.rar and RiceVideo6.1.1beta10.rar files and extracted them both to my PJ64's "Plugins" folder. However, when I go into the settings menu on PJ64, I get 2 error messages:

"This application has failed to start because bmglib.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

and then when I click OK:

"Failed to load plugin: C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Plugin\RiceVideo.dll".

Then it gives me the same two error messages again, this time for RiceVideoDBG.dll.

Can someone help me?

NeoNightmareX

Hey, I'm new to this, but I tried running Rice's plugin on OOT and I'm using Kman's Hires texture pack, however whenever I try to run Zelda, the menus, etc end up like this:
untitled76ly2.png

I'm using Project 64 with the rom Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2) [!]

Also, Navi is black, not that there's nothing wrong with that (Seinfeld reference)

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

CrashDance22

I ripped that logo ^_^
Is there an option to dump all the textures from the ROM, and not just the ones that are loaded? I need to get some original Rayman textures from Rayman 2, trouble is I have to do about 20 minutes worth of hard boss fighting to get to the part where you can play a secret level as the original Rayman.

numner

I dont even understand how to install the plugin, or where.

-_- Or what you just said

And I mean to sound like a noob.......

I just discovered it......and trying to understand it, tutorials don't even help....

lol i use 1.7 if thats anything

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
... put everything but bglimp into your C:\Program files\pj64 1.7\plugin,
and bglimp into C:\Program files\pj64 1.7 and you texture pack into C:\Program files\pj64 1.7\plugin\hires_texture

and if i have to say it again i will be very pissed.

Cyberman

1.7 what? PJ64?
Are you using Jabo's new Vid plugin (that has HR Tex support).
Follow the link I posted above and you won't have to mess with the extra DLL.

Cyb

numner

Nevermind.I worked it out after alittle thinking -_-

But I have another problem, but im going to the help center for it -_-

deathbycold

winter's unrelenting fury
Um, apologies if this is a stupid question,

I've downloaded the rice plugin and put in my project64's plugin folder. PJ64 loads the plugin fine for me, but I don't have any texture dumps. I see a folder named "Hi Res Textures" in my plugins folder but the folder itself is empty. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

gitech

N64 Artist
Um, apologies if this is a stupid question,

I've downloaded the rice plugin and put in my project64's plugin folder. PJ64 loads the plugin fine for me, but I don't have any texture dumps. I see a folder named "Hi Res Textures" in my plugins folder but the folder itself is empty. Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

The "hires_texture" folder is where you would put a "hires texture pack" that you can download from various threads here in our "Hight resolution texture projects" forum.

Or, it is where you would place "your" hi-res textures if you made some from your own texture dump of a game.

To do your own hires textures you would first check "dump textures to files" in the video plugin and play through the game that you want to dump and retexture. A new folder will automatically be created in your "plugin" folder called "texture_dump". In that folder another new folder will automatically be created for the game you "dumped" textures from with the "correct name" for the game. By "correct name" I mean it is the name that the plugin created for the folder and is the name that the plugin recognizes for that game(it's also the ROM's internal name as it appears in the top of PJ64 when the game is running). This means that when/if you make a hires texture of your own you will need to place it in (save it to) a folder of the same (exact) name that YOU create within in the "hires_texture" folder. That way the plugin goes to the "hires_texture" folder to look for the games textures instead of the ROM.

Tip: play through one "area", "level" or "room" at a time and take (copy) the textures that dump for that "area" AFTER you have fully explored it and just BEFORE you leave the "area" to go to the next, such as defeat a boss or go through a door. Create a new folder in your (plugin/hires_texture/"game name") folder with the name of the "level" or "area" you just copied the dumps for. Paste the textures that you copied from the dump folder for that area into it your new (plugin/hires_texture/"game name"/"area name") folder you just created.

For example your folder directory would look like this: ...Desktop\Emulators\N64\N64 Emulators\project64 1.6\Plugin\hires_texture\CASTLEVANIA2\CHARACTERS\FRIENDLIES\CARRIE FERNANDEZ\CARRIE 2ND COSTUME\2ND POISON

*All of the folders in capital letters were created by me/would be created by you. This example is of a folder directory that is pretty advanced but I put it here to show you what kind of folder creation/organization you should use to make sorting through all the textures you create easier when you are faced with thousands of textures to keep track of.

Once you have all of the textures for an area in the folder you created above you can open the texture you want to change (make "hi-res") in an editing program like Photoshop, do what ever you want to it, and save it. It should save right over the old "lo-res" texture, and now you have a hi-res texture that will replace the old one while playing the game. :cool:

For reference you can download this hi-res texture pack and learn more about retexturing from my experiences here: Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

Last edited: