What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
rcgamer said:
yeah, pilot wings is totally screwed up for me too.

I hate to use hacks. I thought I have hacked and made something to work better, I screwed something else.

ok, again, since I know where the problem is exactly, I am willing to provide help. I am not back to program it, just be glad to provide some easy help here.

in the CRender::SetWorldView() function, to find these lines.

if( mtxPopUpError )
{
mtxPopUpError = false;
return;
}

Comment all of them.

//if( mtxPopUpError )
//{
// mtxPopUpError = false;
// return;
//}

These lines make Silicon Valley working better. I guess they have broken many other games, not only Pilot Wings, so we'd better go without them.

Rice

oDD

/me odd
Good work

Thanks heaps Rice. Your work over the years has been greatly appreciated by all. You should be proud of what you have achieved.

Have a great break.

BTW. Here is a compiled version with the above fixes that Rice mentioned for people without a compiler.

olivieryuyu

i just want to tell that nightmare creature are booting and have nice gfx with mupen with your plugin. It seems that your plugin doesn't boot with 0.99, boot but buggy with pj64, boot gfx ok but rsp (jabo and hactaurx) bugs after. so it's link to audio or core ... not gfx

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Thanks heaps Rice. Your work over the years has been greatly appreciated by all. You should be proud of what you have achieved.

You are welcomed, oDD. I wish it works fine on XBOX. I know it can be optimized in many ways for a XBOX port, many features can be disabled or taken out in order to boost performance. I will be glad to provide some helps when you need them.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
That fix also fixed Beatle Adventure Racing for me with one exception, the combiner for the car textures is of again, your cars colors are all messed up. Still, all the textures for the enviornments are now working

deathtok

thanks

Hey Rice, thanks for all the great plug-ins, playing games on a PC vs. N64 is a completely different experience. I've watched emulation since nesticle was still in development. Seeing the dawn of N64 emulation in project unreality and the more advanced N64 emulators of today such as 1964. Thanks for your contributions to the scene and good luck in your other ventures programming and otherwise.

...And to all the other programmers, get cracking :)

otomo

Well, one got to be honest, I'm not happy that you're leaving, there goes my chance to enjoy better n64 emulation without having to upgrade my video card.

heck, psx emulation was already demanding it so....

I wish you the best of luck on your future projects (non emulation related or not)

thanks for everything.

zaba_3

good to hear you only take break.your plugs are best because my crappy geforce works fully on it .thanks for fixing south park rally :sp_canada
and others.good luck on "real life"

Last edited:

madprofessor

zito oi penses
outstanding work! i kinda know that even on a break u'll have flashes about evolving your project :sorcerer:

and about the source release, dude ur on top of the emulation scene concept :matrix:

masterminds need the rest ;)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
oDD said:

Have a great break.

BTW. Here is a compiled version with the above fixes that Rice mentioned for people without a compiler.

Agreed. Thanks again to Rice for the plugin and quickie fix help here.

And thanks oDD for taking a bit of time to compile this.

nmontes

Rice: Enjoy your free time, you deserve it, yours is one of the best plugins in the world(no joke). But i've got a problem. In Conker's Bad Fur Day (U) ! i can't put normal textures, if i select Normal combiner, all is black, but if i don't put Normal combiner, The tidiz and the Squirrels textures are only white, and some lights are strangely violet(If you can help me giving me the options i need or a fix, i'll be eternally thankful :) ).
My specs are:
Intel Celeron 1.7 GHZ
Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
Windows 2000
1964 0.99
Rice Video Plugin 5.6.0(obviously)
(i've tested with Project 64 1.5, and the error still is there)

revl8er

That Damn Good
Hmm, try downloading the newest drivers for your gfx card. If that doesn't work then delete the registry of the plugin and try it again.

-Shadow-

Banned
The mirror shield in Zelda -Master Quest gets screwed when you are near to the camera and the Mirror shield in Majora's mask is still screwed... o_O

Rice , it's sad that you are leaving this project , i'll miss you :(

MastaKlobb

Thanks for a new update Rice - What would be the best settings for Perfect Dark? I can't get the sky texture to show

The Siskoo

There is a problem with Fighting force 64 (E) and (U). With Rice 5.5.1 you on the first picture texts are correct and with Rice 5.6.0 texts are weird

lukeskyd

problems with mario tennis..

Dear Rice and who continues the project
I have problem with mario tennis...
Hitting the ball and some bonus appear screwed ... :yucky:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
The Siskoo said:
There is a problem with Fighting force 64 (E) and (U). With Rice 5.5.1 you on the first picture texts are correct and with Rice 5.6.0 texts are weird

Are you using the updated version? If yes, then someone may be able to fix it later.

The Siskoo

Rice said:
Are you using the updated version? If yes, then someone may be able to fix it later.

Yup with the updated version. Same Problem :(

Gex enter the gecko works with the updated version (with your official, the background disappeared).