What's new

Rice Video 5.6.0

tuw

Zelda OOT is messed up where many things are see through, looks like it doens't like overlaying textures anymore. seems the same problem with TWINE and the glass appearing in front of people. This is with all versions of 5.6 (Even the two fixes).

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's sad to see that you are leaving this project, we'll miss you all, Rice.
But no one knows, wheather you will continue your plugin or another great coder. But all what you have done is great work, good look in your real life! Enjoy it, everybody need sometimes a break!

ggab

Emutalk Member
Federelli said:
Guys please, when you upload new versions, also upload the updated source
and select this Screen settings, so the size change from 419kb to 262kb.

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice
Great work on the new release and hope you have a good break!

Just some games that I have stumbled upon that may have been broken, these include: (Screenshots below)

Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero - In game all messed up

Mortal Kombat 4 - When fireballs are shot a line shows up going right down the screen.

Extreme-G 2 - (It says in release notes that the depth problem was fixed but for me its still there)

Fighting Force 64 - In game all messed up

Will test more games later on.

Also sometimes when I close a game and open another one there is glitches there but when I restart the emulator it is fixed.

sirscott

Gauntlet Ledgends

GREAT WORK RICE !! anyhope to ever fix gauntlet ? seems to be one them
hard games to get right . ko200 is looking alote better everything linedup
few probs going from start to next screen but after that works good .

sjyune104

Hi !.. and Thank you for all your work.....I hope you can find more meaningful thing in your life...(;
By the way, I have one question...as you also have both Geforce FX and MX..maybe you can answer this....When nearest filter is selected on Geforce FX all the textures that are supporsed to be bilineared on N64 (specially charcters)are bit squashed or garbled (by one or two pixel...looks like it rendered on wrong resolution) but on the other hand, MX doesn't have this problem....Looks just fine !! they are all pixel perfect like all other textures.....I'm using same driver for both cards so I don't think this is driver issue......Do you also notice this problem ?
You can easily check this on games like Starfox,Starsoldier..
Also this only happens on Directx not OpenGL.......

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
StAmAtIs said:
Hey Rice
Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero - In game all messed up

Mortal Kombat 4 - When fireballs are shot a line shows up going right down the screen.

Fighting Force 64 - In game all messed up

Sorry for missing the single line here. Just don't want to screw anyone who might use or continue this project. Here is what and where missed.

Need to add this line to the very last line of function UpdateCombinedMatrix() in RenderBase.cpp

gRSP.bCombinedMatrixIsUpdated = false;

Rice

StAmAtIs

Hey Rice & Nighty0
Great work on mk mythologies and fighting force.
But the mortal kombat 4 problem still remains (fireball problem) and the extreme g 2 problem.

Great Work Still!!! :D

sjyune104

I think Texel Alignment is little bit off (by one or two pixel) on Geforce FX ...
Geforce 4 MX (using same driver) and Radeon 9200 doesn't have this problem....
Not only Rice's Plugin but all other Direct X Plugins has same issue
Is this about Hardware ?
Rice You don see this problem as you also have 3 video cards..?

StAmAtIs

I tired ticking the 'Primary Depth Hack' box but it still doesnt work
Could Nighty0's fixed version broken something?

Don't worry fixed it now
Just had to restart emu!
Thanx Rice

Last edited:

co_p3rth

Emu Lover
uhm.... mario party3 character gfx screwed up in most mini games while the mini game itself runs fine... its not happening in 5.5.1 version, do i need to change stuff in 5.6.0 version option ?? in using directX emulation tho :)

ps. ok just realized the pc spec doesn't shows anymore, this is the info in case u needed it
pc pc runs on :

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton
Dual 512 DDR PC 3200
GeforceFX 5200 128mb DDR
uhm.... that's all :p

Last edited:

MastaKlobb

Can anyone see the sky textures on perfect dark? - The intro is now perfect but I can still only see glitch instead of sky.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
co_p3rth said:
uhm.... mario party3 character gfx screwed up in most mini games while the mini game itself runs fine... its not happening in 5.5.1 version, do i need to change stuff in 5.6.0 version option ?? in using directX emulation tho :)

ps. ok just realized the pc spec doesn't shows anymore, this is the info in case u needed it
pc pc runs on :

AMD AthlonXP 2500+ Barton
Dual 512 DDR PC 3200
GeforceFX 5200 128mb DDR
uhm.... that's all :p

Disable the option 'Texture Scale Hack' will help this. But the hack helps the game menu.