What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

GlingGling

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this as I am having a problem with this graphics plugin. My specs: P4, Radeon X700 pro. Using PJ64/1964.

In Majora's Mask the lens of truth shows a big black circle when activated. All forms of fiddling have gotten me nowhere. Is there a solution to this problem or is there any advice out there? To be more specific, many plugin's work to a certain degree (see through walls that the lens is susposed to see through) but do not show effects (particles, stray fairy's) when the len's is activated.

This video plugin shows effects and sees through walls but the lens is solid black when activated, note the effects show up on top of the black lens. I've included a picture to help:

Vinilipe

Brazillian EmuTalk Member
Someone with some skills on programming should try to update this plugin...
Though we can use hi-res textures, most games run with some annoying problem...

Tillin9

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Playing OOT with Federelli hi-res 0.20 pack, I get a crash and the following error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Project64 1.6\Project64.exe

R6025
- pure virtual function call

The emulator tends to give this error more in full-screen. I run at 1028x1024 (6xFSAA,16xiso) due to my TFT. In windowed mode it generally slows down a lot at those points, but doesn't error. I can get around them with save states, but its a little annoying. I wanted to know if this was a plugin issue? I can try other emus if you think it's an emulator issue. I didn't see anything similar on this thread, but in the first post you it seemed beta 9 had some C++ error.

Milo-

I have useless information
Im very noob with this plugin but i get an error when i copy the Beta 10 to my plugin folder, it wont let me switch to any plug-in and my emu freezes, help :(

DDRPIP

The One and Only
if you want i can suply the full plugin with azimer's audio i have a filefront link that'll stay there until I see fit...if you want the link ill post

Milo-

I have useless information
Yes, BGMlib.dll is on the folder, when i try to choose a plugin it says that it is unable to find a INI file in the disk

decription

The OpenGL mode doesn't work on my machine, it runs the game but all i get is audio, controller input works just i have a black screen almost as if ever thing is working except video. But I don't think it an OpenGL issue as glN64 works, though not perfectly. Is this a driver issue?

I have a 2.0 ghz AMD turion 64, 1gig ram, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M with 128 MB

EDIT: downloaded latest catalyst and OpenGL works :D

Last edited:

Kikoshi

hehe nvm xP I fdound out where to place the textures, by Dumping them and changing the folder to place it where the plugin was XP Thanky ou and awesome Textures!

Last edited:

Iconoclast

I was beginning to wonder if this plugin came with an INI configuration file until I checked Clements' post.

I have two things I want to say about this beta version:

First of all, there are some tooltip errors. When you hover your mouse over the Accurate Texture Mapping option in the Game Default Options tab, the tooltip for the Force Buffer Clear option comes up. ??? Same problem with the Load hi-res textures if available option on the Texture Filters tab. Also same issue with the following options on the Current Game Options tab:
  • Fine Texture Mapping
  • MAYBE Disable Big Textures (I don't know what Enable BG Primative means, but it says you're supposed to DISABLE this option for Zelda MM when you're really supposed to enable it.)
  • And the TMEM Emulation, Alternative Texture Size Calculation, and Enable Texture LOD options don't have tooltips.
BTW, I've been messing with all 25 or so of those options with many games, and that one Enable Texture LOD option, whether enabled or disabled, has never made a difference in the game I would be configuring...what does this option do?

The second thing I want to talk about is the INI configuration file. I think I have improvements to this INI file. I have downloaded all the N64 ROMs from # to B so far and configured Rice's Video Plugin for each and every one of them, looking for errors and ######## around with 25 options, and I think there could be some corrections to this INI configuration file. The AIDYN_CHRONICLES entry, for example, has no settings whatsoever, while I found that by using these INI settings for this game,

{4f5aa9e623ead2ba-45}
Name=AIDYN_CHRONICLES
NormalAlphaBlender=1
NormalColorCombiner=1
ForceScreenClear=1

I was able to fix several issues (the sky and some alpha issues). And in Bomberman 64, I found that these were the best settings:

{1ed568f51eba497e-45}
Name=BOMBERMAN64U
AccurateTextureMapping=1
NormalAlphaBlender=2
NormalColorCombiner=1
PrimaryDepthHack
FrameBufferEmulation=2

Turning off Accurate Texture Mapping makes some very rough improvement in some graphics in the game. I can't remember why I turned on NormalAlphaBlender, but I remember it fixed something...like the smoke coming out of Red Mountain, or something. I turned off the Normal Color Combiner because, though the default option is already off, I forced it to the off option just in case, as it does make the graphics worse. Primary Depth Hack doesn't affect the game at all except for those couple of glitchy white flashes you get in the Bomberman 64 intro when you see him walking in White Glacier world. Lastly, since there is no lossless way to enable Framebuffer emulation, I set it to Hide Framebuffer Effects (=2) to slightly speed up emulation during the parts of the game where it tries and fails to emulate the framebuffer effect so it'll ignore it rather than try to process it (something like that).

Simply put, I think that I have better INI configuration data for N64 games beginning with # to B (haven't configured past Bust-A-Move '99). So, I think if we worked on improving the INI file, we could still work on configuring the plugin.

I also see that some of Rice's configuration for some games are more advanced than mine, as well, since there are some things I missed. One of those games is Banjo-Kazooie.

His configuration:

{0693bfa4d1df0cbf-45}
Name=Banjo-Kazooie
FrameBufferEmulation=8
RenderToTexture=4
ScreenUpdateSetting=4

My configuration:

{0693bfa4d1df0cbf-45}
Name=Banjo-Kazooie
NormalColorCombiner=1
FrameBufferEmulation=8
RenderToTexture=4

I don't know what that ScreenUpdateSetting thing does, but I turned off NormalColorCombiner (again, this is usually unnecessary since 'off' is the default setting UNLESS the user changes it on the Default Game Options tab for some reason, so just in case, that's why I do that) as well. For the most part, his looks like an improvement over mine.

So, I think we should somehow combine our ideas to improve the INI configuration file, because that would be improving the plugin. Is that OK, or am I talking too much and being too picky?

mudlord

Banned
OK,

for the people who do have VC2005, here's a source code patch to fix those tooltips. (I don't have it, so I can't just compile a plugin with the updated things)

As for the framebuffer problems, there IS ways to losslessly render framebuffer effects, its just they are not implemented in the plugin, yet....

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Hello, I haven't messed around with texturing in a while because I'm waiting for the new plugin to be realesed. BUt with Mdtauk starting up his new Zelda pack, I was going to jump in again. The problem is, all I get with any game ia a black screen. I didn't change any settings, and even reinstalled, but no luck. whats up?