What's new

A movie of Fantasy and Children whom are Advent

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
This movie, of which many know by a different name, is an amazing peice of "HOLY MOTHER".

I must say, indeed.

As Tycho of Penny-Arcade states:
Tycho said:
Fanboy Warning

This film contains scenes that may be totally fucking awesome. Your favorite characters may be rendered in extreme detail as they take part in mind-blowing battles set in familiar locales. Futuristic scabbard/motorcycles might be depicted in a way that makes them appear sweet.

Oh and a last note:

Last edited:

CKemu

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Painfully sexy film. The voice acting is solid, infact if you close your eyes you can see the character the voice belongs to. Given this comes from a games company who are used to putting a story into 60+ hours, they did a good job to do it in 1h 40m, this said the dialog was short in places, but certainly beats most current Hollywood films, especially if you have played the game before.

Action sequences are stunning, if not a tad long once Cloud has obliterated Bahumaut :p CG is exactly what you would expect from Squaresoft (note the lack of -Enix there ;) ). Music score is a nice set of remixes from the original game, though many are familiar if your a over-sad fanboy and listen to the concert stuff :p

The film has nice subtle touches like the mobile phone ringtones etc...

Some people have whinged that the scenes are too Matrixy - bleh, idiots these guys are in a true fantasy setting, and are all high on Mako or Magic, they deserve outragous fight scenes compared to Mr Stiff...err Smith.

Overall it is a must watch and deserved to be on the big screen much more than 'The Spirits Within'.

xneoangel

Persona User
WOW i didnt knew it was out already ive got to grab that movie simply because FF7 is my favorite game of all time and yeah you can call me fanboy i dont care. :p

Toasty

Sony battery
I reeeally want to watch this movie now. Beautiful screenshots! (You can call me a fanboy too.)

Alchemist

The animation is absolutely incredible;the attention to detail, the perfect portrayal of some of the most famous characters in video game history, and the grand, sweeping camera angles lead to an amazing film, fanboy or not.

I was blown away by how much Tetsuya Nomura was able to bring in from its playstation ancestor from Baret's gun-arm to Cloud's sword techniques, everything brought back VERY fond memories of countless hours spent aiding the heroes on their quest against Sephiroth. I applaud him on a job well done.

ff7ac_205.jpg

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
ho - ly - fuck. :w00t:

mind = blown.

Squaresoft did not disappoint. Hooray :happy:

tye stik

Super Nintendo Wizard
omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg ogm ogm omg ogm togmogmotgmpsaoerngkandfgaknfdgalkfgb.

I am the ultimate FF7 fanboy... I cant say I'm a FF fanboy because i didnt like FFX very much.... I've been waiting since 1997 for this movie, infact when Spirits Within was in the makes i thought for sure it would have something to do with FF7. f1n4l f4nt4sy is 1337. I need to see this movie, the only problem... convincing my not so geek friends to come.

mix

tye stik said:
I need to see this movie, the only problem... convincing my not so geek friends to come.

Well I asked my not-so-geek friends if they wanted to see it with me and they were like "hell yes!"

Sandie

Barbie is a Whore
i actually watched it in japaneese without subs the first time and i LOVED IT!!! I am so glad they stayed true to the characters as they were in the game. Vincent totally rocked ... I LOVED it!!!!

3x3cUt0r

Soul Without Body
this movie is impressive, Vicent and Cid are awesome on the movie... hhhmmm did Cid quit smoking? ;)

XplisitLyrix

Metal-Head Gamer
I'm saving it up for the US release. Are they gonna speak in dubbed english when it comes out? I haven't heard anything about that yet. If they do, they better not botch it up, a lot of times (like FFX) the american voice actors kind of screw it up. Hopefully, this won't be the case with Advent Children. Either way, this shit looks spectacular!

Eagle

aka Alshain
XplisitLyrix said:
I'm saving it up for the US release. Are they gonna speak in dubbed english when it comes out? I haven't heard anything about that yet. If they do, they better not botch it up, a lot of times (like FFX) the american voice actors kind of screw it up. Hopefully, this won't be the case with Advent Children. Either way, this shit looks spectacular!

Its a DVD, so you will most likely be able to choose between English and Japanese audio, as well as many languages of subtitles. You could watch the original version or the dubbed version.

Zilla

夢を見られた
cloudheadshot1xg.gif
FFACsmall.gif

Just saw it the other day.

Wow.:eek: It's all I can say.

I'll definitely buy the official dvd though, the rushed subbing was a bit unclear in places. "Zuru...Zuru...Zuru...."

Last edited: