What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

sjyune104

All Frame Buffer Effects are not working (otherwise great !!) on my geforce FX 5200 PCI 64 mb (using 56.64).....Is this because of PCI bus ?
If "In N64 native resolution" is selected, frame buffer effect is working ..but very slowly....1-3 fps
I also tried my Geforce 2 GTS AGP 32mb...but same result.....
Anyone can answer about this problem ?

Last edited:

khanmeister

Banned
Has anyone got Dr. Mario working properly in the latest version (specifically 4 player)? It hoses the background and makes the game almost completely unplayable for me.

dataangel

Not sure if that's the plugin is the problem, but in any case, do yourself a favor and find a new video card as soon as you can afford it. The 5200 is stripware.

sjyune104

dataangel said:
Not sure if that's the plugin is the problem, but in any case, do yourself a favor and find a new video card as soon as you can afford it. The 5200 is stripware.

Today, I tried the plugin with Geforce FX 5700 LE 256mb..but again all frame buffer effects are blacked out.....Now I can think of just one thing...OS problem...
I'm still using win98.....Anyone getting frame buffer effect on Win98 ?

Powerlord

Evil Emperor
For some reason, I still can't get the Basic & Write Back frame buffer to work... or at least not in Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie (I'm assuming they don't work in other games either).

This has been the case since 5.4.x (5.3.x seems to work).

Unless, that is, there is some other reason that I can't get them to work...

Veracity

Emu Controller Freak
sjyune104 said:
Today, I tried the plugin with Geforce FX 5700 LE 256mb..but again all frame buffer effects are blacked out.....Now I can think of just one thing...OS problem...
I'm still using win98.....Anyone getting frame buffer effect on Win98 ?

The problem is not the video card. Running a GF FX 5200 128 MB and I have all the framebuffer effects avalible. Running XP Pro

StAmAtIs

So anyone been able to code in anything new in the 5.6.0 source to get more things working?

Just curious :whistling

sirscott

Gauntlet ledgends

got gauntlet not to blink with rice new plugin also need that aslong as you dont mind the top of screen black where shows turbo and stats small thing to overlook .
iv been useing pj64_1_4 with the msvcp70 parts from 1964 need them fer rices vid plug to work in pj64 even
there 2 or 3 them msvcp71 or 70 you need .
heres a tip fer sound dont use jabos sound plug
use a older plugin called Azimers Audio v0.40Beta2 works best with gauntlet seems fer me to get black bar and no blinking with rices new plugin
go to current game options N64 framebuffer and set to hide framebuffer effects it get rid of a slight 2 red line in top left corner turbo think is anyway thats might not matter but the biggy is checkmark on force depth compare in current game options while games running . also in pj64 in rom settings set to check memory & chache and advance block linking on . set counter to 2 or 3 if got a fast pc even with my bad vid card
intelextreme 845gv but got 2.50 ghz .works same on 1964 but sound dont work only . i wont lie to you iv had speed probs with gauntlet goes to fast in game sometimes o might want check skipframe or not best to tinker with setting . maybe youall can fix gauntlet setting better .

Last edited:

guiverunit

I have a problem with Mario Tennis.

Ocasionally durring a replay the tennis ball gets stuck on the screen and wont go away, even when it goes back to gameplay.

The only way to get it back is to turn rendering to texture on (which doesn't work on its own) for a couple of seconds then turn it off and every thing is fine (i.e. playable) again.

I'm using a prosavageDDR(I Know)
Most recent drivers
Rices video 5.6.0 ogl1.1
no frame buffer
all default options
Mario Tennis (J) [!]

thx in advance

pics:
1. the problem
2. rendering to texture
3. back to normal

Last edited:

StAmAtIs

In the release notes it says that Star Wars Shadows of the Empire was fixed but my GFX are all messed up or maybe this is what it is meant to look like in this release but if not can someone plz tell me the settings to make it work right?
thanx :bouncy:

Screenshots: