What's new

A tribute to my late mother

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Im sorry man. Im only 20 and cannot imagine what you must be going through to lose someone so close to you at such a young age.

bcrew1375

As many others have said, I can't imagine what it must feel like. I depress myself all the time just thinking about horrible things like that. I lost my grandfather on Dec. 30, 2000 to colon cancer. My own mother is a smoker, and I fear for her health everyday. I'm very sorry for your loss :(.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Talas said:
Hope I was able to make some sense here...
Yeah, definitely - That's how i'd like to remember her as well - thank you for your kind words, can't thank everyone who posted here enough about that.

bcrew1375 - please try and get her to stop smoking, I do not want you to suffer her loss over a silly white stick, problem was because of a stomach issue my mother had a year ago (she wasn't eating back then) which was resolved for a while... we had thought that this had come back and that this was the cause of weight loss - she was stubborn, wouldn't go to the hospital or the doctors...

I'm a bit like her that way, in any case this cancer hid itself quite well; keep an eye on your mother bcrew - if she ever starts losing weight at a very alarming rate do something about it as quickly as you can - I will never be able to forgive myself for allowing my mother to get like that so the best thing I can do is try and prevent it happening again in my family or otherwise.

My mother was always telling me about how members of her family smoked like a fish drinks water and lived till they were ancient - make sure your mom knows how dangerous those things are.

Miretank

Lurking
My mom stopped smoking, three weeks ago. By herself. Well, motivated by seeing me sick as I am actually.
(know what is shit? when you see your parents discussing as I am doing now, that disguting)

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
i lost my grandfather to lung cancer about 8yr ago
and let me tell all you smokers out there

!It Is Not Worth The Risk!

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
well i'm not against people smoking, as long as they know what could happen to them as a result. After all... You gotta live your life your way and by your rules.

Again i'd like to thank all of you for the wonderful things you have said during this thread - I couldn't ask for a better responce and if any thread proves how good this community is, it is this one. (and that babe one is good too)

dukenukem

lord freiza
Sorry for your loss scott as i know how bad cancer can be since my aunt died of lung cancer in october and i have 2 more family members dieng of cancer too and have another memeber who refuses to quit smoking even though my aunt died from doing that.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
My condolences to you Scott, it's a terrible thing to happen... I'm the same age as you and I'm not sure if I could handle it myself. The worst part is when you think about what you could have done; don't do that, the past is past. Gotta look to the future. Good luck to you man.

Showtime

u have my deepest condolences scott we all here for u man. this reminds me of when i lost my uncle to a shooting. i just couldnt believe it..........

Alpha_1

Scott, i'm really sorry to hear about your mom, i just hope you will cheer up soon :(

I had a colleague who's mother died when she was 14 (3 years ago) the cause was still cancer, you could also imagine how it feels when your still a teenager and your mom dies...

My mom is 56 and she is still living, but she is also still smoking and that may bring her to lung cancer, i am 16 years old and i don't expect my mother to be gone in a few months/weeks/days...
On March 19th, 2006...it was 6PM...there was a tram accident right in front of my block, the woman had her son and husband in the car waiting, when she was crossing the rail and started crossing the street, she saw a car coming in great speed, afterwards she got scared and went back but she tripped on the border and fell on the rails...after that, the tram cut her in two...it was a horrible scene, on the second day i couldn't stop thinking of this nightmare, even between March 9 and March 19 i still got news of people dying in accidents...The deaths were of a total of 7, in March 9th three persons died in an accident between 2 cars (A singer, her fiance and the driver of the other car)...March 11th, a 17year old boy got hit by a tree and died, two other girls were in very bad condition...and the list went on, even i was close to get killed by a dog on March 17th!!!

This will remain a lesson to me and to you guys...You should all be careful when crossing the street, always watch for cars going on full speed and try to look where you're going...
Accidents are the worst part when even the carefulest of all dies when healthy, it's the physical factor which gives misfortune...cancer is a biological factor, dying at an age older than 80 is a normal factor because people can't be immortal