What's new

Dolphin Final 1.03.2 x64 Public Beta (single/dualcore support)

Bianc0neri

The fact is I dont know anyone with the OS discs and I don't really feel like paying the $150+ just so I can play gamecube games on my PC right away. Also, I hear there were a lot of flaws with the XP 64-bit. :/

I see, yeah, of course, the emulator is for now in the early stage, but it emulate the games just fine in fact, and you can play SSBM with a resonable speed, just without sound. But I love this version, it's worth a try, definitely.

Bianc0neri

this is my system
CPU:intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2,66GHz 8MB L2
RAM: 8GB
Graphics:Nvidia Quadro FX 5600 6GB
suport the emulator???? please

Your system is really a beast. But all depends on the emulator, it doesn't make any difference if your run the emualtor with the worlds best computer.

Last edited:

Mahkleb

In case anyone is wondering, my system specs are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz (x4)
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce 8600 GT
Motherboard: Fatal1ty FP-IN9 SLI with integrated soundcard (7.1 CH HD Audio)
RAM: 4GB DDR2 2.5 GHz (not sure about this, I lost the product paperwork)
Hard Drive: 500GB 7200 RPM

Its an alright computer, but better than my last one. :)

Alan3002

Hey everyone
Glad to see a new build of the emulator...I have read many times people complaining about this emu but its the only GC one so I say well done to you all
A bit disappointed that the new build is only for 64x systems and not 32x...hopefully a 32x version that supports dual core will be released
Anywho heres my specs:
Windows Vista Home Premium
2046mb RAM
Intel Core 2 CPU @ 2.00 GHZ dual core
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS BFG @ 256 mb boosted to 1008 mb over the RAM

Any chance that I would be able to get Resident Evil Zero to work with the emu as its the only game I wish to play on the GC

Thanks and all the best

Alan3002

Bah it doesnt....how disappointing
It plays perfectly at the intro...the 1st cutscence is screwed up and when the game starts the screen is just a greeny grey colour :(
what I could do was turn on that wireframe thing and the greeny grey disappeared and I could see my character but as you know you cant exactly play a game in wireframe.....
ah well hopefully in the near future this problem will be addressed

r0b3

I don't get it, I just downloaded the dual core version, but when I try to run the dual core or even the single one, there's an error that tells me that it's not a valid Win32 application. What seems to be the problem, can anyone help me?

r0b3

Well, I actually read everything, the only thing is that I didn't knew how to find out if my computer or OS was that 64x and also didn't know what my error meant, but then again thanks for your "help"

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Well, I actually read everything, the only thing is that I didn't knew how to find out if my computer or OS was that 64x and also didn't know what my error meant, but then again thanks for your "help"
You just have to check the system settings and you will see which OS you have, e.g. Windows XP Home Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista x64, etc.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If one does not know for sure which OS he/she has, it's safe to assume that it's the 32-bit kind.

sl1nk3

Hi,
I would like to thanks the guys behind this emulator, they've done a really great work on it !
I'm running it on Vista x64 with a 3.4Ghz E6600 and it's running pretty fast :)

it's actually running faster than it should at even more than 30fps using dynarec + dualcore options...

Hope there will be an implemented framelimiter soon... or maybe could you just release at least some parts of the src code ? (i'd really like to see how it's working :santa: )

anyway, it just needs a framelimiter and some work on the graphic side of things to be perfect :bouncy:

Here are some vids that i took with fraps :
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_6sezM0hJcY&fmt=18
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=aE0KrtodUrk&fmt=6

Thanks and please keep up the good work =]
(p.s: i'm french, thus i'm sorry if my english is bad)

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hi,
I would like to thanks the guys behind this emulator, they've done a really great work on it !
I'm running it on Vista x64 with a 3.4Ghz E6600 and it's running pretty fast :)

it's actually running faster than it should at even more than 30fps using dynarec + dualcore options...

Hope there will be an implemented framelimiter soon... or maybe could you just release at least some parts of the src code ? (i'd really like to see how it's working :santa: )

anyway, it just needs a framelimiter and some work on the graphic side of things to be perfect :bouncy:

Here are some vids that i took with fraps :
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=_6sezM0hJcY&fmt=18
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=aE0KrtodUrk&fmt=6

Thanks and please keep up the good work =]
(p.s: i'm french, thus i'm sorry if my english is bad)
A "thank you" is alway great, but in the same post asking for the source isn't that nice. There are already a lot open source game cube emus out, you could check them, to see how they are working.
Nice videos, but a little bit short...

sl1nk3

A "thank you" is alway great, but in the same post asking for the source isn't that nice. There are already a lot open source game cube emus out, you could check them, to see how they are working.
Nice videos, but a little bit short...

Yeah i already have Gcemu sources but there is definitely a lot of work to do on this one...
I just thought that some help (not only from me) would maybe speed up the development (...)
But nevermind open source is not usually that great on such a project

as for the videos, unregistered users of fraps can only record 30s of videos, that's why it's short :bouncy:

3xSxE

How to slow it down?

hi,

great job with this fantastic emulator!

I want to know how to slow down the running game, respectively how to limit the framerate?! Beyond Good And Evil runs on Dolphin 64 1.03.2 x64 (von Vista x64) with 160 frames per second... to fast for my taste! :)

Legend of Zelda: TP does not start... after the safety screen and the nintendo-logo the screen remain black.

My System:

Core 2 Duo 2Ghz
GeForce 7700go (169.62 ForceWare)
2 GB Ram
Windows Vista x64 Business

P.S: Why does Dolphin opens a new window to display the game instead of embedding it into the main Dolphin-window?

P.P.S: Is there a way to configure a xbox360 controller pad? Only my left analog-stick works.

sl1nk3

Zelda TP won't run if you're using "Dualcore" in the emulator's options :)

And there is no framelimiter yet :(