What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

_pm_ Super Smash Bros.

shadowsoe

hi-res shield, only with the error of TOP and BOTTOM
_pm_ created this shields, and i edited it :bouncy:

attachment.php

attachment.php

gza

the cong jungle stage doesnt work:( Whenever i choose it, the level doesnt show up, and the game crashes whenever i select that level, and also, yoshis egg is black, when he blocks and throws. Can someone fix this :bouncy:

Last edited:

Jate

Help with Netplay

I tried using project64k netplay for super smash bros but everytime I try to join a game, it says project64k has met a error and then it asks me if I want to send an error report, can anyone help me? I put this thread on here because I couldn't figure out how to make a new post

Cyberman

Note about making texture packs

Would you ask someone to go run 20km for you? Well essentially asking for a complete texture pack is something like that. Although it seems like a 'trivial task' it's not. Heck I don't have any of the hirez textures working yet in my experiments. It's a bit unrealistic to ask for something that takes hundreds of hours of work... and expect it to be all done suddenly.

I'm sure you can appreciate the fact people do this as a hobby not as a job and they do have things like reality that interfere.

Of the texture packs that are 'complete' I'm fairly positive they aren't 100% complete. Such things are realitive I suppose. In any case ease up on what you expect from texture packs, also you can help my contributing to there improvement yourself.

Cyb

squeakypants

What they (and I) were referring to were the people who have downloaded all of these already and are using them all at the same time. Then it would be a trivial task because it's just be zipping up the folder and uploading it. They weren't asking for someone to make the pack, they were asking to package it.

Mr. Snippy

Cyberman

squeakypants said:
What they (and I) were referring to were the people who have downloaded all of these already and are using them all at the same time. Then it would be a trivial task because it's just be zipping up the folder and uploading it. They weren't asking for someone to make the pack, they were asking to package it.

Mr. Snippy
Well maybe they will, or maybe they'll drop the project all together. Who knows huh?
As far as I can tell though ... most of the hirez texture projects are a bit on hold. I messed with them for a bit, and even with a texture picking tool it's not particularly easy to set up. Packaging them all together and having them unzip to a particular hires_texture\<game folder> might be helpful I'm certain. However if you do have some of it working and you have most of the hirez textures, you could package it too. :)

Cyb

Lazureus

Well.. 43 pages is a lot to go through, especially since the first post's last edit was a long time ago>.> But yeah. I could try to retexture some stuff, if i knew how to dump it and work with it. I have photoshop >.>

pinfi

Gone through the thread and read most of it but can't seem to find anywhere to download the Texture pack 0.30 and 0.31 since the links are broken on first page.

If anyone happen to know where i could get my hands on these i would be forever thankfull

Impreza WRX

WOW! This game looks amazing with these high-rez textures! You just make me want to make some myself. I don't really have the time, though. :(

Anyhoo, here are some beauty shots at 1280x1024! :D

M@d-F!ghter

Hi!

if i knew how to make transparent textures with photoshop, i would do it myself, but as i dont... please help me!! i wanna add this crown in super smash bros - u know the crown, which the winner of a match gets! there is already a hires picture of it and i'd like to keep the number of it, but the crown could be better. If anyone knows, how to make it transparent, that would be great!

DDRPIP

The One and Only
heh here ya go to make it transparent just use the background eraser when the image is a flat layer

btw, this is really an amazing pack, kudos to whoever made it

emukeen

I've encountered a problem when i came to a scene with lots of same images appearing at the same time. :( For example, in the character-select screen, it's OK i choose 4 different characters. But if i choose 4 Yoshis, the emulator(PJ64) will become very slow. The same occurs in the Planet Zebes stage when the lava (which is made up of many same textures, i think) goes up and in Yoshi Island where i have to fight against 3 Yoshis at the same time in 1P mode (there are lots of Yoshi heads on the top-left corner too).

That means if there are many same or similar textures appearing on the screen, the game will become unimaginably slow.

Is there any options in Rice Video 6.1.1 beta10 that can get rid of this problem? or just higher specs required? and I don't think p4 2.8 fx5500 512ram is high enough.

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
I can't get this to work with the plugin. I put the files in the correct folder and enable the right stuff, but it just doesn't work. Previous texture packs have worked on my old pc, but this one isn't working...UGH.