What's new

A movie of Fantasy and Children whom are Advent

Toasty

Sony battery
Just saw it last night (well, technically this morning). Even with the somewhat unclear subtitles I was able to enjoy it. You definitely have to have played the game in order to really understand it (which I have, so no problem there). Even if the plot escapes you though, it's worth watching just to see the great CG graphics. I'll want to watch it again when they get a good English dub out.

xneoangel

Persona User
I already got it but i havent seen it yet im playing troguh FF7 again to understand all the plot. :icecream:

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I was disappointed with the movie. There were some nice sequences and feeling but then they destroyed it with the fight sequences which were a total pain to watch.
Technically the movie is top notch but it makes Advent Children more like a technical demo than a real movie. And you pretty much have to have played the game before.

Eagle

aka Alshain
mix said:
I only played the game halfway and I understood it.

If you only played it half way, your missing out. The ending of FFVII was one of the most spectacular game endings I've ever seen. I'm a little bit nervous though about the movie. I rather enjoyed the inconclusive ending in the game and I'm afraid the movie might mess it up.

OP
Malcolm

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Well, there isn't supposed to be an ending; Cloud and the team will save the world again from Septhy when he gets Janova'd up... again :)

Remember what the President (Boss) said about everything continuing :)

loopsider

Malcolm said:
Remember what the President (Boss) said about everything continuing :)
Which of course grants Square the ability to make a perpetual story line. Great plan.

The movie itself was great. I loved how it stayed really close to the game (things like the Cloud's blade beam and funny way Cid ran was replicated in the movie). However, as it was already mentioned, Cid is no longer smoking...

Only complaint I had was that they didn't use the epic music for when Weapon attacks Junon, it would've worked perfectly for the movie's weapon (or whatever it is called).

Last edited: